LSU / Arizona St game moved to Tempe

Wow!!

Suddenly a very tough game for LSU.

Interested to see about our game.

No kidding, they went from opening the season at home with a patsy to playing a ranked team on the road!

Possibly two in a row on the road... :cross:

This announcement Makes the LSU/UT game take on a different light as to where it's played

Just seen that myself, For some reason i do not believe we will play it in Knoxville. If LSU's stadium isnt open for the game, I think they pick a site better suited for LSU.
It does throw a twist to the entire meeting Sept 24th.

I would almost put money on the fact that the UT-LSU game will NOT be played in Knoxville.

I would bet more on Shreveport than Baton Rouge at THIS point, BUT I know LSU would rather play at home and that another few weeks to clear the area for a few hours.

I just wish they would make a decision, announce it, and be done with it.

Yeh, I'd say our staff would like to know. How will tickets work for Shreveport? Would it be like a Neutral site game, even number of tickets?

I just looked up Independance Stadium, and it only holds 48,949.

NO WAY they play that game there.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@Sep 5, 2005 9:17 PM
I just looked up Independance Stadium, and it only holds 48,949.

NO WAY they play that game there.
[snapback]137433[/snapback]​

My fellow fans are pretty steamed about this. I don't think they're scared of playing in Tempe, but word is this doesn't count as the home game for ASU in the home and away series, and that's just balls deep.

Me, I see this as a great opportunity. Suddenly, if we go to Tempe and win, it'll seem like an upset. ASU has had an opener warmup, and now they're taking us at Tempe. We've had no warmup, and are now forced to get our grip on hostile territory.

Man oh man. Who will question our might should we win?

Originally posted by Atreus21@Sep 5, 2005 10:22 PM
My fellow fans are pretty steamed about this.  I don't think they're scared of playing in Tempe, but word is this doesn't count as the home game for ASU in the home and away series, and that's just balls deep.

Me, I see this as a great opportunity.  Suddenly, if we go to Tempe and win, it'll seem like an upset.  ASU has had an opener warmup, and now they're taking us at Tempe.  We've had no warmup, and are now forced to get our grip on hostile territory. 

Man oh man.  Who will question our might should we win?
[snapback]137441[/snapback]​

I think they should have played in Dallas or Houston or San Antonio. All of those would have been big enough to hold the game, and a TRUE Neutral site.

Frankly, I think it's pretty assy to move the game that far away from Louisianna.

There is no way that those poor (double meaning after the current situation) are going to be able to travel that far.

I don't necessarily care if teh game is up here this year or not, I just don't want to have to play down there...As long as we get the game moved out of Tiger Stadium it will be a blessing.

God Bless and Go Vols
Run to the Roses

Originally posted by utvol0427@Sep 5, 2005 10:33 PM
I don't necessarily care if teh game is up here this year or not, I just don't want to have to play down there...As long as we get the game moved out of Tiger Stadium it will be a blessing.

God Bless and Go Vols
Run to the Roses
[snapback]137458[/snapback]​

Why would you say that?

I think it would be an HONOR to be part of the FIRST MAJOR EVENT in the area; something to really bring everyone together. I agree it would be hard to get there and back, and I don't know where if anywhere I would sleep since I am sure my reservations are gone, but that stuff doesn't matter.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@Sep 5, 2005 10:36 PM
Why would you say that?

I think it would be an HONOR to be part of the FIRST MAJOR EVENT in the area; something to really bring everyone together.  I agree it would be hard to get there and back, and I don't know where if anywhere I would sleep since I am sure my reservations are gone, but that stuff doesn't matter.
[snapback]137460[/snapback]​

I said that because it is one of the hardest places to play in the country...It might be a blessing to be part of the FIRST MAJOR EVENT in the area, but I don't want them to have home field advantage...We have to play at the Swamp the week before, so it would be a blessing not to have to play in Tiger Stadium.

God Bless and Go Vols
Run to the Roses

Originally posted by utvol0427@Sep 5, 2005 9:33 PM

God Bless and Go Vols
Run to the Roses
[snapback]137458[/snapback]​

Come now. Surely the mighty vols aren't scared of Death Valley. :crazy:

Originally posted by Atreus21@Sep 5, 2005 10:47 PM
Come now.  Surely the mighty vols aren't scared of Death Valley.  :crazy:
[snapback]137472[/snapback]​

Not scared of Death Valley just don't like the idea of having to play at two of the toughest stadiums in the country on back to back weeks...I also don't want to have to be around all those alcholic LSU fans.

God Bless and Go Vols
Run to the Roses

Death Valley on the coat tails of a rejuvinated Swamp scare me

I'm kind of ashamed of this, but I agree with utvol0427 here. Moving the game out of Baton Rouge definitley levels the playing field. I think somewhere in Mississippi would be a good place to play the game. Maybe Ole Miss or MSU have an offweek and could loan out their stadium?

I agree with Milo.
Hey Milo, are u ashamed now that you agree with me too???
:dance2:

I say if it can be played at LSU lets do it! Why wish for a lite road?
Our Vols enjoy being on the road more than any team in the country!
I dont know what CPF and staffs road speech is? But we play our best against the wall.

Big game, Im sure we're underdogs, away (where ever?) Just name the site asap so the LSU and UT fans that plan to make it, can prepare for the trip.

VN Store

Back