Malzahn to the NFL?

Who said it was his dream? And I've never claimed spurrier has to listen to me. Why are you so upset over me saying spurrier would have been better off staying at UF?

You should probably seek professional help.

Just proving you wrong and why some people leave their comfort zone. Since you can't defend yourself you've started making claims about me having problems. Nice defer of the actual topic.

Reactions: 3 people
Just proving you wrong and why some people leave their comfort zone. Since you can't defend yourself you've started making claims about me having problems. Nice defer of the actual topic.

Defend myself against what? It's a simple fact that he would have been better off at Florida. It's a much better job.

And I'm telling you that you have problems because you can't respond to someone who has a different opinion about what Spurrier should have done without lacing each of your posts with insults. It's sad really.

Reactions: 1 person
He wouldn't be a bad candidate for the Falcons job. I think Adam Gase offensive coordinator of the Broncos in the first candidate Arthur Blank has in mind however.

Defend myself against what? It's a simple fact that he would have been better off at Florida. It's a much better job.

And I'm telling you that you have problems because you can't respond to someone who has a different opinion about what Spurrier should have done without lacing each of your posts with insults. It's sad really.

I never once insulted you. It's sad really that you want to pretend I did.

He wouldn't be a bad candidate for the Falcons job. I think Adam Gase offensive coordinator of the Broncos in the first candidate Arthur Blank has in mind however.

Why is that - the Falcons can still win the putrid NFC South

Why is that - the Falcons can still win the putrid NFC South

The word going around is Arthur has his mind made up to make a change even if the Falcons win the NFC South. He's po'ed in a major way about two losing seasons in a row.

Wouldn't have happened.

Something we can never prove. Just like had Spurrier been too afraid to leave his comfort zone, he'd never know if his scheme would work in the NFL, or if the NFL business like approach was even something he would enjoy.

How long has Saban been at Alabama? Richt at UGA? Spurrier at USC?

All 3 of them would probably be the longest tenured coaches in the NFL.

Great examples, not for you though.

Saban and Spurrier failed miserably in the league and still came back to Cush jobs in the SEC. Malzahn should go.

Florida is a better job. However he had already win a NC. He admitted that his plan was to go to the Skins, coach 5-6 years then retire at the beach and pay golf. He failed at the plan. Failure meant that he only made $10 million dollars and went back to a school that paid him about as much Florida plus gave him membership at the most prestigious golf club in the world. He has had the accomplishment of taking a historically mediocre team and made them relevant.

If he stays at Florida he wins maybe one or two more NCs but no way is he making that $10 million in two years plus he has the pressure and hassle of Florida.

So the question is if you've already won a NC, would you take another NC and $2-3 million or potentially a losing record in the NFL and $10-15 million? Almost everyone is taking option 2.

Kentucky?

At least UK has been to the Orange,Sugar and Cotton Bowls. Something that Vandy has never done. Vandy can claim National Championships for 1906 and 1911. Vandy went 8-1 both seasons and the Billingsley Report-Poll voted them National Champions.

I never said it destroyed him, but he would have been wiser to just stay at UF

He was going to leave UF anyway. there is more to the story than just going to the NFL, we was upset about something at UF at the time. But not sure exactly what, he has alluded to it in the past but has never came right out and said what it was.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back