Mario Williams suing ex-fiance for engagement ring

I would think most women would feel the same way but to my line of thinking, a gift is a gift. I just couldn't ask for the ring back, if it were me....

An engagement ring isn't really a "gift" though. A gift is something you give that you don't expect anything in return for. An engagement ring is really an offer of marriage. If you decline the offer you return the ring.

Reactions: 1 person
Expensive lesson is right. He GAVE her the ring.... It's now her ring. I don't feel sorry for him at all. Wanting it back now (and apparently going public with what should be a private matter ITFP) just makes him look like a big poo cee. If I were an opposing player I'd razz his lame azz all game long about it....

F that. It is an implicit agreement. She has no moral right to the ring and in most states, no legal right as well.

This should be a major red flag for whoever is the next guy.

I would think most women would feel the same way but to my line of thinking, a gift is a gift. I just couldn't ask for the ring back, if it were me....

What if it was a family heirloom? Your mother or grandmother's ring?

I agree with others, keep everything else, give the ring back.

If a guy gave me a ring with the intention to get married I would keep said ring and if it didn't happen I would give it back. The ring is for marriage and there was no marriage. Give it back.

...all of this.

875k for one ring?

She must be a monster in bed.

Which is a whole other discussion. If they're already living together and doing the hibbety jibbety, the marriage ceremony is only a legal formality. For all intents and purposes they are already married.... I understand common law marriages are a thing of the past but if this girl is already giving up the treats she's earning her ring....

Which is a whole other discussion. If they're already living together and doing the hibbety jibbety, the marriage ceremony is only a legal formality. For all intents and purposes they are already married.... I understand common law marriages are a thing of the past but if this girl is already giving up the treats she's earning her ring....

Prostituting herself.

Just because she has sex with this guy doesn't mean he owes her anything. Obviously he didn't get the memo and she's pissed.

Roy Williams went through the same thing. She's gonna lose. In Texas a wedding ring is a conditional gift (unless something has changed recently).

Reactions: 1 person
A little off subject but I bet the ring is hideous. I personally have always thought that extremely expensive rings are ugly as hell. To me it's bell curve and for the most part engagement rings peak at around 10-12k. Most rings that are more expensive then that are usually gaudy and ugly imo but I'm a guy so maybe I just don't get it.

Never understood spending that kind of money of an engagement ring. I know people that are wearing a car or the mortgage for 2 years on their ring finger. I just don't get it.

mario-williams-ring.jpg

attachment.php

And for some reason this came up on google images when searching for a picture of the ring lol

1367985922-still.jpg

:cheer:

VN Store

Back