LSU's Coach

Unless your name is Hal Mumme, Guy Morri$$, or Joker Phillips.

Probably not a good idea for a UK fan to post on a thread making fun of any LSU team snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. #bluegrassmiracle!

Ever notice Les Miles isnt to bright either ?

too*

o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg

Last edited:
Reading through my Twitter feed this morning - I am begging you guys to never be the person to say "well he didn't miss those free throws, did he?" THAT IS COACHING. Or the fact that his best player did not attempt a single shot in the final ten minutes.

The only coach in major conference basketball that you could make even a slight case for being a worse in-game coach would be Leonard Hamilton at FSU, and even then I'd say no.

Coach Jones should be fired from LSU. He has done nothing in his tenure there. He has had some serious talent, especially this year. There is no reason LSU shouldn't be a NCAAT team yearly.

He has two studs on his team that will play in the NBA. This squad should of been a Sweet 16 team. If Jones can keep Martin and Mickey from going pro this year, then next season could be a very special year for them.

They have the #1 recruit in the nation Ben Simmons coming in next season. On paper with Mickey, Martin, and Simmons, that looks like a Elite 8 team to me at the least. Too bad they have a poor coach.

In 15 years of being a head coach, Jones has been at 3 different universities, and has only made the NCAAT 3 whole times. He has a overall record of 266-199. The man is a mediocre coach. He wasn't the right man for the job to begin with. It's my opinion that he was only hired because he played at LSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Coach Jones should be fired from LSU. He has done nothing in his tenure there. He has had some serious talent, especially this year. There is no reason LSU shouldn't be a NCAAT team yearly.

He has two studs on his team that will play in the NBA. This squad should of been a Sweet 16 team. If Jones can keep Martin and Mickey from going pro this year, then next season could be a very special year for them.

They have the #1 recruit in the nation Ben Simmons coming in next season. On paper with Mickey, Martin, and Simmons, that looks like a Elite 8 team to me at the least. Too bad they have a poor coach.

In 15 years of being a head coach, Jones has been at 3 different universities, and has only made the NCAAT 3 whole times. He has a overall record of 266-199. The man is a mediocre coach. He wasn't the right man for the job to begin with. It's my opinion that he was only hired because he played at LSU.

He has the #14 recruit coming in as well. No reason that team shouldn't at least make the Elite 8 next season.

He has the #14 recruit coming in as well. No reason that team shouldn't at least make the Elite 8 next season.

I wasn't aware of that. Who is the #14 recruit? Dang, that team will be loaded since they're bringing in two 5 star McDonald's All-Americans to go with what they already have. If Jones cant get the job done next year, then he never will, no matter where he's coaching at. LSU should be in consideration for preseason SEC favorites next season a long with UK, and Arkansas if Portis returns.

I wasn't aware of that. Who is the #14 recruit? Dang, that team will be loaded since they're bringing in two 5 star McDonald's All-Americans to go with what they already have. If Jones cant get the job done next year, then he never will, no matter where he's coaching at. LSU should be in consideration for preseason SEC favorites next season a long with UK, and Arkansas if Portis returns.

Antonio Blakeney, the #2 SG (5*), from Florida.

Of course, you realize that I just referenced the Kentucky coach who was responsible for giving up the Bluegrass Miracle, right? #IRONYISHARD

Probably not a good idea for a UK fan to post on a thread making fun of any LSU team snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. #bluegrassmiracle!

Reading through my Twitter feed this morning - I am begging you guys to never be the person to say "well he didn't miss those free throws, did he?" THAT IS COACHING. Or the fact that his best player did not attempt a single shot in the final ten minutes.

Go to the bball forum after any loss. People consistently say it's not a coaches fault that shots are missed, plays aren't executed, someone throws the ball away etc. My rebuttal is why do we have a coach who we pay millions of dollars to then if it's not his responsibility to correct/erase those mistakes.

Last edited:
Go to the bball forum after any loss. Peopl consistently say it's not a coaches fault that shots are missed, plays aren't executed, someone throws the ball away etc. My rebuttal is why do we have a coach who we pay millions of dollars to then if it's not his responsibility to correct/erase those mistakes.

I think its coaching when there is no execution and coaches don't prepare their teams for the moment. Sometimes the ball just doesn't go.in.

Go to the bball forum after any loss. Peopl consistently say it's not a coaches fault that shots are missed, plays aren't executed, someone throws the ball away etc. My rebuttal is why do we have a coach who we pay millions of dollars to then if it's not his responsibility to correct/erase those mistakes.

You left the 'e' off of people -- wait til Yankeevol sees that :shakehead:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back