Manzel on Bush’s Heisman

#1fulmerite

Only losers dislike winners
Thoughts?

He broke the rules that were in place and got caught. The rules may not be the same, now. Curious as to what you guys think.

Thoughts?

He broke the rules that were in place and got caught. The rules may not be the same, now. Curious as to what you guys think.
I think Johnny wants attention

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Did Bush break the rules? Yes. Did that change what he did on the field in any way? Absolutely not. There is no reason why Bush shouldn’t have his Heisman.

Reactions: #1fulmerite
Thoughts?

The Downtown Athletic Club: "And to think we were going to give Reggie his Heisman back, but if all it takes to keep that moran Manziel away is to not return it, Reggie is never getting it back.

Last edited:
I agree he has a point. The whole “I'm boycotting the ceremony” move is him making it about Johnny. Ain't nobody GAF if he attends.
I’m sure they were just floored they wouldn’t have to deal with a drunk entitled douche bag.

Reactions: Vol423
Manziel is an interesting case. When I hear things he says, and see how how he comes off in interviews, he seems like a guy who has grown up somewhat but hasn't actually grown up.

I think that deep down he's still the entitled punk frat boy that he was in college, but now that he's in his 30s he doesn't have quite the energy to hang anymore like he used to, or he doesn't have the enabling circle of friends to party with like he used to because he's out of the spotlight. If he became really famous again, there's no doubt he'd go right back to his college/early NFL days.

Reactions: Pennheel
Did Johnny Football tweet that from his line cook job at Taco Bell.

Manziel found out there was no appearance fee for showing up so this is his excuse for not showing up.

Thoughts?

Maybe they should consider stripping Manziel of his Heisman too.

Reactions: miket4god
He does have a point.

He also wants attention and probably looking to get invited to some talk shows and podcasts to get back in the spolight becaues nobody cares about the crappy indoor football league he plays in.

He does have a point.

He also wants attention and probably looking to get invited to some talk shows and podcasts to get back in the spolight becaues nobody cares about the crappy indoor football league he plays in.
Yes.

Yes.

Reggie broke rules that existed at the time...but he's the one who got caught, and I would guess there are several other guilty Heisman trophy winners. I understand making an example of him, but what is the point after the rule no longer exists? They proved their point, and there is no more point to the point. Going back on the decision costs them nothing. Most young people will like it. Some old people will not. I think this is an easy choice, TBH.

VN Store

Back