Missouri State Law?

wrharvey21

Seems like TN needs to adopt the same state law. It's allowing them to pay players while they're still in high-school and now they're grabbing 5 stars all of a sudden

If you're saying high school athletes should be able to benefit from NIL, it's already happening on a pretty large scale. I live in SE Tennessee and know of a number of businesses here locally who've signed NIL deals with high school players, both boys and girls.

The T$$AA should be abolished and we should restart. There is zero reason these clowns should be drawing the salaries they are to make rules, hand out trophies, and be a governing body. The T$$AA is a complete joke! I could go on till my fingers bleed with the abuses of this pitiful organization.

TSSAA does allow NIL. They have fairly simple rules that are a pain to enforce. As a HS coach, it is a lot to deal with because many companies do not know the rules.

Reactions: SpookyAction
The T$$AA should be abolished and we should restart. There is zero reason these clowns should be drawing the salaries they are to make rules, hand out trophies, and be a governing body. The T$$AA is a complete joke! I could go on till my fingers bleed with the abuses of this pitiful organization.
Wow Steve what did they do to piss you off so bad ? Inquiring minds want to know .

Wow Steve what did they do to piss you off so bad ? Inquiring minds want to know .
First, I am Steven.

Second, the delayed response to transfer eligibility to players is ridiculous. ( I have personally seen eligible players have to sit because the T$$AA sat on their hand and did not clear a player because they are inept). This cost a kid 3 games of his senior season.

Third, if you take a look at the fat salaries these clowns are drawing for what they do, it is hideous.

Fourth, there is zero reason we should not have a bottom 32 and a top 32. We have a top 32 in this state but not one for the bottom. This, is also ridiculous. TN is a very diverse state and we should equitable opportunities for the bottom of the enrollments like we the top of the enrollments.

Fifth, take a look at the FAT salaries these clowns are making. There should only be 1 person at the very top of the organization making this kind of money.

In closing, these folks take HALF of the gate money for all playoff games. HALF! WHAT A JOKE!!! They should make their money at the state championship games! If, a football team makes the playoffs and has a run they are only getting 25% of the gate from the start to the finish. This is a problem. These are some of the things that come to mind when you ask why. Inquiring minds should understand what these folks are doing.

T$$AA should be overhauled and replaced with a better option.

Missouri has a state law that while in high school you can only sign an NIL deal and get paid from In state schools. Basically they can only get paid from Missouri. If they commit to out of state schools they can’t be paid until they graduate.

First, I am Steven.

Second, the delayed response to transfer eligibility to players is ridiculous. ( I have personally seen eligible players have to sit because the T$$AA sat on their hand and did not clear a player because they are inept). This cost a kid 3 games of his senior season.

Third, if you take a look at the fat salaries these clowns are drawing for what they do, it is hideous.

Fourth, there is zero reason we should not have a bottom 32 and a top 32. We have a top 32 in this state but not one for the bottom. This, is also ridiculous. TN is a very diverse state and we should equitable opportunities for the bottom of the enrollments like we the top of the enrollments.

Fifth, take a look at the FAT salaries these clowns are making. There should only be 1 person at the very top of the organization making this kind of money.

In closing, these folks take HALF of the gate money for all playoff games. HALF! WHAT A JOKE!!! They should make their money at the state championship games! If, a football team makes the playoffs and has a run they are only getting 25% of the gate from the start to the finish. This is a problem. These are some of the things that come to mind when you ask why. Inquiring minds should understand what these folks are doing.

Who get the other 25%?

Missouri has a state law that while in high school you can only sign an NIL deal and get paid from In state schools. Basically they can only get paid from Missouri. If they commit to out of state schools they can’t be paid until they graduate.

I don't think the University can pay them at any time. There supposed to be no colluding in the NIL.

Reactions: WillisWG
I don't think the University can pay them at any time. There supposed to be no colluding in the NIL.

I meant they can only get paid if they commit to Missouri. They can’t sign an NIL deal if they commit to an out of state school

I meant they can only get paid if they commit to Missouri. They can’t sign an NIL deal if they commit to an out of state school

That doesn't pass the sniff test. If that's how the law reads it could easily be overturned.

First, I am Steven.

They also screw over wrestling families all the time. Used to have 2 tournaments to qualify for state, now it is 3 tournaments. They said this is to save families on drive time, but then make state tournament 3 days when its only a 16 man bracket that could be done in a day, 2 if you want to be easy on the kids.

They do it to milk the money out of the parents and families of the programs. There is a lot more but that is a recent change.

VN Store

Back