Memphis Recruits

Chiozza may be a pretty good PG by his Senior year with Florida. Both Robinson and Magee will make an impact faster, IMO.

I'm not sold on the sub 5'10" PGs in the college game.
Shane Larkin and Phil Pressey (the two most commonly-used comparisons) both made an immediate impact for their team. Chiozza will probably be our backup PG his freshman season (unless Hill ends up being a one-and-done), but I'm sure he'd be fine getting early playing time.

The guy who you use as a reference to try to prove that small PGs can't work (Erving Walker) averaged over ten points in his freshman season.

I'm not going to tell you that size doesn't matter (it does), but the fact that you'd take any and every 6'2"+ PG over a small PG is stupid. Would you take Ryan Harrow over Shane Larkin?

I come to talk about basketball, and because I'm interested in UT basketball. I thought this was a board to discuss UT basketball, but not that being a UT fan was a requirement for entry.

Let's get back to just basketball. A morsel for discussion would be has either Coach Pastner or Coach Martin proven anything yet? Frankly neither program has proven anything in the postseason which is the only thing that matters. Both are young but they seem to have a long way to go.

Shane Larkin and Phil Pressey (the two most commonly-used comparisons) both made an immediate impact for their team. Chiozza will probably be our backup PG his freshman season (unless Hill ends up being a one-and-done), but I'm sure he'd be fine getting early playing time.

The guy who you use as a reference to try to prove that small PGs can't work (Erving Walker) averaged over ten points in his freshman season.

I'm not going to tell you that size doesn't matter (it does), but the fact that you'd take any and every 6'2"+ PG over a small PG is stupid. Would you take Ryan Harrow over Shane Larkin?

Phil Pressey was great, but was a 4 year player.

Shane Larkin is 5'10", has range to almost 30 feet and came into the college game after playing a college-style pick and roll offense in high school. Larkin is also a freak athlete. I'll have to see Chiozza play the college game before I'm convinced they're similar in anything but height and weight.

Last edited:
Let's get back to just basketball. A morsel for discussion would be has either Coach Pastner or Coach Martin proven anything yet? Frankly neither program has proven anything in the postseason which is the only thing that matters. Both are young but they seem to have a long way to go.

I would totally agree. Big season for both.

Lol you get him gator. Even tho your a gator fan, I think everyone's tired of all the delusional Memphis fans posting on here just to start stuff. They don't care if it's UT fans or a gator fan they just wanna argue, it's pretty pathetic

I beg to differ. I don't recall ever arguing with anyone here and I don't think I'm delusional.

I'm more interested in UT BB when there are Memphis area kids playing. I'm pulling for most of them regardless of where they go (except maybe UK).

VN Store

Back