Loyola-Chicago Postgame Report

No, not at all. He had a great year but his team was nowhere near an NCAA bid. You have to have an AA type season to earn MVP when your team is mediocre

The award is for player of the year, not player on the best team of the year, even if that is how it's treated.

Maten did enough to earn it, but I understand why Grant won it. I just disagree with the idea that no one did enough to earn it, so it fell in Grant' s lap, which seems to be your suggestion.

The award is for player of the year, not player on the best team of the year, even if that is how it's treated.

Maten did enough to earn it, but I understand why Grant won it. I just disagree with the idea that no one did enough to earn it, so it fell in Grant' s lap, which seems to be your suggestion.

Maybe Maten should have won it. IMHO, Grant had too many bad games in SEC play to warrant such an award. He's not even our best player

These things are bias/popularity contests. I'm glad our guy won it but it doesn't mean he was the league's best player. Just means he won the award. Sometimes the best player wins it and sometimes they don't.

I don't put a ton of stock in these things but I'd rather we bring home the hardware vs not. Glad our guys cleaned up on the SEC awards.

Replay is on right now. LC broke TNs early 7-0 run when Walker's man was left open for an easy basket. I didn't notice it at the time, but Walker slipped on the wet floor on that play.

VN Store

Back