Matt Canada

One episode of the little web series thing is up on youtube also. Season 8.5 is just the boys doing little clips in jail but worth a watch while waiting on new stuff:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAWs4xlwvVQ[/youtube]

You can get the entire 8.5 season on swearnet.com but it it is $4.20 a month to subscribe.

Reactions: 1 person
Good find. I could be happy with that hire. I still prefer Meacham, at TCU. I don't think we are that freakin cheap or hurting for money, to pay 700k or so, to bring him here, if that is what it took.

This GVX reporter, Dustin Dopirak, makes some good points in his GVX interview, but he's barely more informed than many members here. And he's dead wrong in his assumption that we are hurting for money are set on going the cheap route. I don't think it's prudent to try and outbid Ariz. St. for Norvell, but that doesn't mean we cannot afford to go well above 500k, if needed.

I also think he is dead wrong in assuming TCU is a better job next year than here. That is why he says Meacham is out of the question. He forgets that this roster will be loaded with more talent than TCU's. This was TCU's year to shine. They'll be good next year, but we have the inside track to win the SEC E, and that would put us one game away from the NC Playoff.

If Meachum is indeed a big reason for TCU's success, with the boatload of defensive and offensive talent coming in with this 2015 class, there is no reason we can't be the new darling in the NCAA next year.

I don't think TCU's QB, Boykin is any better than Dobbs, quite frankly. And I know they don't have the WR and RB talent we have.

Dobbs is the better runner, but Boykin is very impressive, and is the better player IMO. He gets the ball out quick (with zip) and throws the deep ball much better than Dobbs.

Dobbs is the better runner, but Boykin is very impressive, and is the better player IMO. He gets the ball out quick (with zip) and throws the deep ball much better than Dobbs.
Boykin had a better OL in front of him, so there's that. Hard to throw a good deep ball when you got Bamer's DL and Mizzou's blowing right by our pitiful OL, this year.

Wes Rucker says now that it may be after NSD before we hire anyone. He mentioned Debord and Canada only

I too like this guy more than DeBored, though he has worked at some schools that are not exactly known for a dynamic offense--i.e. wisconsin. Our coaches the last two years ran a read-option system with a QB who couldn't run while the guy tailor-made for the system, and an excellent athlete, sat on the bench.

I would love to have him. He seems to adapt easily to what he's given. Instead of coming in and changing everything (Clawson) he could probably just tweat Butch's system this year and slowly change things. Next year Butch turns full control to him. Is that a reasonable scenario?

It's amazing to sit back and read all these threads about who our next OC will be. Nobody really knows anything.

I would like to see if he could add in some of the Wisconsin O for short yardage situations.

According to 94.3 yesterday CBJ was supposed to be in North Carolina Interviewing this guy last night. Hoping to hear something soon.

Good find. I could be happy with that hire. I still prefer Meacham, at TCU. I don't think we are that freakin cheap or hurting for money, to pay 700k or so, to bring him here, if that is what it took.

This GVX reporter, Dustin Dopirak, makes some good points in his GVX interview, but he's barely more informed than many members here. And he's dead wrong in his assumption that we are hurting for money are set on going the cheap route. I don't think it's prudent to try and outbid Ariz. St. for Norvell, but that doesn't mean we cannot afford to go well above 500k, if needed.

I also think he is dead wrong in assuming TCU is a better job next year than here. That is why he says Meacham is out of the question. He forgets that this roster will be loaded with more talent than TCU's. This was TCU's year to shine. They'll be good next year, but we have the inside track to win the SEC E, and that would put us one game away from the NC Playoff.

If Meachum is indeed a big reason for TCU's success, with the boatload of defensive and offensive talent coming in with this 2015 class, there is no reason we can't be the new darling in the NCAA next year.

I don't think TCU's QB, Boykin is any better than Dobbs, quite frankly. And I know they don't have the WR and RB talent we have.

Definitely think your opinion is wrong here. TCU will start the season as a favorite for the National Title. I wouldn't go as far as to say they have less talent than Tennessee. They return almost everyone, and I certainly wouldn't want to see them on the schedule next season.

Matt Canada? Name reminds me of this guy:
8f2c0f0f7b3c56656a90e495cbb51bd8.jpg

Last year, NC State put up 5.2 yards per carry and Jacoby Brissett - Jacoby freaking Brissett!!!!! - had a 23-5 TD/INT ratio. For the money and the age (43, I believe), we could do a whole lot worse.

Also, the complaints about his Wisconsin offense in 2012 by some people are a little off-base; I distinctly remember he and Bielema having public arguments over how the offense should be ran. Bielema often changed Canada's plays after he called them. One of the few games he didn't was the B1G title game beatdown of Nebraska where they dropped 70 points on the Huskers.

Badgers football: Offense was power struggle for Matt Canada, Bret Bielema : Sports

Last edited:
Wes Rucker says now that it may be after NSD before we hire anyone. He mentioned Debord and Canada only

Helton is still on that list for now. IDK that we would be able to land him realistically though. A lot of these guys that are really good are going to be hard to land. Forget the money aspect, we know their salaries; the mere fact that we're interviewing them shows we would pony up if someone fits for us. I think some names like Helton, Frost, Norvell, etc are unrealistic not because of the money but because of the risk to those coaches. Obviously each of them are great in their profession and have great situations currently; making a lateral move even if it is for more money is a bit of a risk. They can stay where they are at, be well compensated and perhaps eventually get a look at a HC opportunity. That IMO maybe more of an issue than the pure salary part of it.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Butch has said he wants someone he knows or have worked with. Has he ever coached with Canada? I mostly just read do not post much but you can check my stat

Canada Coached with Azzanni and Gilespi i do believe

He did with Azzani for sure. I can't think of an overlap with Gillespie though. Gillespie was a GA at S Carolina, then went to Oklahoma State and W Virginia before landing here. I maybe forgetting something though.

Definitely think your opinion is wrong here. TCU will start the season as a favorite for the National Title. I wouldn't go as far as to say they have less talent than Tennessee. They return almost everyone, and I certainly wouldn't want to see them on the schedule next season.
They most certainly WILL NOT. Ohio St. won the NC, and they have 3 good QB's coming back and are loaded everywhere else.

TCU may be in the top 5, but that all changes by the midway point of the season, because there are always early front-runners that hit a wall...like Bama, Miss St, Ole Miss, etc. Again, we have the inside track for the SEC E. That would put us one game (SEC CG) from the NC playoffs.

TCU will have their share of tough opponents next year, so there is no guarantee that they are going to have a smooth ride to a Big12 championship

VN Store

Back