MLB Game Thread

Energizer Astros keep going and going. 7 in a row.

Won with a walk off single in the 10th.

Astros up 9-3 and coming up to bat in the bottom of the 5th. They're really surprising me so far this season. Hope they can hold on to win another one. Would be their 9th win in a row. Would be their 5th straight series won. It's a 4 game series so if they win tonight and beat the Mariners again tomorrow it will be their 3rd straight sweep.

Astros 10 game winning streak comes to an end against the instate rival Rangers who also happen to be one one of the worst teams in the league at the moment. Winning the next two to take the series would be nice. Given how both teams have been playing, Astros don't need to be dropping series to teams like the Rangers.

Bryce Harper became the youngest player in the last 45 years to hit three home runs in a game.

Reactions: 1 person
Astros flat out getting embarrassed. Down 7-0 and the Rangers have the bases loaded with 1 out in the top of the 5th.

I didn't expect the Astros to have the run they did at any point this season but after that run, I never would have expected to get blown out night after night in a three game series against one of the worst teams in the league at the moment. Could at least stolen a game or made it competitive.

Eddie Rosario (MIN) hit 1st career HR on the 1st pitch he saw as a major leaguer. Last player to do so was Pirates' Starling Marte, 2012

Joc Pederson is the first Dodgers rookie with 6-HR in a 7-game span since the team moved to Los Angeles in 1958

If I read correctly late last night (tns), his last 7 hits are HRs

Astros down 1-0 in the top of the 8th. Astros batting with 1 out and a guy on 2nd.

Anyways.... this was hilarious. It's a video of the Astros CF catching a ball for the 2nd out and Pujols thought it was the 3rd out so he walked off 1st base. I think the Astros player running towards him after catching it made him think it was the 3rd out and he was going to the dugout. Funny.

Albert Pujols loses track of outs, gives up wildly casual double play | For The Win

Astros just tied it up 2-2 in the top of the 9th and only have 1 out with the bases loaded. They went into the 9th down 2-0.

With two more HRs Friday night, Harper became the youngest player (at 22 years, 204 days) to hit 5 HRs in a 2-game span. Mark McGwire was the previous youngest, accomplishing the feat at 23 years, 270 days in 1987. (via Elias)

With two more HRs Friday night, Harper became the youngest player (at 22 years, 204 days) to hit 5 HRs in a 2-game span. Mark McGwire was the previous youngest, accomplishing the feat at 23 years, 270 days in 1987. (via Elias)

Hope he keeps it up today. 🔥🔥🔥

Only Frank Robinson has more walk-off HRs than Harper before turning 23.

Strikeout pace through 5 innings:

Roger Clemens (20-K game, 1986): 12
Clemens (20-K game, 1996): 12
Michael Pineda (today): 12

16 K, 0 BB in a game since 2000: Johan, Randy Johnson, Mark Prior, Michael Pineda

Rangers finally going to lose again today. I assume anyways, they're down 12-1 in the 6th inning to the Indians. Would be a heck of a come back if they were to but I'm chalking it up as a loss. They've won 7 in a row and swept the Astros. Their run got them back to .500(23-23). Speaking of the Astros, if they win today and the Cardinals lose their game, Astros will be in 1st place of the entire league 48 games into the season. It's not how you start though, it's how you finish. This is going to be a lonnng season trying to maintain the division lead.

Pitchers duel here in Tampa today. Rays and Mariners scoreless through 4 1/2.

Felix Hernandez vs Chris Archer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
Are you a fan of the Rays?

Somewhat. Only because I vacation down here in the Tampa area and get to see them play. I guess you could say they're my favorite AL team, for that reason.

VN Store

Back