Make or Break game.. Georgia, not Florida

Florida living rent free in our heads. That seems to be the game everyone is locked in on here.

A win against Florida brings on a week of jubilation and celebration. A week where that victory could be a huge distraction.

The next Saturday they land between the hedges to a team that has a new "super" coach (Saban clone), a team that got embarrassed by blowing a 21 point lead in 2015, a team whose Heisman hopeful blew his knee out in Neyland stadium..

UGA will be motivated and it will be a hostile environment.

This game could very well be harder than Bama.

I'm not worried about Georgia cause I keep reading on here that Smart is "just another Muschamp," that he will fall flat on his face, and never be the HC Mark Richt was. :eek:lol:

If we beat Florida we will not lose a game this year. We lose to Florida and the same thing that happened last year will happen and we will come out uninspired against Georgia and will lose. That would carry over and we would probably lose to A&M and definitely Bama. Florida is the game that will make or break the season and will determine how much confidence we have the rest of the season. The Florida game is the definition of make or break.

Reactions: 1 person
If we beat Florida we will not lose a game this year. We lose to Florida and the same thing that happened last year will happen and we will come out uninspired against Georgia and will lose. That would carry over and we would probably lose to A&M and definitely Bama. Florida is the game that will make or break the season and will determine how much confidence we have the rest of the season. The Florida game is the definition of make or break.

The only issue with Fl is the streak. Other than that Fl will get blasted by the Vols.

Getting old.. We get it you believe in Smart...

Hop has a point, think about it. Most are just thinking that Smart is not going to be that good based mostly on speculation. Now he may end up terrible but thats not a guarantee. Georgia has a very talented roster so its not like Smart is walking into to anything near what Butch walked into.

Hop has a point, think about it. Most are just thinking that Smart is not going to be that good based mostly on speculation. Now he may end up terrible but thats not a guarantee. Georgia has a very talented roster so its not like Smart is walking into to anything near what Butch walked into.

And Georgia's roster is only getting more talented. look at the class they are building now, with several very highly regarding recruits as heavy UGA leans. If we smash Georgia, we could reverse some of their momentum and maybe flip a couple.

For snicks and giggles, Kublanow was on some of the local ATL tv channels as the UGA player spokesperson on their opening day of practice. Guy has a pudgy face and that red dog hair, really want him physically diminished as a player this year when 120 rolls out of Athens.

Diminshed he_ _ !!! I wanna see him carried off on a stretcher this year!!!:thumbsup:

Getting old.. We get it you believe in Smart...

No you don't get it. My issue is the clown factor that is pushing the notion that Georgia is not, and will never be a success under the guy
when all the ingredients are in place long term for Georgia to dominate the East.

BTW, I don't know who you are. Sorry.:good!:

Watching the replay of the Georgia game last year, just saw the Tuttle hit again and makes me sick. Guy was trying to hold, and when he couldn't keep hold he launches at his knee. Believe me, I think our boys are gonna be fired up for this also.

Watching the replay of the Georgia game last year, just saw the Tuttle hit again and makes me sick. Guy was trying to hold, and when he couldn't keep hold he launches at his knee. Believe me, I think our boys are gonna be fired up for this also.

Same here. That was a total b***h move. Should have ended up with some sort of disciplinary action imo.

Smart wasn't hired to rebuild, he was hired to improve a consistent 10 win team and take them to the next level. If he can run a program, the talent is there. UGA is a big unknown right now.
I agree that Smart's role is as you describe. However, the entire staff there then is gone and replaced, those relationships built are gone. New people including Smart and new staff are in place and those relationships are starting, no way to know how solid they are or will be. Smart is unproven in his role as HC, it's an entirely different skill set, has different time requirements, and is completely different from anything he has actually done. Is it possible he puts it all together his first season? Of course it is possible, it's possible a sharknado rains a hammerhead down on your next birthday party. Is it likely with new a freshman QB never having taken an SEC snap, Chubb & Michel performing well, an OL that ended their year as the joke of the SEC benching supposed al SEC players, (how does Michel averaging over 5 ypc last season as a team go 4 straight games without a touchdown?) along with new staff challenges put it altogether this season? The answer is it is highly unlikely just as it is highly unlikely they whip the daylights out of one of the most experienced teams in the nation that returns starters at almost every position and took the defending national champs to within five points of a win at their house, the same NCs that blew that same UGA team out at Athens last year. UGA will be lucky to give us a ball game this year IMO. Will Smart put it together at UGA? He can, it is possible, but he's never been a head coach, time will tell.

I hate Florida, that effing 11 game streak and our whole losing history to the Gators as much as anybody on the planet. However......I'd take 11-1 with that 1 loss being to Florida all day everyday if that landed us in the SECCG, which I think it would.

Butch wont.

It's OK guys. The season is here. We don't need threads like this anymore.... Until next off season

No you don't get it. My issue is the clown factor that is pushing the notion that Georgia is not, and will never be a success under the guy
when all the ingredients are in place long term for Georgia to dominate the East.

maybe..but .. most smart asses cant stand each other.

Florida living rent free in our heads. That seems to be the game everyone is locked in on here.

A win against Florida brings on a week of jubilation and celebration. A week where that victory could be a huge distraction.

The next Saturday they land between the hedges to a team that has a new "super" coach (Saban clone), a team that got embarrassed by blowing a 21 point lead in 2015, a team whose Heisman hopeful blew his knee out in Neyland stadium..

UGA will be motivated and it will be a hostile environment.

This game could very well be harder than Bama.

Harder? Maybe. More critical to the season and program than a win over UF at home? Not a chance.

If UF beats UT then they're probably at worse a 6-2 SEC team. Their schedule as SEC schedules go.... is VERY easy.

UGA replaces much of their front 7 and their QB on D. Chubb returns from a serious knee injury and Michel has a broken arm.

We will beat UF and it's very important psychologically but UGA will be a more competitive game and thus a tougher fight. Really need to win both and some of the pressure is relieved.

Our kids know they are better than the Gators this year and I dint think it's close. Add the fact it's in Knoxville combined with the extra motivation and sour taste you get a group of eager and relentless young men.

Need to bring the A game to Athens and not get too big for our britches. If they are truly focused we get that W as well.

Last edited:
CONFIDENCE.....ATTITUDE...TONE....CRED....all at stake!

It's a home game and a MUST WIN....We must CRUSH the gators at home with a rockin' Neyland!!!

We have to get that monkey off of our backs....we've been better than them the last 2 or 3 years and COACHING has been the problem more than the players.....

Coaches need to prove (to the team and to the RECRUITS out there watching) that they can LEAD US to elite status again....

The losing streak to Fla SCREAMS that we're always gonna be 2nd tier...and marred in mediocrity!

I hate UGA....but we can afford a loss on the road in the SEC more than a home loss to the gators!

GO VOLS! :salute:

It's ok you don't need to know who i am.. But you keep saying the same thing bout Georgia, I really agree with BOT on yes Smart is walking in on a much better situation with Georgia than Butch did with Tennessee but my mind will be made up with time on Smart.. He's gonna be a head coach not a asst anymore so let's see how he handles the pressure..

We will beat UF and it's very important psychologically but UGA will be a more competitive game and thus a tougher fight. Really need to win both and some of the pressure is relieved.

Our kids know they are better than the Gators this year and I dint think it's close. Add the fact it's in Knoxville combined with the extra motivation and sour taste you get a group of eager and relentless young men.

Need to bring the A game to Athens and not get too big for our britches. If they are truly focused we get that W as well.
Member tho two that the Vols had motorvation after the third seventh and ten loss. This maybe the year the motovation works.

VN Store

Back