MLB Playoff Thread

@Buster_ESPN: Dan Murphy has played seven seasons in the big leagues, and in three of those, he hit six or less. He's got six HRs last 12 days.

Ridiculous

if this series goes back to NY, the fans are going to boo the Ivy louder than they booed Chase Utley

I don't think we sweep, but I think we end it in Game 5 in NY. I wouldn't be shocked if it goes Royals in game 1, then Mets Mets Mets Mets to end it.

@ESPNStatsInfo: The Mets have 5 days off between the NLCS and the World Series. 5 of the last 6 teams with 5 or more days off went on to lose the WS.

@ESPNStatsInfo: The Mets have 5 days off between the NLCS and the World Series. 5 of the last 6 teams with 5 or more days off went on to lose the WS.

Harvey, deGrom, and Syndergaard have a combined 2.54 ERA on 6+ days of rest (17 total starts). I think because of all the shuffling they had to do during the season to get these guys a little extra rest, that they have become a little more used to having to wait out a little longer than normal. I don't foresee the time off hurting the Mets as much as it would hurt other teams that didn't have to use a 6-man rotation and force the guys to skip a start here or there.

The player to obviously be most negatively affected will be Daniel Murphy. But at the same time, Cespedes could flip his switch and start going yard with regularity.

The best career postseason ERA from a Royals starter is Ventura's 3.98. All of their pitchers have pitched in the postseason before this year. All of them have struggled.

The Mets pitchers are all new to the postseason this year. deGrom has a 1.80, Syndergaard is at 2.77, and Harvey's at 2.84. Matz is the only "rough" spot with a 3.72 ERA.

The Mets were 2nd in the majors in walks allowed, more than 100 fewer than KC has allowed. If we can limit their baserunners and basically make them struggle in their pursuit to manufacture like they do, it'll be Mets all day and twice on Sundays.

@ESPNStatsInfo: The 2015 World Series starts on October 27th:

- 30th anniversary of the last Royals WS title

- 29th anniversary of the last Mets WS title

@ESPNStatsInfo: The 2015 World Series starts on October 27th:

- 30th anniversary of the last Royals WS title

- 29th anniversary of the last Mets WS title

I was born 28 days after the Mets won the '86 title. Next week they prove I'm not a jinx.

I was born 28 days after the Mets won the '86 title. Next week they prove I'm not a jinx.

I was 22 and that was the most exciting team to watch. That National League Series between the Mets and Houston was epic, and the World Series over the Red Sox as well. I would say that was the best team I ever saw play. I will be pulling for the Mets.

I was 22 and that was the most exciting team to watch. That National League Series between the Mets and Houston was epic, and the World Series over the Red Sox as well. I would say that was the best team I ever saw play. I will be pulling for the Mets.

That's certainly high praise. I appreciate the support!

speaking of the '86 Mets

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymixm6PtVBA[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back