MLB The Show 24 (PS5, XSX) 3/19/2024

Looks like we have a few more negro league guys making it into DD.

Josh Gibson is the big name everyone was expecting last year.

Besides that, kind of meh. The only reveal that got anyone talking was the woman they’re adding, and that was only for the controversy.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Cancelling my preorder until they actually show something new other than storylines as their headlining feature this year. I sink way too much money and time into DD yearly and just not gonna do the same ole again this year. Ill take that 100 bucks and throw it down on College Football when it becomes available.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Cancelling my preorder until they actually show something new other than storylines as their headlining feature this year. I sink way too much money and time into DD yearly and just not gonna do the same ole again this year. Ill take that 100 bucks and throw it down on College Football when it becomes available.
They put out a new gameplay trailer. 400 new animations, better fielding logic and they finally added in the bigger bases. Might not be enough for you, wouldn’t blame you if it wasn’t.

They put out a new gameplay trailer. 400 new animations, better fielding logic and they finally added in the bigger bases. Might not be enough for you, wouldn’t blame you if it wasn’t.
Depends on DD content tomorrow. If they keep sets and 99's right out of the gate I will probably be out. Need power creep.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
-12 week seasons w/ power creeps-4 wild card slots unlockable in XP reward path-3 TA drops per season-No 99s day 1 (other than collections)-BR now 10-0 instead of 12-0

Good.....................biggest complaint I had with 23 was the 99's right out of the gate and then rendering all future grind 97 cards useless. I like the changes

Reactions: Christian Lowe

Waste of resources for something nobody will play. Less than 1% of the show players are women. They should’ve made the graphics better for the first time since the PS4 came out rather than this.

So happy that women are in MLBTS. Was something I needed them to put in the game for years. Bravo on this "Feature Premier". First thing they should have done with this cluster is drop support for switch and last gen consoles.

So happy that women are in MLBTS. Was something I needed them to put in the game for years. Bravo on this "Feature Premier". First thing they should have done with this cluster is drop support for switch and last gen consoles.
Why? Above post are obviously my feelings on it so I’m just interested why you’ve been wanting that as a feature. I guess it’s cool if you have everything else working but RTTS and franchise haven’t changed in years. There’s many many things I’d want them to do before adding this mode for the 25 people who wanted it.

It’s like 2K having a women’s mypark and having to incentivize men to play it with an easier grind because there’s nowhere near enough women to keep the servers functioning.

I’m not attacking you, or the mode, by the way. It really is just that there’s so many better things those resources could’ve gone to.

Why? Above post are obviously my feelings on it so I’m just interested why you’ve been wanting that as a feature. I guess it’s cool if you have everything else working but RTTS and franchise haven’t changed in years. There’s many many things I’d want them to do before adding this mode for the 25 people who wanted it.

It’s like 2K having a women’s mypark and having to incentivize men to play it with an easier grind because there’s nowhere near enough women to keep the servers functioning.

I’m not attacking you, or the mode, by the way. It really is just that there’s so many better things those resources could’ve gone to.
Thought I was being obvious with my sarcasm

I'm annoyed by the addition of female in the game...make a NCAA softball game
.I'd play that.... but the female isnt even pro..she's semi pro and absolutely terrible...10plus era and hitting under .100...wtf are we celebrating????

.I'd play that.... but the female isnt even pro..she's semi pro and absolutely terrible...10plus era and hitting under .100...wtf are we celebrating????
Minorities. Mediocrity doesn’t matter

Understandable...NCAA football is my jam..I play college hoops 2k8 still...and pray someone brings it back too
I posted in NCAA Football thread that the word on the street is NCAA basketball games are never coming back. Too many teams, and with NIL it wouldn’t be profitable. Never had that many sales.

As someone who enjoys The Show but sucks ass at hitting.....maybe the hitting will be so much easier it will appeal to people like me.....that being said I don't intend on playing the mode.

As someone who enjoys The Show but sucks ass at hitting.....maybe the hitting will be so much easier it will appeal to people like me.....that being said I don't intend on playing the mode.
Switch to gaming on a monitor and you’ll instantly be able to hit like a pro

I am on a monitor and wired Internet.
Oh… have you considered reaction time training of some sort. Like someone saying “think fast” and throwing something at you until you get better fast twitch speed?

lol I’m kidding, but it really is all about how quickly you can react. Especially online. Once it goes over 100mph it’s all guessing too. Most guys who throw that fast try to put it high and inside where it’s the hardest to turn on. So keep the reticle there for those guys and if you see the pitch coming that way, don’t even think. Just swing.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Oh… have you considered reaction time training of some sort. Like someone saying “think fast” and throwing something at you until you get better fast twitch speed?

lol I’m kidding, but it really is all about how quickly you can react. Especially online. Once it goes over 100mph it’s all guessing too. Most guys who throw that fast try to put it high and inside where it’s the hardest to turn on. So keep the reticle there for those guys and if you see the pitch coming that way, don’t even think. Just swing.
Thanks for the tip. I'll take all I can get. It does seem like though at least in 23 it's either HR or nothing. I would love to see a change in that in this game.

VN Store

Back