MLB Draft in SEC teams....

Really is, we really did...best of luck to him though, we'll be alright.

Another scholarship to fill. A college education is worth more than the money you earn in 3-4 years in the minors.

Update: Vols lose Kevin Steen. South Carolina keeps both of their draftees. No suprise though

Another scholarship to fill. A college education is worth more than the money you earn in 3-4 years in the minors.

uh no. If you're a top 10 round pick, you go no questions.

And if you have a good agent, you get your school paid for in your contract.

uh no. If you're a top 10 round pick, you go no questions.

And if you have a good agent, you get your school paid for in your contract.

It's all about choosing to go or not. A college education is worth the upwards of three million. A minor leaguer is worth 500 k if he lands on the 40 man. Chances are he won't make it to the 500k. Take the education and possibly increase your round value in three years.

I agree. IMO the offer better be above 1 M or else you go to school. KIds just don't need to go off by themselves at 17 too most just are not mature enough

I agree. IMO the offer better be above 1 M or else you go to school. KIds just don't need to go off by themselves at 17 too most just are not mature enough

It's easy to make a statement like that when the choice is in a vacuum. Most of the time there will be mitigating factors as there was with Steen.

It's easy to make a statement like that when the choice is in a vacuum. Most of the time there will be mitigating factors as there was with Steen.

As in home situation? Then that is different. But a college education is very valuable too. And can't be taken away. You fail at pro ball, you just have a high school education and have to go to college and make up the 4 years.

As in home situation? Then that is different. But a college education is very valuable too. And can't be taken away. You fail at pro ball, you just have a high school education and have to go to college and make up the 4 years.

That could be a factor for some. With Steen, according to the interview with CDS I posted yesterday, he was going to have a hard time getting into school. CDS kept that private (until now) as to not hurt his draft value.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG · Jul 16

Had a few people ask about @VandyBaseball LHP Jared Miller, @Dbacks 11th-rdr Jared Miller. Am told barring surprise, he’s signing #mlbdraft

that would make a absolutely huge blow to Vandy. They have lost 4 pitchers they had coming in. Man tough tough year. But i dont mind

The signing deadline has passed, i will update as Final signings come available. As all as I know, We held onto Kane, Santiago, and Warren (no surprise though). Honestly, still wish we held onto Thomas, but we came away pretty unharmed.

Okay everyone is up to date so far. If anything leaks out, I will update it. This looks to be the final list of signees who signed/ not sign.

Reactions: 2 people
Okay everyone is up to date so far. If anything leaks out, I will update it. This looks to be the final list of signees who signed/ not sign.

Thanks for keeping up with all of this, really appreciate it!

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG · 8h

So, @UCLABaseball gets LHP Brady Aiken, top overall pick, AND RHP Jacob Nix, a 5th-rdr, reports @jimcallisMLB. John Savage does cartwheels

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG · 8h

Unreal. @jimcallisMLB: Baseball source: @Astros did not sign Aiken or Nix either. Houston gets No. 2 overall pick next year. @MLBDraft

Holy Cow! :no:

VN Store

Back