LV Non- Conference Schedule

Joke schedule

What makes you say that? A joke schedule would be the schedule Maryland played last year.. cupcakes all across the board.. please remember that the ladyvols play in the SEC. One of the, if not best conferences in the nation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Gotta disagree. This is not very weak nor weak at all. We are 0-2 against Beach at their place, IIRC.
I think it's a smart schedule by Holly. It's only weak when compared with past schedules.

For a team that finished last year ranked 32, it's a good schedule. Lots of cupcakes early so that the new players who will be forced to play can be eased in and get experience without suffering early losses against better competition.

The difficult games will come later in the year. The amount of success will depend on how well the new players acclimate to D1 ball.

Scheduling a difficult OOC as in the past, could have been a disaster. This schedule gives the LVs the best chance for success IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
& they will be completely creamed by the Bruins in pauley pavillion. Kim really upsets me with the cupcake schedule when she doesnt have any of the Top players . Like she doesnt have faith in her team.

Reactions: 1 person
For anyone complaining about four schedule being to loaded with cupcakes... check out Baylor's they may play one top 25 team out of conference ... wow

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/bay-w-baskbl-sched.html

Don't forget South Florida. And at least Kentucky is usually a top 25 team, even if they will be significantly weaker next year.

Outside of these three teams, the rest of the schedule is predictably bad. I wonder who they will Winthrop next season?

But this doesn't mean that Tennessee's schedule isn't also loaded with cupcakes.

Last edited:
What makes you say that? A joke schedule would be the schedule Maryland played last year.. cupcakes all across the board.. please remember that the ladyvols play in the SEC. One of the, if not best conferences in the nation.[/QUOTE]
I think you hit it with "one of the." Ranked 4th best conference.

Per Sagarin:
1. PAC 12
2. B1G 12
3. ACC
4. SEC

Baylor is playing 3 OOC top 25 teams, same as Tennessee. Right?

5 Notre Dame
12 UCLA
16 Kentucky

Are they playing ND? I don't see that.

No way UK will be top 16 preseason. Lost too much. But USF should be top 25.

Are they playing ND? I don't see that.

No way UK will be top 16 preseason. Lost too much. But USF should be top 25.

The thread's premise was end of last year. ND is actually North Dakota, scratch that one off the list. Sorry.

The thread's premise was end of last year. ND is actually North Dakota, scratch that one off the list. Sorry.

Forgiven, but isn't that a mistake that just proves the point? ND on Baylor's schedule is much more likely to be North Dakota than Notre Dame.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't forget South Florida. And at least Kentucky is usually a top 25 team, even if they will be significantly weaker next year.

Outside of these three teams, the rest of the schedule is predictably bad. I wonder who they will Winthrop next season?

But this doesn't mean that Tennessee's schedule isn't also loaded with cupcakes.

It may not be the schedule of old but 10 of the 13 OOC opponents reached post season last year. With about a third being in the top 25...

Last edited:
Baylor is playing 3 OOC top 25 teams, same as Tennessee. Right?

5 Notre Dame
12 UCLA
16 Kentucky

TN is playing Notre Dame, Stanford, Texas, AND Marquette who was in the top 25. So about a third of TN schedule is playing teams who were in top 25.

& they will be completely creamed by the Bruins in pauley pavillion. Kim really upsets me with the cupcake schedule when she doesnt have any of the Top players . Like she doesnt have faith in her team.

Welcome to the board :hi:

Welcome to the board :hi:

thank you governmentmule !!! Glad to be here , ive been following the board for quite a while now just took forever for the invitation activation email . Started my LV fanatic lifestyle back in 97 when the W formed. The Meek's made me a FFL! :air_kiss::air_kiss:

Last year (2016-2017), Massey rated Baylor's schedule as #13 and Tennessee's as #16.

You don't consider Kalani Brown as one of the country's top players? Her development was incredible last season (not to mention Lauren Cox and Natalie Chou).

Last year (2016-2017), Massey rated Baylor's schedule as #13 and Tennessee's as #16.

You don't consider Kalani Brown as one of the country's top players? Her development was incredible last season (not to mention Lauren Cox and Natalie Chou).

Is Massey the only thing you went by? Just curious? Also Baylor isn't playing UCONN or Ohio St, or TN or DePaul this year to help with its schedule ? Plus outside of Texas and maybe WV the Big 12 isn't going to provide a particularly strong conference schedule.

Last edited:

No i do not , Kalani brown is a very good player and maybe Top 10 in the country being the latter , but no i do not consider her as one of the country's best "Yet" She was big for baylor last season but you could say the same for Teairra McCowan also and shes not one of the country's best Yet neither.

1. Aja
2. Gabby
3. Kelsey
4. KLS
5. Russell
6. Brianna Turner
7. Durr
8. Jordin Canada
9. Napheesa Collier
10. Kalani Brown*or T. Mccowan Or Azura

And they crack the top 10 only due to DD being M.I.A. from the college game now.

I think it's a smart schedule by Holly. It's only weak when compared with past schedules.

For a team that finished last year ranked 32, it's a good schedule. Lots of cupcakes early so that the new players who will be forced to play can be eased in and get experience without suffering early losses against better competition.

The difficult games will come later in the year. The amount of success will depend on how well the new players acclimate to D1 ball.

Scheduling a difficult OOC as in the past, could have been a disaster. This schedule gives the LVs the best chance for success IMO.
I agree, it was a huge part of Miss States run last year. The long undefeated streak built a swagger and jelled the team

No i do not , Kalani brown is a very good player and maybe Top 10 in the country being the latter , but no i do not consider her as one of the country's best "Yet" She was big for baylor last season but you could say the same for Teairra McCowan also and shes not one of the country's best Yet neither.

1. Aja
2. Gabby
3. Kelsey
4. KLS
5. Russell
6. Brianna Turner
7. Durr
8. Jordin Canada
9. Napheesa Collier
10. Kalani Brown*or T. Mccowan Or Azura

And they crack the top 10 only due to DD being M.I.A. from the college game now.

# 6. Brianna Turner is hurt and may not play this year, I would replace her with Kelsey Mitchell

VN Store

Back