Most Improved Defenses by Phil Steele

I still need to order my copy of Steele's mag this year. He was very optimistic last season, I can't wait for him to get my hopes up again... :)

Reactions: 2 people
Sadly, we could end up not even ranked in the top half of the NCAA rankings and still be most improved. Not many teams could improve 60 places in the rankings.

Thats what I was thinking. Imagine being 70th in the nation in defense, and our DC getting awards and a big raise at the end of the season. :eek:lol:

I'm not sure how much folks around here absorbed the history that we witnessed in 2012'. Human nature often tends to forget failure and focus on successes of the past. But, we witnessed the most horrific defense coaching and resulting field play in the storied history of UT.

Even with below UT standard recruiting classes, coaching turmoil, and a new scheme. And we had some good (not great) talent! It is inconceivable that the home team at Neyland stadium could finish a season below 80th. We shattered that by going below 100th!

I know everyone was disappointed, but I'm not sure how many really have embraced extreme nature of what occurred. Looking back, it almost makes a conspiracy look conceivable. :crazy:

Can you remember Troy? Mizzou? Akron? Vandy? Sorry.

That was an easy prediction Steele made - the day Sunseri was fired the defense improved by 80%

Reactions: 3 people
He is not going out on a limb here.. we are going back to the defense our personnel was recruited for. we fell that many spots in one year, we can at least get back to where we were at before sunseri.

2012 defense is the worst I have ever seen. The fact that Sal got some much money from us and a job at FSU shows why I will never feel sorry for a coach that gets fired.

Hope the shades aren't rose colored glasses.

Duh! Just looked at your avatar. Good one.

I think the first thing we need to do is find out who was spiking the water with valium last year. Next, I expect a lot less injuries this year do to the conditioning program. We need to go the full season with our safeties and LBs in tact. Lastly, we have to start sacking that opposing qb with regularity. Lock um down Riyahd!

50% of the players on the team made it work with Wilcox. Too bad Sentimore made a bad decision on going pro. Could use a little more depth.

In your favorite bookstore now-----and possibly Walmart---too.

I urge avoiding walmart (China-mart) and GM----both heavily Chinese investments.

I like Walmart. What's the problem? I shop there every opportunity I can what the h#ll does the Chinese have to do with it? I'm shopping.

I think that mathmatically it would be almost impossible not to have a significant improvment this year vs. last year. At least that is what I hope for.............

In your favorite bookstore now-----and possibly Walmart---too.

I urge avoiding walmart (China-mart) and GM----both heavily Chinese investments.

I buy the frozen bags of fish from Wal Mart and just read an article on fb about the conditions of how those fish are raised in China and what they are fed. Went and looked at the bags and all are from China. I threw my bags out. Totally disgusting.

Reactions: 1 person
Butthurt union propaganda IMO. Compare the labels at ANY OTHER STORES and it's all the same.:crazy:

Their sales don't seem to be hurting so they must be doing something right. I bought some swai the other day and fried it up. Nothing wrong with the taste or the sixth pinkie toe that started growing last night. Quit trippin.

I still need to order my copy of Steele's mag this year. He was very optimistic last season, I can't wait for him to get my hopes up again... :)

Make sure to get a Football Time In Tennessee mag.

VN Store

Back