Miles Garrett

Getting picked by the Browns is the kiss of death for a career.

My problem with Cleveland has little to do with a perceived curse on the franchise, but on who they hired as DC. Gregg Williams and his bounty crap at New Orleans caused Peyton's neck injury. IMO, the prick should be banned for life. But maybe that is just me.

Barnett being picked so much later is still a slight. But I hope none of our guys have to go to Cleveland.

I think he has elite talent, but when he said he "...had no interest in the all-time NFL sack record because he didn't envision himself playing that long", I would have given serious thought to passing on him. If you've ever heard him interviewed, he has a real Arian Foster vibe about him. He's got way too many interests outside of football for my taste. Not necessarily bad things in and of themselves, but enough to make me question his passion for the game for a #1 overall pick.

It's sort of clever on his part. Go in and make a bunch of money for a few seasons and get out before his body begins to fall apart

Barnett has character that will push him beyond his expected ceiling. The Al wilson effect. I don't expect him to stay in Philly long. I do expect to see him in the HOF.
I See big plays when it counts.

It's been said here before but in three years people will still be talking about Barnett and saying Miles who? :huh::huh:

It's sort of clever on his part. Go in and make a bunch of money for a few seasons and get out before his body begins to fall apart

Yeah, but saying it publicly two weeks before the draft isn't smart. Obviously didn't affect him, but it would have given me reason to consider passing on him if I were a GM.

That just seems like one of those things that you think to yourself and not say to the media.

Last edited:

That sounds like the attitude of the type of player who sits out final games of his last season i.e. quits on his team so as not to hurt his draft projections, just saying.. :whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Miles Garrett, the NFL's #1 draft pick that never saw a running play in the SEC he could stop which will be magnified in the NFL.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm more excited about Peppers, who will stop the run in Williams scheme, all Garrett has to do is get the QB in that scenario. I really think the Browns had no choice. At number 1 you have to pick what ESPN tells you to pick. It's the price you pay for 1.

Barnett has character that will push him beyond his expected ceiling. The Al wilson effect. I don't expect him to stay in Philly long. I do expect to see him in the HOF.
I See big plays when it counts.

Curious, why do you not see him stay in Philly long?

Curious, why do you not see him stay in Philly long?

Barnett is going to get a lot of love in Philly and he is going to fit very well there. If they don't win games he may find himself becoming an asset to be traded, but I don't think you need to worry about that now though.

Barnett is going to get a lot of love in Philly and he is going to fit very well there. If they don't win games he may find himself becoming an asset to be traded, but I don't think you need to worry about that now though.

I'm not worried

Well he has the pick and the money but are the concerns about his drive real. Well it is Cleveland, Oh well.

Miles Garrett is a beast and will be a NFL star. Same for Barnett. This Barnett vs. Garrett talk is retarded.

If Garrett was a Vol and Barnett and Aggie all you making a big deal about how Barnett is better than Garrett would be saying Garrett is better, he was injured, he's more athletic, more upside, etc.... etc... just like what the pro's are saying.

It's always been easy for Garrett, so I see him getting smacked a few times, start to second guess himself, and then fade away in a few years. Maybe I'll be wrong, but potential and the drive to turn potential into great player often doesn't materialize. The drive/heart should be more sought after in players during the draft.

these cats up here dont realize who they just drafted yet, man. When DB puts Dak's face in the dirt on a critical point of the game, theyre gonna love this dude.

Our fanbase would have been the same way if he just drafted Jesus.

Our fanbase would have been the same way if he just drafted Jesus.

he was the best DE left and the eagles desperately need ends who can rush the passer. a linebacker aint gonna help with that, considering the defense they run. so i dont get why so many wanted Foster. i think everybody heard about his dad trying to shoot em and figured he'd fit in, in philly

Heard on the radio he's out (not sure how long) with an ankle injury..

Edit: Cabot reports that Garrett is headed for further tests on the ankle, which will likely include an MRI, and a team source told her that the team is “worried the injury could sideline him for weeks.”

Last edited:
Yeah, I asked the Browns guys how many sacks they thought Barnett would get this week, but they didn't answer for some reason? 🤔

Being reported a high ankle sprain. 4-6 weeks minimum. This is exactly what I said would happen. He cannot do those moves in the NFL. This guy has been injured twice with ankle injuries since drafted. Once in mini camp.

Future HOFer talk can go in the garbage. Dude will be lucky to still be in the league in 5 years. An OL looks at him wrong and he snaps an ankle.

VN Store

Back