More SEC expansion talk ???

I think this would make pretty even divisions. Just considering the talent and rivalries each school has it is pretty difficult to make it perfect.

If anything though it divides the current/traditional 5 Star and bottom feeder schools. :hi:

I don't think we want to end the annual game with Vanderbilt.

I don't think we want to end the annual game with Vanderbilt.

True, but we can't keep UT, Vandy, and UK is the same division. Right now the 3 teams are too weak to hold a division of our own. Spreading them around keeps each division difficult... err adds at least 1 powder puff for everyone.

South Carolina adds a measure of difficulty that our division would need.

True, but we can't keep UT, Vandy, and UK is the same division. Right now the 3 teams are too weak to hold a division of our own. Spreading them around keeps each division difficult... err adds at least 1 powder puff for everyone.

South Carolina adds a measure of difficulty that our division would need.

The addition of Virginia Tech and a return to national relevance by Tennessee would keep VT/UT/UK/VU from being weak. I also think most people would prefer to include geography as much as possible when making these decisions, so that everyone retains at least a few short road trips. I'd rather not blow the whole thing up in favor of what would basically be randomized divisions. That's why I like our divisions more than Big 12 and ACC.

I still like this:

I would miss the annual games with UGA and USC, but it'd be nice to get a home-and-home with the entire league every six years, keep playing teams like Bama, Vandy, and UK every year, and draw the Gators four times every six years.

If they increase to a 9-game schedule, just make everyone I listed as a "preferred" opponent an additional permanent opponent, and then another team would become the "preferred" opponent. For example, with a 9-game schedule, we could play UF every year and someone else, either UGA or USC, four times every six years instead of just twice.

Conference semifinals wouldn't even be necessary. The "Divisions" would be the pairings of the 4-team pods. So, the other half of our Division would change every two years.

So if we took your layout a 6 year rotation of our SEC schedules would look like this correct? For 8 games.

2013-East
Virginia Tech
@Florida
NC St.
@Alabama
UGA
@USCe
@Vandy
Kentucky
2014-East
@Virginia Tech
Florida
@NC St.
Alabama
@UGA
USCe
Vandy
@Kentucky
2015-Central
Virginia Tech
@Florida
Ole Miss
@Alabama
@Miss St.
Auburn
@Vandy
Kentucky
2016-Central
@Virginia Tech
Florida
@Ole Miss
Alabama
Miss St
@Auburn
Vandy
@Kentucky
2017-West
Virginia Tech
@LSU
Texas A&M
@Alabama
Missouri
@Arkansas
@Vandy
Kentucky
2018-West
@Virginia Tech
LSU
@Texas A&M
Alabama
@Missouri
Arkansas
Vandy
@Kentucky

Sign me up that sh8t is bad ass!:rock:

Thanks, Eric. Yeah, that's how our opponents would rotate in and out. I really like the idea of only needing six years to complete a home-and-home with everybody.

VN Store

Back