Luck and Wilson looked like garbage today

Luck has underwhelmed in the postseason thus far. There's quite a few parallels between his career and Manning the first few years.

Luck has underwhelmed in the postseason thus far. There's quite a few parallels between his career and Manning the first few years.

Year one they list first round
Year two the won one game
Year three they won two games

If winning is all that matters then I would think he's getting better.

Reactions: 1 person

There are parallels, and it seems underwhelming on the surface, but what if our expectations are too high? What if the Colts aren't that good and had no business being in the AFCCG? That would make Luck an over-achiever.

Manning has by far the most in NFL history, with 11 12-win seasons (aside from Brady). The Pats have had a better 14 year run than any team ever, and Brady only has 9 12-win seasons. I don't think it's likely a result of him having better teams than Brady. I think it's pretty safe to say Manning was a regular season over-achiever, which made him look like a playoff choker.

Leading the league in TDs in his third year, third in passing yards, most ever passing yards by any QB in his first 3 years in the post season, going to playoffs all 3 years of his career, one of those being conf championship game, winning the division twice. Not to mention he has still not had a good D, no running game and poor O line. Yeap very underwhelming

There are parallels, and it seems underwhelming on the surface, but what if our expectations are too high? What if the Colts aren't that good and had no business being in the AFCCG? That would make Luck an over-achiever.

Manning has by far the most in NFL history, with 11 12-win seasons (aside from Brady). The Pats have had a better 14 year run than any team ever, and Brady only has 9 12-win seasons. I don't think it's likely a result of him having better teams than Brady. I think it's pretty safe to say Manning was a regular season over-achiever, which made him look like a playoff choker.

I think we are on the same page in all of this. Saying he has underwhelmed so far doesn't necessarily fall all on him.

He has taken a franchise and put them on his back (much like Manning did) and taken a team with a below average run game and mediocre defense further than they could have expected to go. It's amazing how similar Manning and Luck are in this aspect. They are then considered "chokers" when in fact they are overachievers like you say.

Also, I was going off the top of my head, but I beleieve their TD/INT ratio is similar between the 2 for the first few postseasons. Just interesting is all I was saying.

You put Luck on the Seahawks and he would be doing the same thang maybe better..

Probably. I have never questioned Lucks ability. I only stated that Wilson is more than a game manager, and deserves to be in the top 10 qb conversation. He's earned it.

And that's exactly what has happened. Without him, the Colts are basically the Titans.

Leading the league in TDs in his third year, third in passing yards, most ever passing yards by any QB in his first 3 years in the post season, going to playoffs all 3 years of his career, one of those being conf championship game, winning the division twice. Not to mention he has still not had a good D, no running game and poor O line. Yeap very underwhelming

If I was Luck, I'd seriously consider going somewhere else. Pagano is a good coach but the gm and owner are a joke.

If I was Luck, I'd seriously consider going somewhere else. Pagano is a good coach but the gm and owner are a joke.

They are about to make him the highest paid player in NFL history. I don't even think Pagano is a good coach, but I do agree on Irsay and Grigson. Grigson traded for Richardson that was a bust, he picked Werner, he sucks. Grigson should not have a job, Pagano can go with him also.

It is an absolute fact that if Cam Newton would have thrown four interceptions but still won a playoff game, the media would be all over him.
Somehow Wilson gets an endless hall-pass.

They are about to make him the highest paid player in NFL history. I don't even think Pagano is a good coach, but I do agree on Irsay and Grigson. Grigson traded for Richardson that was a bust, he picked Werner, he sucks. Grigson should not have a job, Pagano can go with him also.

Why make 25 million/year and get your head bashed in by the elite nfl teams? I'd rather make $20 million/year and find a team that has a better shot at winning championships. You could probably get close to making up the difference with endorsements.

Why make 25 million/year and get your head bashed in by the elite nfl teams? I'd rather make $20 million/year and find a team that has a better shot at winning championships. You could probably get close to making up the difference with endorsements.

Probably so, but I don't see any chance he would leave nor would they allow it. I will say Grigson/Pagano have been put on notice, Grigson probably has a short leash at this point.

It is an absolute fact that if Cam Newton would have thrown four interceptions but still won a playoff game, the media would be all over him.

Cam Newton doesn't have a Super Bowl ring. He gets one of those, he gets more of a pass.

Apples to oranges.

Last I checked Wilson has two Super Bowl appearances, lead Seahawks to their first Super Bowl win.
Also you play to win the game he proved productive when needed the most including a game winning td pass in overtime vs the packers.

Yeah I am. Luck has proven to be a great qb but he's not elite.

When has Luck beaten the patriots?
Last I checked 0-4 none were watchable games as all were blowouts losing by more than 21 points , this includes two playoff losses to the patriots the last two seasons.
He has thrown more ints than tds in the playoffs.
Even at home the colts still royally suck vs the patriots along with luck not able to keep up.

For the so called he's the greatest qb from Jim Fassel, or could be the greatest qb when all is said and done from Chuck he didn't become the first qb to make it 2 Super Bowls in 2 of his first three nfl season that's Russell Wilson.

Oh the afc championship loss to the patriots was the second worst colts playoff loss, and highest margin of win for patriots in their playoffs history.
How does he follow up the sports illustrated cover, and Jim saying he's Michael Jordan on he royally sucks vs the patriots proving it was a fools gold win over the chiefs.

Yeah I am. Luck has proven to be a great qb but he's not elite.

When has Luck beaten the patriots?
Last I checked 0-4 none were watchable games as all were blowouts losing by more than 21 points , this includes two playoff losses to the patriots the last two seasons.
He has thrown more ints than tds in the playoffs.
Even at home the colts still royally suck vs the patriots along with luck not able to keep up.

For the so called he's the greatest qb from Jim Fassel, or could be the greatest qb when all is said and done from Chuck he didn't become the first qb to make it 2 Super Bowls in 2 of his first three nfl season that's Russell Wilson.

Oh the afc championship loss to the patriots was the second worst colts playoff loss, and highest margin of win for patriots in their playoffs history.
How does he follow up the sports illustrated cover, and Jim saying he's Michael Jordan on he royally sucks vs the patriots proving it was a fools gold win over the chiefs.

What you're saying is that the Colts aren't an elite team, which is true. But Luck is very much an elite QB.

What you're saying is that the Colts aren't an elite team, which is true. But Luck is very much an elite QB.

Colts haven't beaten the cream of the crop patriots.
Also Luck hasn't gotten the colts to a Super Bowl.
Do both of those things I'll call him a elite qb until then he's a overrated qb.

The same qb they gets people believing much like the Dallas cowboys then let's you down.
You play to win the game and a 3-3 playoff record with more ints than tds does not say elite qb.
It says a mediocre playoff record, and he needs to stop turning the ball over to win more playoff games.

I understand just about all qbs are going to have one or two bad games where they look horrendous but how many did Luck have this season.
The colts got blown out in 3 regular season games and 1 in the playoffs.
They didn't keep up enough with the patriots in Indy, steelers demolished them scoring a record amount of points with luck not playing effective enough to make it a close game, and demolished by the boys not even able to score a garbage touchdown in a game that was never close.
But then showing he can do it even worse he scores one single td vs the patriots in the second biggest game of the season.

Colts haven't beaten the cream of the crop patriots.
Also Luck hasn't gotten the colts to a Super Bowl.
Do both of those things I'll call him a elite qb until then he's a overrated qb.

The same qb they gets people believing much like the Dallas cowboys then let's you down.
You play to win the game and a 3-3 playoff record with more ints than tds does not say elite qb.
It says a mediocre playoff record, and he needs to stop turning the ball over to win more playoff games.

I understand just about all qbs are going to have one or two bad games where they look horrendous but how many did Luck have this season.
The colts got blown out in 3 regular season games and 1 in the playoffs.
They didn't keep up enough with the patriots in Indy, steelers demolished them scoring a record amount of points with luck not playing effective enough to make it a close game, and demolished by the boys not even able to score a garbage touchdown in a game that was never close.
But then showing he can do it even worse he scores one single td vs the patriots in the second biggest game of the season.

I'm telling you his team sucks, and you keep throwing out statements that say his team sucks. I'm glad we agree. But if we're talking about actual quarterback play, Wilson is no Luck and probably never will be.

You must think pretty highly of Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman though, what with their Super Bowl appearances and all.

I'm telling you his team sucks, and you keep throwing out statements that say his team sucks. I'm glad we agree. But if we're talking about actual quarterback play, Wilson is no Luck and probably never will be.

You must think pretty highly of Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman though, what with their Super Bowl appearances and all.

Ok Andrew luck is a elite qb that makes the colts a very good team. Without him I imagine the colts would be the afc rams.

He doesn't have to be he's special in his own way. I doubt before he got to the nfl most people said Wilson is one tough son of gun and will prosper in the nfl even with a short height compared to most nfl qbs.

Something Luck can never say.

And Luck is no Joe Montana and probably never will be. By that I mean go 4-0 in Super Bowls.

No I really don't.

VN Store

Back