Mid-spring stock watch

If Dobbs starts all of this season and next, I wouldnt be surprised if one of the newcomer QB's transfer. I just wonder how it will all shake out if Jennings moves to safety. Will both Dormady and Jones stay?

Twenty-two posts before the T- word came up. Must be a new record!:)

anyone think they will move Jennings into a new role with dormandy winning the backup spot? I think jones is going to be a little bit more developed than Jennings as well. where do you think Jennings would serve us best?

I think if they see his future elsewhere than qb, he'll be moved after the season. He needs time to get a chance at qb, and also we need some depth there. If one qb gets hurt, we dont have much else at that position atm

If Dobbs starts all of this season and next, I wouldnt be surprised if one of the newcomer QB's transfer. I just wonder how it will all shake out if Jennings moves to safety. Will both Dormady and Jones stay?

NO! THEY SHOULD ALL PANIC AND FLEE NOW.

I f'n hate limp-wristed trolls.

Jennings may not be a great passer, but neither was Michael Vick, Vince Young or Nick Marshall. However, those guys were deadly when they left the pocket and were great leaders. If Jennings becomes a great leader, an ok passer, and a deadly runner, then he'll be our QB.

Remember, Dobbs had some bad practices and throws in practice, but he's a leader that makes magic happen with his legs when the lights are on. Jennings may be the same. Hard to tell this early on.

Reactions: 4 people
Jennings may not be a great passer, but neither was Michael Vick, Vince Young or Nick Marshall. However, those guys were deadly when they left the pocket and were great leaders. If Jennings becomes a great leader, an ok passer, and a deadly runner, then he'll be our QB.

Remember, Dobbs had some bad practices and throws in practice, but he's a leader that makes magic happen with his legs when the lights are on. Jennings may be the same. Hard to tell this early on.

This is true. I think he could also play receiver with his athletic ability and probably be pretty darn good at it.

Dobbs is absolutely a leader...not too sure about the leadership of the prior 3 mentioned. They were all 3 great athletes and made things happen with the ball in their hands.

Reactions: 1 person

I would throw in Tebow as well. All those guys mentioned had better accuracy except for Marshall. Same thing though, great leader and kept the chains moving with his arm and legs.

All of those guys were good at keeping the momentum for their offense.

That's what we need.

Let him have atleast a year. Playing qb in college isn't the easiest thing in the world. Him being an all American at safety is a very big reach also. Randolph is a very good safety and he isn't an all american. The kid seems to have a great work ethic and alot of talent. Let him do his thing.

In all fairness, Jennings is a much much much better athlete than Randolph.

Vince Young completed over 60% for his career with over 6,000 yards. Nick Marshall also completed over 60% and was a very underrated passer. Tim Tebow completed 66% of his passes and threw for over 9,000. No quarterback even in college will get by just on his legs without a great scheme and great running backs.

I'd move him to RB before Safety, plenty of depth there, UT needs all the help they can get at RB.

Not sure Jennings would be the answer but we need more running backs behind Hurd and Kamara besides true Freshman and walk ons. I know Evan Berry is looking good on defense but I would really like to see what he could do at running back. Why won't the coaches listen to me? (sarcasm).

This is true. I think he could also play receiver with his athletic ability and probably be pretty darn good at it.

Swain said he could be an amazing WR from what he saw at a 7 on 7 event. Plus he'll already know the Offense from playing QB.

I think if they see his future elsewhere than qb, he'll be moved after the season. He needs time to get a chance at qb, and also we need some depth there. If one qb gets hurt, we dont have much else at that position atm

this will be a worrisome spot all year too,Dobbs will need some quality back up,especially if he goes down for more than a game or two and hopefully that doesn't happen

VN Store

Back