MLB The Show 23 (PS5/XSX)

Ready for another DD season. Hope they do some tweaks to the hitting engine. The team captain thing is intriguing and looking forward to what that's all about. I hope they take out CAPs, I detest those.

Ready for another DD season. Hope they do some tweaks to the hitting engine. The team captain thing is intriguing and looking forward to what that's all about. I hope they take out CAPs, I detest those.
Same. Attaching RTTS to DD is the worst move they’ve made in the next gen era. I enjoyed both, but combining them has objectively made both worse.

I'm excited, haven't played much lately but need to start playing a bit to get back in the groove. I'll never be better than mediocre but find it's the best online 1v1 sports game by a long shot.

Good different or bad different?
Sorry, just seeing this. The hitting is much better IMO, less WTF bloops and more "I understand because of the PCI and velo". The fielding meter is no longer the same, you can pull up to throw and the sweet spot for the meter can be all to way to the right. Makes it much more organic. Have no idea if the game will suck, but depends on if they put anything into franchise and if they mix up DD......which seems like they have with DD and the Captain thing they have this year.

Reactions: Freak
Sorry, just seeing this. The hitting is much better IMO, less WTF bloops and more "I understand because of the PCI and velo". The fielding meter is no longer the same, you can pull up to throw and the sweet spot for the meter can be all to way to the right. Makes it much more organic. Have no idea if the game will suck, but depends on if they put anything into franchise and if they mix up DD......which seems like they have with DD and the Captain thing they have this year.
I am biased tho Freak, this is one of the only games I play all throughout the year and play the **** out of.

Reactions: 005 and Freak
Ready for another DD season. Hope they do some tweaks to the hitting engine. The team captain thing is intriguing and looking forward to what that's all about.

3 new legends we know of - and my thoughts:

Ian Kinsler - Bring it on! Exact type of player who sometimes becomes a favorite in a lineup. Balanced, gonna be able to run, gonna have high contact (which I value). If he gets a 99, it reminds me of a reward path Biggio from... 21, maybe? Who everyone lightly groaned about and then had in their lineup every flipping game.

Mike Lowell - He'll have slick fielding and I'd bet he has a sweet swing. Eventual WS mvp type card??

Greg Vaughn - I was guessing Fisk for this one, because I thought they'd have a series of former named Captains and Fisk is one. Vaughn is underwhelming in comparison, BUT all it takes is clicking with him and he'll have a card that mashes - especially with the DH spot. Doesn't take much to go from surprised by the choice to loving a new card.

I realize irs authentic but not having the pitchers spot in the lineup will kinda suck. It added a level in RS that many people couldn't really manage.

I think these DD changes are fantastic, frankly. I have some minor concerns but I'm also mostly an offline DD player.

Thoughts?

I think these DD changes are fantastic, frankly. I have some minor concerns but I'm also mostly an offline DD player.

Thoughts?
Cliffs notes version?

And also is the early access only for the premium editions? I wouldn't mind a few days early but not for the price difference

1. Biggest change is the switch to "Sets & Seasons."

Each card will be part of a Set... Set 1, Set 2, Set 3, and so on... Plus Core cards. Core cards (live series and others) are eligible for use all year long.

Seasons run ~6-8 weeks.

Season 1: Core, Set 1 eligible
Season 2: Core, Set 1, Set 2 eligible
Season 3: Core, Set 2, Set 3 eligible. Set 1 out.

So, (eventually) cards of a certain set are no longer eligible for ranked, conquest, etc. You can designate a "Wild Card" that allows you to use 1 card from a past set in future seasons.

2. Some information about Captain's Cards. 1 hitter captain, 1 pitcher captain, and they provide boosts based on building your roster a certain way.
For example, a Captain Miggy Cabrera card (92OVR) can significantly boost other Tigers on the roster if you build your team that way.

Seems fun as hell, different, and allows (forces) you to be strategic with your build. I want rosters, including my own, to look different and stay fun.

3. Team Affinity is returning. Bet it'll be a Set 1 Captain's Card for each team to start, then build from there. Brief tease at the end.

To your question: Yeah, digital deluxe or captain's edition get you the early access (and other small packs perks).

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Wish they would let us choose the season length in franchise it’s the only change I want
Franchise is coming and I am assuming they have significant changes to the mode. Either that or SDS is trolling hard. I would get into franchise again if they brought back a really good working online franchise or league.

Carlos Pena in as a new legend. Seems like he (and Peavy) will have cards with Rays (and Padres) Captain capabilities.

Jake Peavy in, as well. He will bring some nasty and probably have 5 different pitches. He should be quite fun to use.

Another legend reveal today.....

It also looks like they are bolstering the WBC content and I'm here for it. Team uniform packs, wbc player cards-some of whom aren't even current MLBers.

It also looks like there will be cards of past WBC standouts from different teams/countries. That could be very cool.

Carlos Pena in as a new legend. Seems like he (and Peavy) will have cards with Rays (and Padres) Captain capabilities.

Jake Peavy in, as well. He will bring some nasty and probably have 5 different pitches. He should be quite fun to use.

Another legend reveal today.....

It also looks like they are bolstering the WBC content and I'm here for it. Team uniform packs, wbc player cards-some of whom aren't even current MLBers.

It also looks like there will be cards of past WBC standouts from different teams/countries. That could be very cool.
I wish they’d add a tournament mode for those of us who don’t really fool with these card games.

Same with FIFA. Pisses me off to no end that they canceled the World Cup games and made them ultimate team content.

Reactions: Pennheel
Happy it's on Gamepass day 1. Seems like they may have actually given a slight bit of attention to franchise mode. Played DD from like 16-20 but I'm old now and just not good enough to enjoy it anymore.

Evidently its true, Sosa and Mac are in the game. Wonder if they have any other surprises, but they HAVE to have Conseco in there eventually.

Ok, I'm a geriatric so someone explain...if I have game pass I can pre-order for $50 and play early vs getting one of the premium editions?

VN Store

Back