Mel Kiper LOVES Jaylen Wright

Tman44

God Father of Soul
Mel Kiper has an article on ESPN+ today where he picks his favorite players at every position. He picked Jaylen Wright as his RB pick. He thinks he should be the second RB picked behind Brooks out of Texas. His prediction is that Wright gets picked up early in the third round. Good luck to Wright and the other Vols for the NFL draft this week. Go Vols!

I'm not sharing the link because it is behind a pay wall and I've seen others on the board crucified for doing so. 🤣

Mel Kiper has an article on ESPN+ today where he picks his favorite players at every position. He picked Jaylen Wright as his RB pick. He thinks he should be the second RB picked behind Brooks out of Texas. His prediction is that Wright gets picked up early in the third round. Good luck to Wright and the other Vols for the NFL draft this week. Go Vols!

I'm not sharing the link because it is behind a pay wall and I've seen others on the board crucified for doing so. 🤣
Huh? We love when folks post for us, who dont pay for subscriptions lol

Just don't post links to John Adams tripe and you'll stay in our good graces.

To quote Jaime Lannister...the things I do for love.

Running back​

i

Jaylen Wright, Tennessee​

Wright made my list of risers after the combine, where he put up a 4.38-second 40-yard dash, an 11-foot-2 broad jump and a 38-inch vertical leap, all of which ranked close to the top at his position. He is a supreme athlete, and his tape matches that too. In 2023, he averaged 7.4 yards per carry, which ranked third in the FBS, and 4.1 yards after contact per carry, which ranked ninth. How did he have only four touchdowns?

Wright hits the hole decisively, but I also love that he is a stellar pass-blocker. He can handle blitzers and play on third downs in the NFL. He caught only 30 passes in three seasons for the Vols, but he has the tools to develop as a pass-catcher.

Projection: Wright is my second-ranked running back, but I projected only one back (Texas' Jonathon Brooks) in the first two rounds of my latest mock draft, just based on the value of the position. I see Wright being picked early in Round 3 and making an impact as a rookie.

Wright's pass blocking is what got him past Small on the roster. He really did step it up. Small was easily the best blocker in 2021-22. Wright just worked and became a 3 down back.

Reactions: VAVol85
Wright's pass blocking is what got him past Small on the roster. He really did step it up. Small was easily the best blocker in 2021-22. Wright just worked and became a 3 down back.
Wright started as a back that was fast but small, fumble-prone, and a poor pass blocker. He finished fast, ripped, secure with the ball, and a very good pass blocker. Pretty clear that he is coachable and a hard worker. Wish him the best.

Just listened to Cain, AP, Hubbs and Grant Ramey talking about the draft. Very depressing honestly. Milton likely 7th round or UDFA. Hadden UDFA. Looks like we may only have 1 players actually drafted. That’s not good.

Just listened to Cain, AP, Hubbs and Grant Ramey talking about the draft. Very depressing honestly. Milton likely 7th round or UDFA. Hadden UDFA. Looks like we may only have 1 players actually drafted. That’s not good.

When you realize we had several draftable players forego the draft and return to play another year it IS good.

Oh, you knew I was gonna do it, you knew sure enough. Ahem, you furious folks who boycotted Budlight are forbidden to watch or follow the 2024 NFL Draft. You Boycotted and dayumed Garth Brooks for selling it at his bar, too. Forbidden. Loyalty to your, uh, ahem, principles demand you not watch or follow it.

WoodsmanVol, you know that you are among those who did and do boycott Budlight, right?
Yeah, I'm talking to the targeted VN fans who are anti-Budlight.
Certainly, and you are aware that you are a VN'er, and boycott BudLight?
Look, I just want to needle the boycotters.
I see, does the pin prick hurt?
Fork you!
1714067277761.png

Oh, you knew I was gonna do it, you knew sure enough. Ahem, you furious folks who boycotted Budlight are forbidden to watch or follow the 2024 NFL Draft. You Boycotted and dayumed Garth Brooks for selling it at his bar, too. Forbidden. Loyalty to your, uh, ahem, principles demand you not watch or follow it.

WoodsmanVol, you know that you are among those who did and do boycott Budlight, right?
Yeah, I'm talking to the targeted VN fans who are anti-Budlight.
Certainly, and you are aware that you are a VN'er, and boycott BudLight?
Look, I just want to needle the boycotters.
I see, does the pin prick hurt?
Fork you!
View attachment 636758

You're weird

Archive.ph

I imagine he won’t fall much further. But I wonder at what point he would have been better coming back for another year.

I imagine he won’t fall much further. But I wonder at what point he would have been better coming back for another year.
It wasn’t he did about everything he could only thing he could’ve improved on was showing an ability to catch more out the backfield… Heup players still getting punished mainly because wright ran vs light boxes most of the year that narrative is about to change this year.

Reactions: captainsword

VN Store

Back