Matt Painter: “You know what you’re getting. It’s tackle football.”

I swear I would put Awaka on Edey and tell him under no circumstance do you allow him to back you down into the paint. Awaka is so strong Edey would struggle to get his normal position(unlimited time in the paint). If the officiating calls it evenly (which I doubt) Purdue will be completely out of sync.

Disrupt the passing lanes and make it hard for the ball to even get to Edey is how you beat them. In all 4 losses, Purdue has had 14+ TO’s; we force right at 14 TO’s per game. We need those trends to hold. Once the ball is deep, let him score, he’s going to get his 25 regardless (he avg. exactly that in their 4 losses). Him scoring isn’t going to get us beat, Aidoo and/or Awaka on the bench and not providing a scoring or rebounding presence will get us beat. He can’t score 70, so don’t let the Loyer’s of the world beat you.

Edey has attempted 100 more free throws than any other player in college basketball this season.

I guess you know what's you're getting with Edey too, you're getting jobbed by the refs.

I swear I would put Awaka on Edey and tell him under no circumstance do you allow him to back you down into the paint. Awaka is so strong Edey would struggle to get his normal position(unlimited time in the paint). If the officiating calls it evenly (which I doubt) Purdue will be completely out of sync.
Absolutely right. They called one foul on Awaka when he had inside position on Edy. It was bad.

From what I saw Painter taught his players to act a lot in the game.
Like the mysterious eye touch on Mashack the bump from Ziegler which caused the flop.
Dey throwing elbows and pushing off for no calls.
Have to say it work for him

If the refs didn't hold their whistles about half the time, Edey would get a hell of a lot more fouls called on him. Makes sense that Painter feels like he has to push his own narrative.

Again, can't reiterate how glad I'll be when that lumbering giant fades into nothingness in the NBA.
Tn would have blown Purdue out if they had called the game like they are in the North Carolina State game, Ref's aren't calling touch fouls.

Tn would have blown Purdue out if they had called the game like they are in the North Carolina State game, Ref's aren't calling touch fouls.
Edey have 2 free throws today? Need there be anything else said?
What was he against us 14 for 22 at the line?

If if if…. Tennessee lost to Purdue twice this year, if they played again tomorrow Tennessee would lose again. UT fans are the worst. Do you know why Edey only had 2 free throws today? Because NC State game plan wasn’t to hack him like UT. Stop whining, so glad Purdue beat UT twice this year and ended your dream season.
You think you really did something here? First player since 1970 to attempt over 400 free throws in a season. It ain’t just Tennessee, everyone with a pulse and without bias can see the way he’s officiated.

Reactions: HendoCinco

VN Store

Back