Matt Barkley to visit?

getyopopcornready

If everything works out.. Kiffin in the process of persuading.. id say there's a 50% chance of this actually happening... I heard he is overrated tho but most of his starting recievers are newcomers (fr, So)... Like i said its not confirmed but if it does happen this is the weekend that he would be welcome

He's just coming because he knows this is where the best parties are at. He's USC through and through. If he does de-commit from USC Kiffin will gain alot of respect as a recruiter.

What impact will USC OC Steve Sarkisian departure have on their commitments?

There is little chance of Barkley taking a visit to UT and a much smaller chance that he will ever be a Vol. I wish we could move on. There are other committed quarterbacks to talk about that we have a better shot at.

If everything works out.. Kiffin in the process of persuading.. id say there's a 50% chance of this actually happening... I heard he is overrated tho but most of his starting recievers are newcomers (fr, So)... Like i said its not confirmed but if it does happen this is the weekend that he would be welcome

Can Kiffin talk to a recruit on the 20th it is a dead period? I am not sure how that works

There is little chance of Barkley taking a visit to UT and a much smaller chance that he will ever be a Vol. I wish we could move on. There are other committed quarterbacks to talk about that we have a better shot at.

I agree. I think we have a better chance at Murray. He threw for 4,100 yards and 51 TDs. He is a STUD. What is the meaning of your nickname?

volsgrad could i please offer your avatar a sandwich or a Cup o noodles, or something. that chic needs a meal.

Good to know that you're so certain that Barkley is a waste of time while you also seem to be so certain that we have better shots at other committed QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know that you're so certain that Barkley is a waste of time while you also seem to be so certain that we have better shots at other committed QBs.

This post makes you look like an arse.

No, it makes him look realistic. The only area that I disagree is that Barkley's visit should be a priority due to the publicity. It will look very good for future recruiting if Kiffin can get the #1 recruit in the country to visit UT this late in the process.

This post makes you look like an arse.

What's an arse, and what's it look like?

If everything works out.. Mrs Claus in the process of persuading.. id say there's a 50% chance of this actually happening... I heard he is overrated tho but most of his starting reindeer are newcomers (fr, So)... Like i said its not confirmed but if it does happen this is the weekend that he would be welcome

Last edited:
No, it makes him look realistic. The only area that I disagree is that Barkley's visit should be a priority due to the publicity. It will look very good for future recruiting if Kiffin can get the #1 recruit in the country to visit UT this late in the process.

I agree that it would be a huge deal to get him on campus. It would help recruiting most likely. I just don't see it happening. The guy has said he is solid to USC and is not considering UT. He hasn't taken any visits to any other schools since committing to USC. Our attention would be better spent on Murray and a couple of other guys that Kiffin is actually in on.

I agree that it would be a huge deal to get him on campus. It would help recruiting most likely. I just don't see it happening. The guy has said he is solid to USC and is not considering UT. He hasn't taken any visits to any other schools since committing to USC. Our attention would be better spent on Murray and a couple of other guys that Kiffin is actually in on.

I agree that the main focus should be on Murray and others. I just wonder if Barkley visiting will make guys like Murray more interested to see what's going on up here. Maybe it would fuel some competitiveness in them. I'm sure it would pump up Murray for Kiffin to tell him that Barkley is visiting but Kiffin wants Murray over him.

I agree that the main focus should be on Murray and others. I just wonder if Barkley visiting will make guys like Murray more interested to see what's going on up here. Maybe it would fuel some competitiveness in them. I'm sure it would pump up Murray for Kiffin to tell him that Barkley is visiting but Kiffin wants Murray over him.

Barkley visiting could not be a bad thing for UT in any way. It is just not likely to happen.

I don't mean our coaches shouldn't be trying to work out a visit. By all means, do. That's their job.

There is no way we have a 50% chance. I repeat, there is no way we have a 50% chance.

He is from California, his family lives in California, he grew up a USC fan, and has a chance to redshirt and start in his 2nd year. We have a 1% chance at best.

Barkley is not coming to visit or to play. Let's move on. He is 110% USC.

I'm not doubting that Barkley is unlikely. I just think it's funny how people make statements about what a recruit will or will not do and pass them off as proven fact. If he is 110% USC then why is this even coming up? You are speculating just like the people wondering if he will visit.

I'm sorry, you're from Cali so that gives you insider information on all California recruits.

I'm sorry, you're from Cali so that gives you insider information on all California recruits.

Never said that... it's just my opinion. It is a complete waste of time thinking this guy will come to UT. Look at all the facts. The guy and his family are fully committed to USC. What else do we need to know?

VN Store

Back