LSU vs UF (7 PM, SEC Network)

Muschamp is a good DC, I would hire him as a DC. I liked both Jimbo and Muschamp when they were at LSU, I thought Jimbo was HC material, just don't think Muschamp is.

Agree whole heartedly on the coordinator aspect. Muschamp proved he could run a defense outside of Saban. Not a program though.

What Muschamp did at Texas has little to do with it. He learned from and was groomed by Saban for the most part, minus a few years at the FCS and D2 level. Same with Kirby. Every fanbase in the South has wanted to gobble up Saban assistants hoping they'll strike gold and I find it hard to believe a few AD's in this region haven't had it in the back of their minds as well, especially when they get a ringing endorsement from Saban himself.

Jimbo is a poor example as he spent years with the Bowden's before coming into contact with Saban and had spent a number of years at the BCS level already, plus he proved himself in their program as OC before being promoted. Same with McElwain, and he spent time in the NFL. D'antonio might fit the bill but even he had 10 yrs of actual coaching experience, excluding time as a GA, before he got to Saban. I'm referring to the young guys that Saban took a chance on and groomed from the get-go that have very little outside influences in their schemes, mentality, etc. Dooley, Smart and even Muschamp have/had that going for them.

I can say with absolute certainty that Foley will not hire Smart if he indeed lets Muschamp go. I'm not sure there's a UF fan who would disagree either. Foley may not say why Smart wouldn't be a candidate but if you hire one guy from a tree and it's a disaster you'd be hard pressed to go out and immediately hire the next guy from that tree.

Foley not hiring Hart nothing to do with Saban. I doubt Foley's next hire will be a DC.

everybody wants to hire muschamp as a dc fsu, auburn, lsu etc their all hoping they can get him

lets fire him now lol

its so much easier finding good dc's then oc's

plus on offense they always want to implement their system on defense you can just run the samething every yr and swap coordinators out

It's kinf of weird how good the defense is with the offensive minded coaches, based on their defensive hires, yet it hasn't worked nearly as well the other way around.

We had a pretty good offense when Fedora was our OC and Zook was HC, and some would argue it took Spurrier too long to seek out an elite DC like Bob Stoops back in the day.

As time passes it's clear Muschamp has his fingerprints on UF's offense much more than he should.

We had a pretty good offense when Fedora was our OC and Zook was HC, and some would argue it took Spurrier too long to seek out an elite DC like Bob Stoops back in the day.

As time passes it's clear Muschamp has his fingerprints on UF's offense much more than he should.

I've wondered if Brent Pease got shafted by going to UF.

stupid TE for Florida that dropped the easy TD at the end, must hate Driskel too...

I've wondered if Brent Pease got shafted by going to UF.

Pease didn't have the pedigree or resume IMO to warrant the job in the first place. Boise had gone through 2-3 OC's during Petersen's tenure and the offense rarely fell off. That was his offense regardless of who had the title.

Why would Muschamp affect looking at Smart? Because Muschamp was a DC? If they think the guy's a good up and coming coach, I'm not sure they'd pass looking at him just because he shared a similar coaching staff position as their last coach.

Yes I think it would have a major effect on the hiring of Smart. At least from a perception standpoint. I don't know how it couldn't . Kirby Smart is Will Muschamp 5-6 years ago. Maybe less. Foley has his work cut out for him, but he IMO is an excellent AD, although he may whiffed on CWM. However, they did go to a Sugar Bowl mad got whipped by a Big East school.

Yes I think it would have a major effect on the hiring of Smart. At least from a perception standpoint. I don't know how it couldn't . Kirby Smart is Will Muschamp 5-6 years ago. Maybe less. Foley has his work cut out for him, but he IMO is an excellent AD, although he may whiffed on CWM. However, they did go to a Sugar Bowl mad got whipped by a Big East school.

In hindsight Muschamp wasn't a bad hire at the time.

Foley sticking with Muschamp after the Georgia Southern game might prove to be a career mistake.

Dan Mullen

Curious to see if Mullen would go to Florida if offered. I'm sure the offer alone will be in the stratosphere, especially if he finishes as the SEC Champ or better this season. However, Florida has changed since Meyer and Mullen left. It's not a complete disaster or needing an overhaul, but it will require a lot of work.

Still, I'm not sold on the fact that he'd even leave Miss. State. Surely they have already started rewriting his contract and preparing for any offers that may come his way.

Curious to see if Mullen would go to Florida if offered. I'm sure the offer alone will be in the stratosphere, especially if he finishes as the SEC Champ or better this season. However, Florida has changed since Meyer and Mullen left. It's not a complete disaster or needing an overhaul, but it will require a lot of work.

Still, I'm not sold on the fact that he'd even leave Miss. State. Surely they have already started rewriting his contract and preparing for any offers that may come his way.

UF needs a solid QB and legitimate coach.

Everything falls into place after those two things happen.

Until then... :blink:

VN Store

Back