'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

Yeah, I honestly think you'll see more 4 or 5 BIG man fronts next year. A lot of size, strength, and age on our dfont

Need OLB group to develop...Crouch is developing a good pass rush. Bennett and Johnson have been solid
I was off about Harrison, but I still think he comes on strong next year. He has a learning curve it seems. I'd like to see JJ get a look here too. One of the Whitehaven boys will be beside To'oto'o starting.

Secondary could be pretty good! Certainly some talent there now. Experience too
I think the difference between now and the beginning of the season is trust that the guy next to him will do his job which allows them to play aggressively. When Emerson and Middleton “got it”, everything started flowing. Now next man up brings his own set of skill.

I have a gut feeling we get him. He was a likely possibility when all of this started (last year), and then Kentucky....is just going nowhere. Their ceiling is 8-4. Just never understood that one. This guy needs to be here.

Reactions: Pane di mais
I think the difference between now and the beginning of the season is trust that the guy next to him will do his job which allows them to play aggressively. When Emerson and Middleton “got it”, everything started flowing. Now next man up brings his own set of skill.

These guys had no real experience at the beginning of the season...

Butler ,Solomon ,Emerson ,Middleton are collectively averaging 30 tkls 4 tfl, and 2 sacks a piece so far on the season!
Not bad for gap control lineman...
All 4 of these guys come back next season.

Butler ,Solomon ,Emerson ,Middleton are collectively averaging 30 tkls 4 tfl, and 2 sacks a piece so far on the season!
Odds on them getting BETTER?

🧡

Reactions: LittleVol

And add Gooden back into the mix next season.

This is a bit hyperbole.
Our DLine has been holding the line of scrimmage pretty well since Miss State. Shut down the SECs leading rusher at the time.

Solomon Emerson and Middleton would be in Anyone's 2 deep in college. Starters? Remember, we're 3-4 primarily. So when you mean just the 3 DTs. And they've been playing well the past 5 games. They're big strong athletic dudes that are making Daniel Bituli look very good at LB.

Nah you're wrong about them.

Behind them you got Butler, Bumphis, Gooded who have all shown the ability to make plays. Not just space guys

Garland, Blakely and Mincey have flashed too. Our SC program has been on point the last 16 months...
Agree.. Blakely gets very little props but I've noticed him quite a bit lately. Dude eats up some space and was instrumental in the 4th down stop at Kentucky..

Last edited:

It might’ve been deleted. So here’s a screen shot. BDAA754E-00D9-4FF5-BC9A-99500F7AF3A0.jpeg

Interestingly, a Michigan State player (Kalen Gervin) replied with a 😂. A Kentucky linebacker asked why he was laughing and kalen responded “ask Justin.”

VN Store

Back