Macbook Pro

I enjoy Macs for very specific usages such as audio and at one time they were just smoking fast with Adobe products.

I think my Apple TV because of how seamless it works with my other devices. Airplay is the key feature to me. However, I always tell my friends that aren't Apple users to get a Roku though.

I am looking forward to whatever Apple announces with the ATV soon.

I don't really stream from my iPad and to me I find it just as easy to have movies on portable drive and play them in the roku rather than load them in iTunes and stream that way. I do use the Apple TV but just not on the main TV. Both of them are soooooo much better than my fire stick though.

I enjoy Macs for very specific usages such as audio and at one time they were just smoking fast with Adobe products.

It's about to get even faster. Apple announced its incorporating their Metal graphics software into OSX. Adobe said it was increasing performance by as much as 8x!

Sorry i haven't visited the thread since i made it. My mom passed away.

Anyways back to the topic. I am amazed with this computer. It has become my main pc. It's plenty powerful to do everything i need and then some. It's worth the investment. I am not rich or anything. I just saved up. Some of my friends have told me I'm crazy for spending that much. I laugh back at them for watching $1000 dollar tv's and driving $30,000 cars but complain about the price of a macbook that will last for years and also hold it's value. Apparently they aren't bothered by the anti-virus running all the time on there windows 8 pc's. I hate windows.

I like Macs but Iphones are a complete joke. And yes ive had one and no im not a fanboy.

Android phones irritate me. Mine was so sluggish while typing. It was very glitchy. Ive had about 4 different androids. A Samsung galaxy 5, HTC and a couple of motorola's. My iPhone is smooth as butter. I never have any issues with it being glitchy or sluggish while typing. Apple just works.

Getting ready to purchase either a Macbook Air or Pro since I'm going back to school...is the main difference the size (weight) and the screen resolution?

The latest Macbook Air has an SSD thats twice as fast as the previous models. The Air has 4gb of ram where as the Pro has 8gb of ram. In my opinion the screen on the Air is good. If i had not found a great deal for mine, i would have been happy with the Air. In my opinion it is powerful enough for school and more. It is also lighter than the pro. The battery life is also better than the Pro. I think i would get the air for school. I hope that helps some.

Either way you won't be disappointed.

Android phones irritate me. Mine was so sluggish while typing. It was very glitchy. Ive had about 4 different androids. A Samsung galaxy 5, HTC and a couple of motorola's. My iPhone is smooth as butter. I never have any issues with it being glitchy or sluggish while typing. Apple just works.

I 2nd this.

Nope the original; well not the original original - that was a 256kb. Mine was a 1 mb; no hard drive machine. Bought an extra external floppy reader and had a bag I could carry the whole thing in.

I upgraded to an SE30 - cost $3500! (late 80s)

Had several other since.

I inherited my brother's SE30 (he's nine years older) and it was still a cool machine then.

Random sidebar: You should weigh in on my Career Change thread. I think I remember reading on here that you have a career I'm considering pursuing. I'm curious to get your expertise/advice.

Back to your regularly scheduled Mac thread...

Apple is a great tool for running Windows. Almost as good as Toshiba.

(Someone had to do it)

Coming out of left field for sure....

My Macbook Pro's keyboard and mouse no longer work at all. The Power button works on the keyboard, but that's it. Even when I press the caps lock key, it doesn't light up.

I was told my UT sticker is the issue, but I call poppycock on that.

I currently am using a bluetooth magic mouse 2 and a USB keyboard to keep the lights on. I have reset the PRAM and SMC. I had to utilize the USB keyboard to accomplish this task as utilizing the native keyboard was unsuccessful. Currently running OS Sierra and installed the latest security update 10.12.6 on Sunday and it's been wonky ever since. I was able to reset a few times and got it working again, but today has been a different story. Sucker has been unresponsive today.

I'm currently on site with a client and their tech support won't help me because ya know, BS contracts and all. I can't make a Genius Bar until at the earliest Friday afternoon.

Anyone have any suggestions? I feel like since I can't reset the PRAM/SMC without utilizing a USB keyboard that means I'm having a major hardware failure, but I'm hoping I'm wrong....

VN Store

Back