Most disliked team in the SEC

Florida for me. Been a pain in basketball, and beat us 30 years straight in football. Then probably Alabama and Vanderbilt for a close second.

Bammer should be #1. It's like the Yankees. There is no in between gray area. They have a lot of fans for being successful and they have a lot of haters for being successful.

I have never hated Bama because of their success. But I do hate them because they do not play by the same rules as other teams in the SEC.

This one is too easy! Floridah is the most hated. They disrespect opposing fans the most at their home field. I once saw a bunch of Florida fans cuss and spit at a guy walking with his wife and elementary age school kids into one of their games. Bravery comes in numbers there. Classless.

This one is too easy! Floridah is the most hated. They disrespect opposing fans the most at their home field. I once saw a bunch of Florida fans cuss and spit at a guy walking with his wife and elementary age school kids into one of their games. Bravery comes in numbers there. Classless.

Just curious...what year(s) did you come to Gainesville?

I know some UF fans whose only trip to Knoxville was 1998, and they vowed never to come back based on how they were treated.

I know some UF fans whose only trip to Knoxville was 1998, and they vowed never to come back based on how they were treated.

I also went to the fla/ut game when it was raining in Knoxville, when Spurrier was there. The one where the first half Sukked and fla jumped out to a huge lead, only to barely hang on in the end to beat us like 35 to 31. About seven rows in front of me was a father decked out in orange and his college age daughter, also a ut fan, and her fla fan boyfriend. The dad just sat there, it looked like embarrassed as hell. He was in the dad's face the whole time, and it didn't look like it was the kind of kidding around that was appreciated. He was also was getting the crowd around him riled with his antics. I could tell it was embarrassing both of them that they actually brought the dude. The dad handled him with a lot more class than I would have. Just always struck me as just wrong.

I didn't go to that one, but I think everyone I know was there. That party started early and lasted late, so I imagine that was probably the most drunk a fan base could get. So I can see that.

Pent up frustration, probably. I imagine there will be some unsavory individuals in Knoxville should UT pull off a win this year.

I was at the 03 game in Gainesville that we won. On the way out this drunk chick grabbed my sister and was trying to vomit on her while saying "Go Gators". Realizing what she was trying to do I gave the girl a light shove to get her away. She went drunkenly careening off into some nearby bushes. A couple douche bag FL fans came running over and started yelling at me.

Fortunately since it was a game we won, they were quickly out numbered by all the other TN fans around who circled them in.

The douchers collected the drunk girl and retreated.

VN Store

Back