Misconceptions about the NCAA Tournament

Florida IMO is a better win than Creighton which was their best win. Outside that they split with UNLV, went 0-2 vs UNM and went 1-2 to SDSU. they also split with CSU.

I am looking at it from a common sense point of view and what their resume' compared to ours says is that the committee thought the MWC was leaps and bounds better than the SEC to justify them over us.

Creighton win was at Creighton.

Try living in Murfreesboro with the most delusional fan base in all of college athletics.

BTW...... they stand until the opposing team scores. STUPID

I am a huge UT fan. UT First, MTSU second. My grandfather and sister both graduated from MTSU, my granddad playing Football and Baseball there. I understand being frustrated by being left out, but why so much hate on MTSU? How are they most delusional? They had a heck of a year, beating Vanderbilt and Ole Miss (Something we couldn't do with TWO chances) Of course they lose a couple games, but were 28-5 and a 19-1 conference record. They could beat Tennessee, I know that for a fact. We should have put all doubt out of the way and won the conference tournament. I'd rather Tennessee be in than MTSU, but we aren't. They are. Simple as that.

Reactions: 1 person
I am a huge UT fan. UT First, MTSU second. My grandfather and sister both graduated from MTSU, my granddad playing Football and Baseball there. I understand being frustrated by being left out, but why so much hate on MTSU? How are they most delusional? They had a heck of a year, beating Vanderbilt and Ole Miss (Something we couldn't do with TWO chances) Of course they lose a couple games, but were 28-5 and a 19-1 conference record. They could beat Tennessee, I know that for a fact. We should have put all doubt out of the way and won the conference tournament. I'd rather Tennessee be in than MTSU, but we aren't. They are. Simple as that.
Would depend on which TN they played. Jekyll or Hyde.
Sagarin says TN wins.

Same for MTSU who couldn't even make it to their conference tournament final after being ousted by 150+ RPI FIU.

Don't think there is any "hate" for MTSU. I would love to be in with them. But, simply, the Committee likes to say one thing and do another. How many times has it been said that power conference teams need to schedule good OOC games? Then, when that happens, they don't choose that school.

I understand that schools can't choose their conference opponents, but while I agree that MTSU is good, they won 1 game in the Top 100. Vandy was not as good as they hoped, and they got killed by UF.

The Chairman also said that Ole Miss was in regardless of the SECCG outcome. Ole Miss played a horrible OOC schedule and also played Auburn and Miss. State twice. Just no consistency. All I ask for is consistency.

I grew up in this town. I attended MTSU, as did my father. Every time they win a game in any sport, we have to hear about "best team in the state". Delusional. Fact is, they played a watered down schedule (border line HSish). I hope they get destroyed by St. Mary's.

I hate them.

I actually think it is good that all these non power conf schools are getting in more frequently. The final 4 with VCU and Butler was one of my favorites over the last several years. I also like the fact that IF we have to hire a new coach after next year, there will be a plethora of mid-major guys with tournament experience to choose from.

Last edited:
Butler...but I agree with you. That final four at least had story lines.

I grew up in this town. I attended MTSU, as did my father. Every time they win a game in any sport, we have to hear about "best team in the state". Delusional. Fact is, they played a watered down schedule (border line HSish). I hope they get destroyed by St. Mary's.

I hate them.

You need to get a life.

VN Store

Back