Mad respect for St. Peter's...

this is how you handle yourself as a man and as a coach. Having a player apologize at the press conference shows character. Would let my kids play for this kind of dude any day of the week...

I hate when Barnes risks injury up 30, but when I watch this stuff I see why he does it. He gives the other team his best game out of respect, and expects it in return. It’s old school, but there’s still an appreciative place in the game for it. Love to see this stuff, St. Peter’s is a classy bunch.

I hate when Barnes risks injury up 30, but when I watch this stuff I see why he does it. He gives the other team his best game out of respect, and expects it in return. It’s old school, but there’s still an appreciative place in the game for it. Love to see this stuff, St. Peter’s is a classy bunch.
Their coach mentioned the respect he saw from UT in how they had obviously prepared for playing StP. It means something

What's your problem
No problem. I’m just asking a question. The young man allowed the emotions to get the best of him. It happens and hopefully he will learn from it. He apologized which is the first step and hopefully he will think twice (on and/or off the court) before acting on emotion.

No problem. I’m just asking a question. The young man allowed the emotions to get the best of him. It happens and hopefully he will learn from it. He apologized which is the first step and hopefully he will think twice (on and/or off the court) before acting on emotion.
Enjoy the game tonight go vols

Reactions: vol94 and Lankykong
What's your problem
I think the point you're missing is that he realized his behavior was wrong, he apologized for it, and that should be respected by our team, coaches, and fans. There's no need to throw it in reverse and back over him again just to draw more attention to the very thing he apologized for. In today's age, what he did, presumably unprompted, was the definition of class. Let it be.

I think the point you're missing is that he realized his behavior was wrong, he apologized for it, and that should be respected by our team, coaches, and fans. There's no need to throw it in reverse and back over him again just to draw more attention to the very thing he apologized for. In today's age, what he did, presumably unprompted, was the definition of class. Let it be.
Ok got it👍

Reactions: vol94
I appreciated the Coach and players comments. With that being said, when you are pushing, solving, grabbing jersey's - all of those things are uncalled for. You have to be able to lose with dignity and control your emotions. i thought overall they played dirty throughout the game, it wasnt limited to one or two incidents. I would hope that if our team did things like that Coach Barnes would address it during the game.

this is how you handle yourself as a man and as a coach. Having a player apologize at the press conference shows character. Would let my kids play for this kind of dude any day of the week...

Not trying to berate anyone purposefully, but this is the exact opposite of how Pearl handled his situation. Instead, Pearl complains and blames. The Auburn player thrown out should have been confronted and corrected earlier in the year. Instead, he cost his teammates an important game.

VN Store

Back