Mandatory Minimums

Why should selling drugs prevent you from voting?

Do you believe speeding tickets should be the same?

I simply don't see the correlation. what does committing a crime have to do with your right to vote or own a gun for that matter.

you stated felons should be allowed to vote, you didn't specifiy those convicted of drug dealing

Last I knew speeding tickets aren't felonies.... If you're a convicted felon..... You're a criminal.... As a result you've forgeited your right to vote. You want to vote? Don't be s felon..... Or be on the government welfare train

but that requires personal responsibility.......and that's racist

Reactions: 3 people
I am really glad both sides are working on this issue. Win-win in terms of financial and personal cost

It'll never happen because in a ton of states, the prison is the biggest employer in the county. That's the way they want it.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep the liberal states of Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas have 3 strike laws.

We would not have such laws if Republicans could only win enough seats to control the state legislature in those states.

Bill Clinton...

And the first true ones passed in the conservative hotbeds of California and Washington State....

Reactions: 2 people
Does the fact that prison doesn't act as a deterrent not register with people anymore? I mean that is a pretty sad reflection of our society.

you stated felons should be allowed to vote, you didn't specifiy those convicted of drug dealing

Why should any felony result in you losing voting privileges?

But I could compromise on allowing non violent felons to keep all rights.

Dont have pot then. Easy. I would say it would be a problem if addiction was involved but I know the pot mafia says addiction isn't a thing.

And dude..he had 5 pounds of pot..5 pounds.

Little excessive for personal use and he qualified for the trafficking felony. No tears shed here.

No tears shed for a man that had his life ruined because he had plants in his possession. :good!:

I'd love to hear your view on prohibition....

Understanding the difference between malum prohibitum laws and malum in se laws are critical if this nation is to continue.

Why should a non violent felony prohibit that person from owning a gun?

I agree. I said all rights. Gun ownership, voting, etc.

Honestly, after a probationary period I feel that even violent felons should be allowed to own weapons.

Part of something being a felony means that you do more than serve jail time, you forfeit your rights. There are consequences to your actions. Until they aren't a crime maybe, and hang on for this mind blowing knowledge I'm about to drop, maybe, just maybe people should just not break the law. I know that could be asking a bit too much for people nowadays but hey one can dream right?

And most drug felonies are felonies because of quantity in possession, manufacture, and trafficking. Your average drug arrest isn't going to be a felony but a misdemeanor.

No one is saying consequences shouldn't exist. The question is what consequences should exist?

Calm down, everyone! The Muslims are coming to take over and enact Shira law...that will put some real teeth into the "Three Strikes" laws.

They don't send three-peat offenders to jail, they just remove them from society...For ever!

Calm down, everyone! The Muslims are coming to take over and enact Shira law...that will put some real teeth into the "Three Strikes" laws.

They don't send three-peat offenders to jail, they just remove them from society...For ever!

Careful now, our conservative friends may believe you. Most of them have been living in fear of this for years now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1
Yep the liberal states of Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas have 3 strike laws.

We would not have such laws if Republicans could only win enough seats to control the state legislature in those states.

You forgot California, Vermont Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, Wisconsin, and most recently Massachusetts

Another major issue is sending a guy to jail for 20 years or more because he had a beer or a joint while on probation

You forgot California, Vermont Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, Wisconsin, and most recently Massachusetts

No I did not forget those states. I was pointing out that the GOP are just a dumb and bad as the Dems.

The only true difference in the Democrats and Republicans is who they take money from. Both parties are scum, IMO.

VN Store

Back