Lyle, where my bricks?

This is heartless, and as human beings we can't do this to one another. This is very much akin to bullying.

The man did his best and failed. Most all of us know what that feels like.

Treat others how you would like to be treated, just my opinion.

This is heartless, and as human beings we can't do this to one another. This is very much akin to bullying.

Like I said several posts ago, we unfortunately have Vols fans in love with hating.

Good grief. Sounds like a little light hearted fun to me.

You are right. Dude could be a good coach one day. Was close here but it didnt work out.

Not terribly funny or creative. Meh. Let's move on.

That said - should we have sympathy for Jones? Naaah. He is in a show business profession. He is a public figure. He made millions here and walked away to a coaching rehab job.

Comes with the territory. Suck it up, buttercup. This is a rough industry.

He did his best and failed and put blame on the press, fans , players, other coaches....everyone except himself

He is still being paid! He failed us! Sorry , but don't feel sorry. I have moved on though. We have a football coach that is not afraid to play to win.

Reactions: Alto1
Sort of sad in a way, but unfortunately Lyle will always be a punchline in the eyes of many vol fans. That said, GBO BEAT BAMA!!!!!!

Agree. You've got to have a special kind of thick skin to be a high level P5 head football coach. It's easy enough to say "they're making millions and knew what they were getting into", but at the end of the day, I'd imagine it's real tough on coach and families, and you either unnecessarily take it to heart, or get really jaded when things go south. That being said, I'm also pretty sure those annuity checks go a long way to making you feel better.

Reactions: tbones0711

You can treat me any way you please after you pay my buy-out. He's not chopping much off of it by hanging around Tuscaloosa

Reactions: sona and Donvolson
You can treat me any way you please after you pay my buy-out. He's not chopping much off of it by hanging around Tuscaloosa
agree. the way he treated people at Tennessee was criminal . he gets what he deserves as a : 2 start heart , failure of life in his maturation process of being a non coach. He'll be back at a lower level school after coaching rehab

Reactions: sona and TrentVol
We should be heckling him , not bama. It hurts me to admit how close he was to succeeding. I know I just saw the most rushing yards since 1951 in 2015 and the most points scored in 2016. He literally did not have enough connections to hire a real OC or DC and was de-funded by the power that be. He was also a total jerk. Lied to us, the players , the boosters even the services who rate high school players. He doesn't need anymore bricks. He is a brick head.

Reactions: TrentVol

VN Store

Back