Middle Tennessee > East Tennessee > West Tennessee

Hey now...

But seriously, be honest, people are considering Middle to be Nashville and vicinity. Take Nashville out and its....sparse.

Me, personally, I'll take the combo of Chatt./Knoxville/Tri Cites plus the Mountains. Upper East Tennessee is crazy underrated.

Davidson county(which is Nashville) is about 600,000.

The surrounding areas of Nashville with Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford, and Sumner are actually larger.

I only go into Nashville for football games or if we want to eat downtown.

Brentwood, Franklin, Mount Juliet, Hendersonville, Murfreesboro are far from sparse and where the growth is.

I also do not know much about East TN but we have two major lakes that are pretty nice.

Reactions: 1 person

The surrounding areas of Nashville with Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford, and Sumner are actually larger.

Brentwood, Franklin, Mount Juliet, Hendersonville, Murfreesboro are far from sparse and where the growth is.

I also do not know much about East TN but we have two major lakes that are pretty nice.

Latest census data shows the metro area getting smaller and more people moving back into the city.

I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to come up with one good thing that West TN has that Middle or East do not have. Nothing.

I thought for sure Miss or Ark would've accepted TNs offer for Memphis by now. Do they have enough water where Georgia might take them?

Hey now...

But seriously, be honest, people are considering Middle to be Nashville and vicinity. Take Nashville out and its....sparse.

Me, personally, I'll take the combo of Chatt./Knoxville/Tri Cites plus the Mountains. Upper East Tennessee is crazy underrated.

Hey now.... I grew up in Kingsport. NET is the soul of the state as far as I'm concerned.....but I like the people in other divisions.

Latest census data shows the metro area getting smaller and more people moving back into the city.

I live here and am calling BS on this census data.

Davidson county is maxed out.

The only room for growth is a few downtown condos and condos on the West End.

Sumner county, Williamson count, Wilson county, and Rutherford county are growing so fast they cant keep up to date with car to road volume.

In Hendersonville alone there are 4 new subdivisions going in and phase 4 of Somerset down's is now happening.

Brentwood is pretty maxed out but franklin headed over into Station is booming.

Just due to sheer available land Davidson will get outpaced.

Also, the only area that is really getting a make-over in Nashville (Davidson county) is the four points area near the Pharmacy restaurant.

If you like Burgers make sure to check that place out....during daylight..it's still not a great area.

To me...you're still just describing Nashville.

Far from the only part of middle Tennessee, IMO.

I live here and am calling BS on this census data.

Davidson county is maxed out.

The only room for growth is a few downtown condos and condos on the West End.

Sumner county, Williamson count, Wilson county, and Rutherford county are growing so fast they cant keep up to date with car to road volume.

In Hendersonville alone there are 4 new subdivisions going in and phase 4 of Somerset down's is now happening.

Brentwood is pretty maxed out but franklin headed over into Station is booming.

Just due to sheer available land Davidson will get outpaced.

I see you really haven't been to most parts of downtown Nashville.

I see you really haven't been to most parts of downtown Nashville.

West End is booming and the gulch is booming.

A lot of condos coming up.

I guess you can call Belle meade and the west end but it is maxed out...they might tear an old house down and rebuild but that's it.

Please tell me the areas in downtown Nashville that are growing faster than Sumner, Wilson, Rutherford, and Williamson?

And anyone who considers Brentwood (not you just in general) or Gallatin or Mount Juliet or Lebanon as Nashville might as well consider Gatlinburg as part of Knoxville.

Davidson is 641,000 per 2010 census and projected to be 764,000 by 2030.

Rutherford is 251,000 and projected to almost be as large as Davidson at 420,000.

Sumner is 176,000 and projected to be 211,000---which is going to be way low as South Eastern Builders alone plans to build 10,000 homes in the next 10 years.

Williamson is 213,000 and projected to be 318,000.

Also once the Hadley Bend connector is built Sumner county will begin to grow even faster.

And anyone who considers Brentwood (not you just in general) or Gallatin or Mount Juliet or Lebanon as Nashville might as well consider Gatlinburg as part of Knoxville.

Uh, ok.

My brother lives in Spring Hill and I've got a cousin that teaches at Station Camp and lives close by. To me, they still live in the Nashville suburbs. I realize they are separate communities (and some even manage to have somewhat independent identities), but to me, they are still Nashville suburbs.

I'll just agree to disagree on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have been to Nashville, Memphis (family from there) and I live in Knoxville.

East Tennessee all day long.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back