Mary Nutter Classic softball

Young team that has taken its lumps the last three games. Need better pitching and defense, for starters: if you give up four or five runs against a quality opponent, chances are you will lose. And we haven't hit well the last four games--didn't really hit against FSU but won, got shut out by Cal, scored late but not enough against Utah and only two against the corn-fed gals from the dreary plains state that is nebraska.

It's always helpful to dig in to the numbers before you open your mouth. 10 wins accumulated against Long Beach State (3), Idaho, Seattle, cal state northridge, Nevada (2), and UNLV. So yeah try again....insert moron face here.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove: I didn't know a winning record was a bad thing I don't care who you played...and why must you name call?

Reactions: 2 people
Young team that has taken its lumps the last three games. Need better pitching and defense, for starters: if you give up four or five runs against a quality opponent, chances are you will lose. And we haven't hit well the last four games--didn't really hit against FSU but won, got shut out by Cal, scored late but not enough against Utah and only two against the corn-fed gals from the dreary plains state that is nebraska.

Knoxville weather kinda killed the preparation for the tourney...like to get outside and practice defense had some uncharacteristic errors this weekend...and kinda hard to see live pitching like they normally do indoors...the team will be alright no doubt about that

Gregg, a freshman and one of the top recruits in the country, needs to start hitting. She has struggled, but expect her and Aldrete to get going and we should be OK.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove: I didn't know a winning record was a bad thing I don't care who you played...and why must you name call?

The original post of yours was dripping in sarcasm so if you can dish it, then take it

As for Utah, you can believe whatever you want but that's a team that will finish near last in the Pac-12.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually I think Northridge and Cal St. Long Beach traded wins with Utah. So....Utah was beat by Big West teams too. It happens..west coast teams are tough. You sleep, you lose

It's always helpful to dig in to the numbers before you open your mouth. 10 wins accumulated against Long Beach State (3), Idaho, Seattle, cal state northridge, Nevada (2), and UNLV. So yeah try again....insert moron face here.

The original post of yours was dripping in sarcasm so if you can dish it, then take it

As for Utah, you can believe whatever you want but that's a team that will finish near last in the Pac-12.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

Gregg, a freshman and one of the top recruits in the country, needs to start hitting. She has struggled, but expect her and Aldrete to get going and we should be OK.

They will get it going took Annie a while to get going last year...some hitters just start slow at the start of the season but once they get going they just stay hot

Listen guys don't commit suicide just yet. Young team, traveling several time zones, tired sleeping in hotels, very little outside practice time. Ralph is stressing them now so that it pays off down the road. Think big picture guys.

VN Store

Back