'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

All because he is likely UGA bound lol...funny as soon as he started trending their way, he's the "new" #1.

well in On3’s newest rankings Raiola dropped to #11 and is now the 2nd best QB. Still think the kid is overrated. Definitely not on Nico’s level or the QB USC got last year

Meh, Carter whipped us on the interior and that pretty much was the ball game. Georgia had a lot go their way but that was the biggest issue. Pocket caved, Hendon had a trash pocket most of the game. Doesn’t matter how potent your offense is if you have pressure right in the face of your qb. Georgia was also good in the defensive backfield but we could’ve done something if our interior Oline hadn’t been manhandled.

This was my assessment. Just to add to it, the play of the game to me was the punt going out at the 1. That was such a massive field switch, that led to the controversial non-safety/safety, that led to amazing field position for them and a quick score. It's never one play -- but that play was huge and often overlooked.

This was my assessment. Just to add to it, the play of the game to me was the punt going out at the 1. That was such a massive field switch, that led to the controversial non-safety/safety, that led to amazing field position for them and a quick score. It's never one play -- but that play was huge and often overlooked.
It’s basically a stolen possession when you’re playing a defense like Georgia’s. We should’ve learned a lot of lessons in that game which we can use this year.

Reactions: VolByBirth
Meh, Carter whipped us on the interior and that pretty much was the ball game. Georgia had a lot go their way but that was the biggest issue. Pocket caved, Hendon had a trash pocket most of the game. Doesn’t matter how potent your offense is if you have pressure right in the face of your qb. Georgia was also good in the defensive backfield but we could’ve done something if our interior Oline hadn’t been manhandled.
AND on top of all of that, the absurd 70 yard punt that bounced to the 3 inch line

Reactions: VolByBirth
Agreed...hence why Ohio State was able to score on them pretty handily. Their OLine was able to stalemate them much of the game and their receivers won 1 on 1 battles, especially Marvin Harrison Jr. They couldn't do anything with him.

Reactions: lfvol
The weather conditions and the crowd muddied the game up to where it came down to us not being able to overcome them physically.

But those mutt fans insist that it was just Kirby's brilliant defensive schemes that out-witted our gimmicks

Even though they never explained what fancy things they were doing defensively that kept us from moving the ball lol
they held us to way below our standard in rushing. that is what gets our offense started. we aren't going to win many games getting 2.2 yards a rush on 42 attempts. And it was largely because their defensive line dominated our offensive line. its as simple as that.

I mean we got On3’s no 1 prospect for ‘23…
bUt evErYBoDy HatEs uS!!!
We have biggest victim mentality fanbase.
We also have the most narcissistic fanbase. Every recruit ranking change is somehow a slight against UT. I’m sure the boards will be full of outrage at SEC media days because every opposing coach’s comments will be about UT in some of these posters’ minds.

bUt evErYBoDy HatEs uS!!!
We have biggest victim mentality fanbase.
We also have the most narcissistic fanbase. Every recruit ranking change is somehow a slight against UT. I’m sure the boards will be full of outrage at SEC media days because every opposing coach’s comments will be about UT in some of these posters’ minds.
I don’t think it’s a specific conspiracy or anything but there is something to adjusting rankings. I would tend to say lower ranked recruits probably actually get bumped bc of a Tennessee commitment. There’s some and I mean some adjustment of elite prospects for certain schools as well just because of the success rate of those schools in the past at developing players.

😂 You don’t get out much do you?

You should hear sports radio out here right now. It sounds like it’s being broadcast from a wake when they discuss anything related to OU football. Everyone is wringing their hands over the current recruiting class and worried they will fall apart once they hit the SEC. It makes me so happy.
Their schedule this year is on par with Georgia’s, so if they don’t make it to 10 wins they will be entering the SEC with zero confidence.

Reactions: hooter vol
So are we out on this one now?
Once in a while it is helpful to kind of back off and notice how these things work themselves out. Even recently, UT has seemed to be in a strong place then fade. Often it goes back and forth with a recruit. Maybe the Vols are out. Maybe they're down the list right now. But that could change in a day for a million different reasons.

He likes UT obviously and is trying to work through the most difficult decision he's made to this point in his young life.

I hope (and expect) UT to continue to recruit the kid in the right way. If he signs elsewhere then there may be a day when he decides to use the portal and will remember who recruited him with class and integrity.

PS- Oklahoma City was the worst place I've ever been for a significant amount of time. I worked in OKC just a few miles north of Norman for 3 months in the spring a few years back. Everyone jokes about experiencing all 4 seasons in a day... it was literally a common occurrence there. It is always dusty. You could have 2" of rain in the morning and mud everywhere then dust so thick you could hardly believe by the end of the day. More important than that to me was that it just isn't a very friendly place. The restaurants weren't friendly. Hotel staff weren't particularly friendly. Real estate agents were even disinterested. Tulsa was better but OKC was miserable.

Of the places he's considering, UT is by far the best to "live".

So are we out on this one now?
I never count us out on anyone we’re in on till the ink is dry but doesn’t look good. OU I think has always been in the drivers seat on his recruitment; Georgia has surged as of late and I think may actually be the favorite by now. Really hope he ends up anywhere but Georgia

I thought I saw something earlier on Twitter that said we didn't make his top 3. I think it was an A to Z article. Too busy to try and find it at the moment.

Reactions: LoudOrange

VN Store

Back