Missouri State Law?

That doesn't pass the sniff test. If that's how the law reads it could easily be overturned.

I’m assuming they put it in place to help Missouri recruiting but that’s how it works. They have been talking about it on the recruiting sites regarding Wingo and the the other kid.

The Texas QB Ewers graduated early and signed with Ohio St. because Texas had a law that high school kids can’t sign NIL then he transferred to Texas. They may have changed that now not sure.

I’m assuming they put it in place to help Missouri recruiting but that’s how it works. They have been talking about it on the recruiting sites regarding Wingo and the the other kid.

The Texas QB Ewers graduated early and signed with Ohio St. because Texas had a law that high school kids can’t sign NIL then he transferred to Texas. They may have changed that now not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2364.jpeg
    IMG_2364.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: ButchPlz
Missouri has a state law that while in high school you can only sign an NIL deal and get paid from In state schools. Basically they can only get paid from Missouri. If they commit to out of state schools they can’t be paid until they graduate.

Someone needs to educate Missouri on the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution.

I'm beginning to hate Missouri as much as Grandma Sarah

Last edited:

the Missouri State High School Activities Association did not allow high school student-athletes to engage in NIL activities without losing eligibility, now it allows NIL. This is the major change for Missouri.

That their coaches can attend NIL events and fund raise isn't any different than Tennessee 's.

All the other nonsense that conference and NCAA can't interfere or investigate is Legislative bologna.

Reactions: jeff1vol
the Missouri State High School Activities Association did not allow high school student-athletes to engage in NIL activities without losing eligibility, now it allows NIL. This is the major change for Missouri.

That their coaches can attend NIL events and fund raise isn't any different than Tennessee 's.

All the other nonsense that conference and NCAA can't interfere or investigate is Legislative bologna.

Only if they sign with an in state school, basically university of Missouri. I don’t know of any big colleges in Missouri that would be handing out NIL deals to high school kids that sign
IMG_2364.jpeg

Last edited:
Only if they sign with an in state school, basically university of Missouri. I don’t know at any big colleges in Missouri that would be handing out NIL deals to high school kids that sign

To repeat myself that DOES NOT pass the sniff test, it is unconstitutional to tell a S-A- you can ONLY earn $$$$ under NIL if you sign/commit to an instate school. When it's challenged and it will be challenged, that section will be overturned.

I meant they can only get paid if they commit to Missouri. They can’t sign an NIL deal if they commit to an out of state school
How will they stop it? Take the money, commit, decommit your senior year..

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Buh, bye

I don't blame the kids for taking what's offered, but this is getting out of hand.

Who get the other 25%?
The 2 schools competing in the contest each get 25% of the gate. The fat cats keep the rest. For the ENTIRE playoffs. They are not providing the facility, paying for the electricity that the lights are burning, mowing the grass, cleaning up after the contest is complete, setting up the field, or providing equipment used...

Reactions: VOLfrombama
We moved summer between my kids freshman and sophomore years .. the transfer got held up from the school he was leaving .. they also called the tssaa and stated they felt the move was fraudulent and just an address change for the tranfser so the tssaa showed up at my new house asked if kid was there and wanted to see his bedroom for proof he lived there

Only if they sign with an in state school, basically university of Missouri. I don’t know of any big colleges in Missouri that would be handing out NIL deals to high school kids that sign
View attachment 569762
That quote says they can't start making NIL money until they have signed a national letter of intent. If Wingo and Nwaneri are early enrollees, then you are only talking about a couple of weeks difference.
Can't sign letter of intent until December.

I believe he will be able to get paid while still in high-school, before signing anything.
That is no matter who he signs with which is true for any athlete in any state. But I guarantee you no COLLECTIVE will be paying any kid until they actually show up on campus more than once. Imagine the collective paying some kid for months before signing day then the kid flips on signing day.

Nwaneri is about to. . .
You called it. Good pick up for Drink. I hated to see him get to Mizzou and do terrible but it seems to have humbled him a bit. That said, I would much rather this guy go to Mizzou than OK.

I believe he will be able to get paid while still in high-school, before signing anything.

Missouri law states payment if a kid who lives in Missouri signs his letter of intent with an in state school. He can receive payments as soon as he signs.

So if a kid signs in December and doesn't enroll until June, he can get paid starting in December.

Missouri has a state law that while in high school you can only sign an NIL deal and get paid from In state schools. Basically they can only get paid from Missouri. If they commit to out of state schools they can’t be paid until they graduate.

Missouri can't pay them but you or I or a business/ collective could for using their name. Any in state school qualifies not just Missouri

Missouri law states payment if a kid who lives in Missouri signs his letter of intent with an in state school. He can receive payments as soon as he signs.

So if a kid signs in December and doesn't enroll until June, he can get paid starting in December.
He can start receiving payments in September if he sings a financial aid agreement with the school.

First, I am Steven.

Second, the delayed response to transfer eligibility to players is ridiculous. ( I have personally seen eligible players have to sit because the T$$AA sat on their hand and did not clear a player because they are inept). This cost a kid 3 games of his senior season.

Third, if you take a look at the fat salaries these clowns are drawing for what they do, it is hideous.

Fourth, there is zero reason we should not have a bottom 32 and a top 32. We have a top 32 in this state but not one for the bottom. This, is also ridiculous. TN is a very diverse state and we should equitable opportunities for the bottom of the enrollments like we the top of the enrollments.

Fifth, take a look at the FAT salaries these clowns are making. There should only be 1 person at the very top of the organization making this kind of money.

In closing, these folks take HALF of the gate money for all playoff games. HALF! WHAT A JOKE!!! They should make their money at the state championship games! If, a football team makes the playoffs and has a run they are only getting 25% of the gate from the start to the finish. This is a problem. These are some of the things that come to mind when you ask why. Inquiring minds should understand what these folks are doing.

T$$AA should be overhauled and replaced with a better option.

Steve is not a fan of the T$$AA

The 2 schools competing in the contest each get 25% of the gate. The fat cats keep the rest. For the ENTIRE playoffs. They are not providing the facility, paying for the electricity that the lights are burning, mowing the grass, cleaning up after the contest is complete, setting up the field, or providing equipment used...
That’s why I was wondering why the two teams split the gate. Seems odd if the hosting team didn’t get more for all those specific reasons.

He can start receiving payments in September if he sings a financial aid agreement with the school.

that would be risky. FAA doesn't bind the kid to the school. He could get benefits and then sign elsewhere in Dec or Feb.

Seems like TN needs to adopt the same state law. It's allowing them to pay players while they're still in high-school and now they're grabbing 5 stars all of a sudden
I don't think that's a game worth playing, jmo. Opens you up to getting used and abused like these Mizzou goobers are about to find out

All this NIL stuff gonna get the brakes clamped down hard the first time a big name recruit signs an NIL agreement to a certain school, commits to said school, then enrolls in a different school after getting NIL money AND the NIL business/collective sues to get all.or some of that cash back.

Will make a lot of recruits double think.signing those big contracts.

VN Store

Back