Maturing needed quickly

If Serrano couldnt fix it it cant be fixed unless you have a VFL who's willing to kill to make it right (Burke?).

The UT Baseball twitter account already blocked me for being negative.

I bet Fulmer would have hired Burke.

Reactions: 1 person
Having myself played the game, through professional ball, I never, not a single time, ever heard a manager curse an opposing teams player during a game. Not once. One of those unwritten rules. If players want to get into it, then I agree with you...boys will be boys. If CTV wants to mix it up with the opposing teams Manager....fine. He broke well known baseball (unwritten) rule there.

I played myself just like you and just my son plays d2 ball as a pitcher and I can say I have seen some occasions on a cheap slide or buggy whipping a runner that coaches and players have used familiar sexual language at players. Not a lot but does happen. Also remember he is single and not a whole lot older than some of them and I am seems very intense in his actions so far.

If Serrano couldnt fix it it cant be fixed unless you have a VFL who's willing to kill to make it right (Burke?).

The UT Baseball twitter account already blocked me for being negative.

I bet Fulmer would have hired Burke.

I bet you he wouldn't, given Burke hasn't done anything to show he has the initiative he wants to be a D1 head coach.

What's up with "miss Serrano and replace Vitello" talk? The facility, uniforms, training program, new depth in coaching, pitching/batting video, etc., are all adds since Serrano left.

Give Vitello and his staff some time. There's not a magic formula other than player development and SELECTIVE recruiting (opposite of V's present philosophy). Say what you will, I believe the Freshmen / Sophomore's can play the game-but the Freshmen also need time. Vitello will turn the program around as long as he keeps Anderson, figures out a batting line that can be consistent, and shows some loyalty to present players.

I agree let’s move on. But let’s also get one thing straight too. Yes Coach V and staff all added many upgrades since their arrival. These were all things Serrano and staff wanted to do and got many “no’s” from the Alabama trio of Hart, Ward and Gilbert. As far as uniform upgrades I believe that was all things that previous staff had already ordered and new staff inherited. Yes as a program we need to support new staff and give it time. What we can’t do is compare the lack of commitment previous staff received and new one is getting. The one thing that hasn’t changed is the inconsistancy of the team on the field. Let’s hope for a good weekend in Cincy. With SEC around the corner we are going to need it. GBO

What's up with "miss Serrano and replace Vitello" talk? The facility, uniforms, training program, new depth in coaching, pitching/batting video, etc., are all adds since Serrano left.

Give Vitello and his staff some time. There's not a magic formula other than player development and SELECTIVE recruiting (opposite of V's present philosophy). Say what you will, I believe the Freshmen / Sophomore's can play the game-but the Freshmen also need time. Vitello will turn the program around as long as he keeps Anderson, figures out a batting line that can be consistent, and shows some loyalty to present players.

I think you are going to see a Big number of freshmen and sophomore sent packing years end. Even some currently playing. We just took out 25th commit for this recruiting class.

Chatter and talking trash are a part of baseball. Being a baby isn't. There's no crying in baseball.....remember?

I think you are going to see a Big number of freshmen and sophomore sent packing years end. Even some currently playing. We just took out 25th commit for this recruiting class.

Agree that several players will leave or get the cold shoulder hint (true with any big program). But, as V builds his new offense he will deal with another crop inexperienced HS players. Same can be said about the pitching staff. Really feel this time next year we will see 15 or so of this years crop bloom. Heck, of the 25+ possible newbies don't think for a minute they will all be invited to stay.

Agree that several players will leave or get the cold shoulder hint (true with any big program). But, as V builds his new offense he will deal with another crop inexperienced HS players. Same can be said about the pitching staff. Really feel this time next year we will see 15 or so of this years crop bloom. Heck, of the 25+ possible newbies don't think for a minute they will all be invited to stay.

out of the 25, probably about 16-17 will be in the roster. With 2 seniors and more than likely ZL drafted, you can do the math.

out of the 25, probably about 16-17 will be in the roster. With 2 seniors and more than likely ZL drafted, you can do the math.

I don't think its the craziest thing for Lingo to stay if he has a subpar year and doesn't get drafted where he wants to. Still a sophomore so he still has some negotiating power if he comes back, and Anderson is known for developing MLB level pitchers. All up to how high he goes and if they pay up or not.

I don't think its the craziest thing for Lingo to stay if he has a subpar year and doesn't get drafted where he wants to. Still a sophomore so he still has some negotiating power if he comes back, and Anderson is known for developing MLB level pitchers. All up to how high he goes and if they pay up or not.

Agreed

I think he comes back unless he takes off in this bullpen role

I don't see this as a big deal. Instate rival for second game in a week, and no one knows what was said on the field.

The bigger deal with the quotes is with Lip imo. What TV said wasn't all that bad but the players quotes are uncalled for for sure.

The bigger deal with the quotes is with Lip imo. What TV said wasn't all that bad but the players quotes are uncalled for for sure.

There is nothing at all wrong with what Lip said.... he is a competitor with a fire burning to be great.... I wish we had more players like Lip, we would be a much better team....I think our fans need to toughen up and support this team and coach.

There is nothing at all wrong with what Lip said.... he is a competitor with a fire burning to be great.... I wish we had more players like Lip, we would be a much better team....I think our fans need to toughen up and support this team and coach.

When you disparage your opponent it's classless. Sorry but a spade is a spade

I thought baseball was a guys sport. Men say things during competition all the time. Everyone can be friends after the game. Big deal.

When you disparage your opponent it's classless. Sorry but a spade is a spade

He didn’t disparage his opponent.... he was ticked off bc of the way MTSU acted after beating us.... it’s called being a competitor.... I love it.... Go Vols!

He didn’t disparage his opponent.... he was ticked off bc of the way MTSU acted after beating us.... it’s called being a competitor.... I love it.... Go Vols!

You better read it again

He disparaged both etsu and MTSU. Two teams that regularly beat our ass

VN Store

Back