Memphis coach Penny Hardaway!

He was cleared by TSAA.
So was the kid from Fayetteville at first. Then hey ruled him ineligible right before playoffs when new info came in. As the ncaa says. New info came to light. Wonder if the tssaa didn’t know about this money

But. This is why I hope this beats the NCAA. I am posting the 1st tweet. The 2nd tweet can happen if the NBA lifts the 19 yr old rule. That only hurts us as fans of these universities.

Yo coach, I was wondering if I transferred or the NCAA rules me ineligible would my mom lose her house and job?

9266DB41-436C-4134-B533-9EFCEF9A4008.jpeg

Reactions: ksgovols
When they start allowing players to profit from their likenesses, if there’s not a cap on it, won’t all the issues like this become moot? Basically won’t all the worries about recruiting violations pretty much be over?

For all of you too lazy to investigate before opining, let me list a few facts of this case. I do so hoping you will see the ridiculousness all our universities abide and are bullied by. We lost the best coach in our history to one of these stupid rules. It's hard to swallow, but if we can't support what this University, coach and player are trying to do, then no fair complaining the next time it happens to us...and it will happen to us.

1 Hardaway gave 1 million dollars in 2008 to build the UM Hall of Fame. He did so out of respect for his basketball coach and, I'm sure, had a pile of sneaker money that needed a tax break.

2 Hardaway paid moving expenses for James Wiseman's mom to move from Nashville to Memphis in 2017. Her son and daughter were living in Memphis at the time.

3 Hardaway was a high school basketball coach at that time. Tubby Smith had just finished his first of two years as Memphis' basketball coach at that time as well. Penny was not a coaching prospect nor was Wiseman a player prospect when this money changed hands.

4 All the above was disclosed to the NCAA in May 2019 before Wiseman matriculated and Wiseman's amateur status was cleared by the NCAA in written form.

5 The NCAA later notified Memphis they may have made a mistake in this declaration but said they will stand by their original decision to allow him to play.

6 On the day of the first game, the NCAA reneged saying Wiseman's amateur status may be in question after all.

7 Wiseman sued the University and the NCAA to be able to continue to play and won in court.

8 At this time, Wiseman has not been formally declared ineligible.

Memphis' argument is this:
Penny has spent and helped thousand of kids as an icon and a philanthropist.
Penny has not given money to UM in 11 years.
Penny was not employed by UM and Wiseman was not recruited by UM when this transaction occurred.
The NCAA was aware of all this information before Wiseman was a student and declared him eligible TWICE after knowing all this.

My bet is that it will be our "little brother" down the road whose balls make the world better for the rest of our Universities. I wish we had done the same instead being a coward when Bruce got screwed.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Someone in the recruiting forum mentioned that Pruitt was going to help Henry To’oto’o’s family to Knoxville, to get his mother a job and everything, I hope it wasn’t true. I just hope that this didn’t happen. I don’t see Pruitt doing that at all. These bagmen for Auburn, how they get away with it is beyond me. What Penny did, and according to people on what Auburn does, is nothing compared to this. Look at Chase for Ohio state now...

Duke has been doing this for years. New Orleans newpaper exposed it all about 15 years ago with players names, etc. Nothing was done.

Reactions: Orange.
I hope Memphis players coming to UT don't see this thread.

It was a joke. I seem to recall someone or some people being concerned that we (Volnation) were going to be giving Memphis bulletin board material because we were trashing Memphis.

Im sure it’s nothing to see though . I mean history would suggest as much.

Last edited:
It was a joke. I seem to recall someone or some people being concerned that we (Volnation) were going to be giving Memphis bulletin board material because we were trashing Memphis.

Im sure it’s nothing to see though . I mean history would suggest as much.
I was joking too.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
For all of you too lazy to investigate before opining, let me list a few facts of this case. I do so hoping you will see the ridiculousness all our universities abide and are bullied by. We lost the best coach in our history to one of these stupid rules. It's hard to swallow, but if we can't support what this University, coach and player are trying to do, then no fair complaining the next time it happens to us...and it will happen to us.

1 Hardaway gave 1 million dollars in 2008 to build the UM Hall of Fame. He did so out of respect for his basketball coach and, I'm sure, had a pile of sneaker money that needed a tax break.

2 Hardaway paid moving expenses for James Wiseman's mom to move from Nashville to Memphis in 2017. Her son and daughter were living in Memphis at the time.

3 Hardaway was a high school basketball coach at that time. Tubby Smith had just finished his first of two years as Memphis' basketball coach at that time as well. Penny was not a coaching prospect nor was Wiseman a player prospect when this money changed hands.

4 All the above was disclosed to the NCAA in May 2019 before Wiseman matriculated and Wiseman's amateur status was cleared by the NCAA in written form.

5 The NCAA later notified Memphis they may have made a mistake in this declaration but said they will stand by their original decision to allow him to play.

6 On the day of the first game, the NCAA reneged saying Wiseman's amateur status may be in question after all.

7 Wiseman sued the University and the NCAA to be able to continue to play and won in court.

Penny was not employed by UM and Wiseman was not recruited by UM when this transaction occurred.
The NCAA was aware of all this information before Wiseman was a student and declared him eligible TWICE after knowing all this.

My bet is that it will be our "little brother" down the road whose balls make the world better for the rest of our Universities. I wish we had done the same instead being a coward when Bruce got screwed.
I fail to see where Penny lied to the NCAA. That’s the biggest difference.

Reactions: 05_never_again

GUILTY!!

I hope he’s eligible and does well. Basketball is better when Memphis is good.
JMO.......

VN Store

Back