Maris Cornelius, alltime LV Shill

Are u dumb? real question?

Don’t watch much basketball do you? If u think a 4 point swing that would’ve turned the game into a 1 possession game with 45 secs isn’t big…. I think you don’t watch the sport
Exactly. Jewel had knocked down that 3 and had a steal for a layup to make it a 1 possession game and at least 1 more possession with the time remaining without having to foul. SMH.

It wasn’t a missed call. It was a legit timeout before the ball was inbounded by a legit coach who has his head screwed on and knows what he’s doing.

He saw that developing from a mile away and called that timeout before it was inbounded. Give it up.
Aged well. NOT

Reactions: ruvol and Lucy
It wasn’t a missed call. It was a legit timeout before the ball was inbounded by a legit coach who has his head screwed on and knows what he’s doing.

He saw that developing from a mile away and called that timeout before it was inbounded. Give it up

It all came down to the second quarter. Tamari got two fouls had to sit that quarter out and we got outscored 24 to 7. Sometimes you need to gamble and we should've did exactly that in the second quarter. They went on a layup fest against Jill. We were plus 11 in three quarter and minus 18 in just one.
Yep, this was IMO the change in the game Tamari could have defended some of the layup fest and/or altered some BUT I was thinking the same roll the dice and play her at the time BUT if she did and TK got a 3rd, the Pitchforks would have been out in full force. Most coaches or basically all play it like she did, me as a bystander with no pressure am thinking put TK back in, very easy for me to say especially after the fact. 2nd Quarter lull and playing on their home court was the difference in this game and it went just about the way the gamblers thought it would go. I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised or so mad the favorite higher seed team on their home court won, it happens most of the time. I mean all the sports announcers where saying basically the game was on script.

Apparently Maria has always felt to keep access to LV program news you have to only ask softball questions of the coach and report everything is always sunshine and rainbows with the program. Never agreed with that if your a true journalist.
Maria never has been and never will be a true journalist. She's first and foremost a diehard fan of the LV program, and that's why she has been trotting out fluff pieces for the last 30 years or so.

Maria never has been and never will be a true journalist.

Not a true statement. Back in the day, when she was reporting for the KNS, she was bound by journalistic standards (like Cora is now) and was a traditional reporter.

But since she left traditional journalism and moved into writing for fan sites, that's a totally different animal. The primary purpose of fan sites is to feed the insatiable appetites of fans who are always hungry for the type of information that best feeds their hopes.

And there's not a thing in the world wrong with that. Personally, I prefer my fan sites to be generally positive and fun to participate in. If I want hard-hitting investigative reporting from staffers who are held to a higher code of journalistic ethics that prohibits them from expressing personal bias, then I am NOT going to expect that from a fan site. That would be ridiculous.

Cora is doing a great job so far, and like I said, she has a totally different job to do.

Apparently Maria has always felt to keep access to LV program news you have to only ask softball questions of the coach and report everything is always sunshine and rainbows with the program. Never agreed with that if your a true journalist.
It's related to jour (as in soup du jour), the French word for "day." If you write something every day, you're a journalist.

It's related to jour (as in soup du jour), the French word for "day." If you write something every day, you're a journalist.
Of course. Everyone who writes in a diary or keeps a journal is a journalist. But people in the news biz know the difference between reporting and opinion writing, and that's pretty much the difference between Cora and Maria in their current jobs.

Not a true statement. Back in the day, when she was reporting for the KNS, she was bound by journalistic standards (like Cora is now) and was a traditional reporter.

But since she left traditional journalism and moved into writing for fan sites, that's a totally different animal. The primary purpose of fan sites is to feed the insatiable appetites of fans who are always hungry for the type of information that best feeds their hopes.

And there's not a thing in the world wrong with that. Personally, I prefer my fan sites to be generally positive and fun to participate in. If I want hard-hitting investigative reporting from staffers who are held to a higher code of journalistic ethics that prohibits them from expressing personal bias, then I am NOT going to expect that from a fan site. That would be ridiculous.

Cora is doing a great job so far, and like I said, she has a totally different job to do.

The News Sentinel has three solid beat writers in Hall, Sparks and Wilson.

Of course. Everyone who writes in a diary or keeps a journal is a journalist. But people in the news biz know the difference between reporting and opinion writing, and that's pretty much the difference between Cora and Maria in their current jobs.
Yes, calling MMC a Lady Vol shill is just dumb. She writes for a Tennessee sports fan site.

VN Store

Back