Meyer placed on administrative leave. No joke!

In light of this, Jim Harbaugh is celebrating...he just because a relevant coach in the Big10.
Yeah maybe Michigan will finish better than 3rd in their own division this year but I won't hold my breath.

Wasn't referring to you my man, no worries. As to the other part, you have to imagine there are a few football moms who, assuming they believe this is true are not cool with their son's playing under a man who beats his wife...Momma's opinion goes a looooong way.

Oh most definitely. But most parents of kids that have a shot of playing on a big team and possibly go to the NFL will probably be more worried about the Urban Legend not being HC and the team being crap without him than any moral high ground.

Yeah maybe Michigan will finish better than 3rd in their own division this year but I won't hold my breath.

At 7.9 Million He's the one who will be holding his breath if they play like they did last year

Where's all the vocal folks who said Schiano is a great coach and perfect for Tenneessee now? Wouldn't he be the best interim? Did he lose his luster in 10 months?

Oh, there are but most of the OSU faithful have come to realize his own BS is what cost him a better job and they are fighting amongst themselves.....plus Houston and a couple others are blasting back at old tweets from November from OSU faithful bad mouthing us. Rest assured.

I wonder if vn will come out in droves and troll pundits about Schiano not being acting hc.

I'm confident he was covering it up, and that's disturbing

Why should UM lose his job over allegations that haven't been proven in court? The notion of extended liability in this country is getting insane.

Why should UM lose his job over allegations that haven't been proven in court? The notion of extended liability in this country is getting insane.
Thus why he is on "paid administrative leave" pending investigation and not outright fired yet. You know that's going to be tied up in the system for months though.

At 7.9 Million He's the one who will be holding his breath if they play like they did last year

Oh, there are but most of the OSU faithful have come to realize his own BS is what cost him a better job and they are fighting amongst themselves.....plus Houston and a couple others are blasting back at old tweets from November from OSU faithful bad mouthing us. Rest assured.
He reminds me of Butch in the sense that he does everything right to compensate and distract the fans from his mediocre coaching, except if course actually win. Sure traveling through Europe with the team is neat, and having a weird conspiracy about eating chicken is a little goofy, but bottom line the guy is just not winning. Can't beat Ohio state, we can't beat Alabama. Can't beat in state little brother rival Michigan state, we can't seem to beat vandy.

Allegations like that don't go unknown at a major football program. Domestic abuse coaches don't fly under the radar. Police are involved. Wives of coaches knew. Urban knew and Ohio St knew I'm sure probably shortly after the incident. I'd doubt he gets fired. Ohio st is probably trying to find a way to attempt to prove Urban acted appropriately. My guess is at the worst he "steps down" with a reduced buyout if they can't come up with viable steps to keep him.

Reactions: davethevol
Allegations like that don't go unknown at a major football program. Domestic abuse coaches don't fly under the radar. Police are involved. Urban knew and Ohio St knew I'm sure probably shortly after the incident. I'd doubt he gets fired. Ohio st is probably trying to find a way to attempt to prove Urban acted appropriately. My guess is at the worst he "steps down" with a reduced buyout if they can't come up with viable steps to keep him.

dunno.....its the metoo and title 9 enviroment

Urban Meyer suspended and assistant fired. Interesting also that he was promoting DC Greg Schiano to be UT's next coach. Usually where it stinks there is a huge pile of $h!t somewhere close by. Not throwing stones but this is 2 major programs where this crap has happened.

Wonder how many of there recruits we can steal?

Interesting article!

What Ohio State would have to defend in order to keep Meyer

:eek:

Urban Meyer suspended and assistant fired. Interesting also that he was promoting DC Greg Schiano to be UT's next coach. Usually where it stinks there is a huge pile of $h!t somewhere close by. Not throwing stones but this is 2 major programs where this crap has happened.

Wonder how many of there recruits we can steal?

Interesting article!

What Ohio State would have to defend in order to keep Meyer

:eek:

Is this the first “Thanks Jimmy” for the new site?

We know they insist on being called THE Ohio State University.
So, after what we’ve learned lately, they are THE school of molesting its wrestlers and beating its women.
Respect. It’s earned.

Smith's lawyer has already stated that Smith never told Meyer about the abuse allegations. Why would Smith's lawyer be concerned about Urban Meyer under these circumstances?

I think this is about protecting Ohio St more than a coach.

Bradley Koffel, an attorney representing Zach Smith, told ESPN: "Zach Smith wants to be as transparent and honest as possible, but it is not going to be done today through the media. It will only be after he and his ex-wife are sworn in to testify. Once he gets his chance to tell his side of events, don't be surprised when it is corroborated by every police who ever responded to Ms. Smith's calls."

On July 25, Urban Meyer denied knowing that Zach Smith had been accused of domestic violence in 2015, saying at Big Ten media days, "I was never told about anything." Meyer said the decision to fire Smith was a "very tough call."

Koffel said Wednesday that Smith never informed Meyer about the criminal-trespass charge, even after Koffel told Smith to do so.
"I now understand why Zach compartmentalized the info: to protect Urban," Koffel said. "You cannot impute every family argument involving an employee and his wife to the CEO of a company or the head coach of a large football program."

Reactions: Remy

Seems allegations need not be proven in court, per univ policy; but simply, If he knew, or truly didn't know seems to be the issue recently aired ... see "not limited to" below:

"Meyer was adamant that he had no knowledge of the alleged 2015 incident, even suggesting at one point during Big Ten media days last week that the whole thing was possibly made up. He later said he had his staff look into it, and they couldn't find anything."

1. "An individual need not be charged with or convicted of a criminal offense to be found responsible for domestic violence pursuant to this policy."
2. "Anyone who supervises faculty, staff, students, and volunteers; chairs/directors; and all faculty members have an additional obligation to report known or suspected incidents ...
3. New paragraph 4.1 (e) of Meyer's extension reads:

Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State's Title IX Athletics any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty or staff or that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event. ... For purposes of this Section 4.1 (e), a "known violation" shall mean a violation or allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause is taking place or may have taken place.

Why Ryan Day had to be named acting head coach: Ohio State football analysis

Allegations like that don't go unknown at a major football program. Domestic abuse coaches don't fly under the radar. Police are involved. Wives of coaches knew. Urban knew and Ohio St knew I'm sure probably shortly after the incident. I'd doubt he gets fired. Ohio st is probably trying to find a way to attempt to prove Urban acted appropriately. My guess is at the worst he "steps down" with a reduced buyout if they can't come up with viable steps to keep him.
If they do keep Meyer, which I really don't think they do seeing as that university is rather quick in resolving issues like this, they are opening themselves up to a whole lot of **** due to Title IX.

VN Store

Back