Marshall To Bama?

Some thought they might hog tie him and bring him back to Tuscaloosa

2842161245_deliverance_remake125102656_sq_thumb_m_xlarge.jpeg

Living in Bama, I can tell you no one that I've come in contact with gives a damn about basketball. Baseball is a bigger sport.

Bammer basketball attendance more than doubles their baseball attendance, as it does at most, if not all, schools.

Marshall is still very much in play at Bama. Apparently he wants the job but his family doesn't want to move. He has a teenage daughter who just started high school in Wichita.

Personally, I think he ends up in Tuscaloosa. They will keep throwing money at him until he can't say no.

Marshall is still very much in play at Bama. Apparently he wants the job but his family doesn't want to move. He has a teenage daughter who just started high school in Wichita.

Personally, I think he ends up in Tuscaloosa. They will keep throwing money at him until he can't say no.

I think he stays put. If he keeps doing what he's doing, he'll have a spot at a blue blood. Going to Alabama may pay off financially but could kill his career.

I think it would be a bad move by Marshall. He's going to make $2 million at Wichita State, which is only a basketball school and is an established program. He'll make more than $3M at bama, because they are desperate, but bama is a football school, the BB program has been pretty bad for a long time, and it will be hard for Marshall to change that. I find it hard to believe he's seriously interested in bama when I believe he's been offered much better jobs in the past and this year. I heard today he wasn't interested in texas because of some possible issue with the AD there. Supposedly he wants to take a visit to Tuscaloosa. As for living in Kansas vs. living in Alabama, that's a wash--they are both bad.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to imagine Bama is a stepping stone job to a better position. One never knows what drives a decision but if Marshall wants a top tier job this doesn't seem like the right route.

If he wants to get paid and wants to be in a better conference then he can accomplish that at Bama.

Hard to imagine Bama is a stepping stone job to a better position. One never knows what drives a decision but if Marshall wants a top tier job this doesn't seem like the right route.

If he wants to get paid and wants to be in a better conference then he can accomplish that at Bama.

Staging area for Cal's retirement?

It's not coaching at Bama that would be awful it's living there. Granted not many Bammers care about hoops but no way I would let my teenage daughter go to school in Tuscaloosa

It's not coaching at Bama that would be awful it's living there. Granted not many Bammers care about hoops but no way I would let my teenage daughter go to school in Tuscaloosa

Doubt any SEC head coaches need to worry about sending their kids to public schools. Private schools all the way.

Wichita working on a new contract for Marshall. Nothing confirmed either way but can't say this has taken a turn for the better for Alabama.

Wichita working on a new contract for Marshall. Nothing confirmed either way but can't say this has taken a turn for the better for Alabama.

They can draw up all the contracts they want, but at the end of the day Bama has the money to outbid them. That doesn't mean Marshall will go to Bama, but they have more money to offer.

Thank God. I can't imagine how intolerable the Alabama fanbase would be if they became good at basketball, too.

Reactions: 2 people
Marshall is king in Wichita. If he came to Bama or Texas, he would be second fiddle. And after seeing how the Texas AD did Barnes in basically forcing him out, who would wanna coach for him?

I think Marshall holds off until either Cal goes to the NBA (unlikely), Coach K retires (Probably in the next 5 years), or Kansas lets Bill Self go (possible, he has underachieved). I think if Kansas were to open, he would be all over it.

I don't see Marshall going somewhere where he isn't the star of the show. He can ride out success at Wichita State for at least another 3-5 years.

Bama will likely end up with Pitino, and Texas might be able to pull Underwood or Archie Miller. That's just my opinion. I don't think a lot of basketball coaches want to live in the shadows of a football program like Texas or Alabama.

As of 11:01 pm, Gregg Marshall officially turned Alabama down. Will stay at Wichita State.

Good try Bammers. Good try. Enjoy Pitino Jr.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back