Maybe too early??

Richardson at 19 ppg would make him the highest scorer we've had since Lofton. Doubt that happens, but who knows. Someone has to score.
You know what, Manny? Of course, I don't expect that to be the first starting lineup, but think about it. They all are perfectly fitted to Coach Tyndall's system. Three of the five are high energy team leader type guys who he has singled out as doing just that. And I think you were the first to throw out the possibility of playing Reese at the 5 with his decent size. Then look at the second five coming off the bench at all positions. With a guy who can really coach on the floor, good God, I'm more excited about basketball than football and I'm really excited about that also!:yahoo:

Look for Armani Moore to have a blow up year. Heard he's been in the gym with Richardson/Reese working on his shot.

Good question. I know McGhee was coming to FGCU before CDT and staff swooped in and got him at the last minute, but the staff here thought a lot of him. I'm not saying Eric is awful, I just don't know that he's a starter in the SEC.

I disagree, when you look at who was starting at center for some of these other SEC teams he's at least on their level IMO.

Like I said before, there just not really a better option, especially when you consider physically ready. I would be shocked if mcknight is not the starting center game 1, assuming he's cleared that is.

Reactions: 1 person
Look for Armani Moore to have a blow up year. Heard he's been in the gym with Richardson/Reese working on his shot.

If Armani is aggressive on offense, I think he can have a year like Richardson did last year. He's good around the rim and protects his shot well because he can hang in the air so long. If he can add a jumper, I could easily see him in the 9-11 ppg range.

19.25 was his average in the four games of the NCAA tournament with McRae and Stokes in the lineup.

he's absolutely capable of averaging 19 if he's the main feature in this offense, but I don't think that's how Donnie's system works.

he's absolutely capable of averaging 19 if he's the main feature in this offense, but I don't think that's how Donnie's system works.
You may be right. Last year he had four players averaging 10 or 11 in double figures. The year before the leading scorer averaged 16 at USM and two years before that Faried averaged 17.3 at Morehead State.

Also, Tyndall only went 9 deep at USM last season, and the same with a few more games played for 10 guys the year before, so expecting 12 guys to play seems a bit wild.

Here's mine as of today and assuming everyone gets cleared, and nobody else gets added which we know Tyndall is looking to do:

Starting 5:

PG: Chiles 6ppg
SG: Hubbs 9ppg
SF: Richardson 13ppg
F: Moore 8ppg
C: McKnight 7ppg

Bench:

Mostella 9ppg
Punter 8ppg
Reese 5ppg
Carmichael 4ppg
Owens 3ppg

Also, Tyndall only went 9 deep at USM last season, and the same with a few more games played for 10 guys the year before, so expecting 12 guys to play seems a bit wild.

Here's mine as of today and assuming everyone gets cleared, and nobody else gets added which we know Tyndall is looking to do:

Starting 5:

PG: Chiles 6ppg
SG: Hubbs 9ppg
SF: Richardson 13ppg
F: Moore 8ppg
C: McKnight 7ppg

Bench:

Mostella 9ppg
Punter 8ppg
Reese 5ppg
Carmichael 4ppg
Owens 3ppg

The starting 5 likely won't be as good, but that bench could definitely be an upgrade over last year.

19.25 was his average in the four games of the NCAA tournament with McRae and Stokes in the lineup.

He won't average that throughout a season. Not even close. If he averages 14 -15 ppg, then he would have had an excellent season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think Richardson will average around 14-15 ppg and Hubbs will average 10-12 ppg. After that who knows.

We will be lucky to score in the 70's let alone 100 if CDT's past teams are any indication. We will be deep though.

Coming off a sweet 16 appearance > 1st round knockout and NCAA cloud

I'm betting predictions by SEC media won't have Tennessee pegged as 2nd to worst team in the league preseason.

nobody mentioned Pearl in here, you having withdrawals? LOL

I think Richardson will average around 15 a game. Somebody has got to be the "man", and I believe its his time. We have seen what he is capable of. He can score in transition off turnovers. He can take it to the rim off the dribble, and that mid range jump shot of his is wet. His 3 point shooting was improved last season, and I expect that to be the case this year as well.

VN Store

Back