Losing Culture Can Change

That was definitely in the marketing brochure for JP. I'll believe it until I see otherwise. Why suffer believing reality, uh I mean being negative.
No negative my friend. This is the reality that I believe in. Pruitt isn’t going into the season to lay down for nobody, he has already said that. The culture has changed from day 1 when he was hired. We’ll see it on the field, weight room, and off the field. A new competition has arrived in the SEC.:good!::yes:

And I bet he has his staff already studying West Virginia. I believe Pruitt prepares early for the schedule already. I bet after Feb. the 7th, he’ll already have his ideas of where everyone will stand. He did say he will study film on all of his players coming back. In a picture with recruits, he already had Warrior and others standing behind them. That tells me that he knows already what he is going to do on defense. He isn’t just working on recruiting right now, he is working and studying the players out, and he is getting that feel of them now.

Reactions: 2 people
I’ll even go as far to say this: I bet Philip Fulmer has even been asked to help in breaking down film with him on the players, teams, and other stuff with the staff. Fulmer has already been out helping on the recruiting trail with the staff, so that tells me that he is secretly helping this staff and Pruitt. Fulmer was very good at breaking down other teams on film. He had his players prepared for a game during the week. Pruitt did say that he talks to Fulmer when he needs help or needs something from him. That right there is an A.D. for ya.

The Change has to occur at the top, The Governor, The Chancellor, The President, Then all Deans and administrators have to make the changes and lead the way. The changes that Jimmy Cheeks made starting about 12 years ago put Tenn athletics at a disadvantage to other schools. Disagree all you want but look at Tenns overall sports performance over the last 12 years and other than an occasional good blip, show me the consistent winning many Vol fans were used to or expected.. Not asking for anymore from them than doing what Tenns competition does. If Vandy, LSU, Aub, UGA, USC KY, UA do it, why cant we? Nothing more, nothing less.
Dr Johnson used to say that UT was many things more than sports, But the Sports teams were the front porch of the school and thats what people see and judge us on.

Reactions: 4 people
Vols situation not so different that Jags. Coughlin came in...former coach with with tough mindset that helped set the vision, and Marrone formulated and executed the plan. I do believe same opportunity exists for quicker turn around than most think w/ Fulmer and Pruitt. We're not devoid of talent...but of structured discipline towards fundamentals and a common vision.

Reactions: 1 person
The change happened when our admin finally rejected Haslam's influence by firing Currie and replacing him with Fulmer instead of another puppet.

I think the root reason we've been in a slump for as long as we have is because UT admin gave Haslam pretty much full control of UT athletics without the actual job title. And pretty much every person hired has been a failure. I'm sure Haslam wanted UT to be great, but he wanted to do it his way with no questions asked, which obviously doesn't work well when you look at his track record.

Failure. It's what Haslam does.

The change happened when our admin finally rejected Haslam's influence by firing Currie and replacing him with Fulmer instead of another puppet.

I think the root reason we've been in a slump for as long as we have is because UT admin gave Haslam pretty much full control of UT athletics without the actual job title. And pretty much every person hired has been a failure. I'm sure Haslam wanted UT to be great, but he wanted to do it his way with no questions asked, which obviously doesn't work well when you look at his track record.

Failure. It's what Haslam does.
I really question how much Haslam wanted UT to be great, in all honesty. The Haslams don't seem to care about the Browns

The Change has to occur at the top, The Governor, The Chancellor, The President, Then all Deans and administrators have to make the changes and lead the way. The changes that Jimmy Cheeks made starting about 12 years ago put Tenn athletics at a disadvantage to other schools. Disagree all you want but look at Tenns overall sports performance over the last 12 years and other than an occasional good blip, show me the consistent winning many Vol fans were used to or expected.. Not asking for anymore from them than doing what Tenns competition does. If Vandy, LSU, Aub, UGA, USC KY, UA do it, why cant we? Nothing more, nothing less.
Dr Johnson used to say that UT was many things more than sports, But the Sports teams were the front porch of the school and thats what people see and judge us on.

THE TRUTH. No, not the truth, but THE BEAUTIFUL TRUTH. The administration since Dr. Joe Johnson left has been an abomination both athletically and academically. I pray my beloved institution is on the road back in both regards.

We're going to lose track of losing culture real soon. I expect it to be found (finders-keepers) by Vandy, Arky or a Mississippi school.

THE TRUTH. No, not the truth, but THE BEAUTIFUL TRUTH. The administration since Dr. Joe Johnson left has been an abomination both athletically and academically. I pray my beloved institution is on the road back in both regards.

Yep. Close to the time Haslam also became the biggest donor wanting full control.

There is heart and there is head. Pruitt has an opportunity as a new coach to input into the hearts on his staff and the players what it takes to win. If they see positive results from his inputs their bodies will follow and they will be winners. If his inputs ultimately fail their bodies will not follow and they will be losers.

Once upon a time, the Steelers were a horrible organization. Heck they even cut a young 20 yr old named Johnnie Unitas
Golden State were losers until Steve Kerr & Currie arrived
Bulls were bad until Phil Jackson & M J & Snotty Scotty arrived
A good coach with a plan and a couple of the teams best leaders buy into the philosophy and BOom. You start winning and getting confidence. Then your opponent will BLINK. Then you get in their head and you win

Once upon a time, the Steelers were a horrible organization. Heck they even cut a young 20 yr old named Johnnie Unitas
Golden State were losers until Steve Kerr & Currie arrived
Bulls were bad until Phil Jackson & M J & Snotty Scotty arrived
A good coach with a plan and a couple of the teams best leaders buy into the philosophy and BOom. You start winning and getting confidence. Then your opponent will BLINK. Then you get in their head and you win

Then the Steelers got new owners and the Rooneys took over, and they decided whatever the coachs and GM said they needed, they got it for them, and winning it all was a priority from the top down.

Golden State got new ownership a few years back as well.. It starts at the very top..

I really question how much Haslam wanted UT to be great, in all honesty. The Haslams don't seem to care about the Browns

Actually I disagree, I believe the problem is Haslam loves football, and thinks he knows all about it, when he actually doesnt compared to the better minds in the game,,

His pride wont allow him to admit that he doesn't know a tenth of what he needs to to make football and sports admin decisions. He just needs to let his money hire the right people and show up and watch the games, but again, his pride wont let him.

Just because you love and even played a sport doesn't mean you know sheet about it.

I do have to admit. The team I saw from the Tech game to the UGA game was completely different. They started hanging their heads, losing their hustle and just overall looked defeated. Pruitt has to figure out a way to get the kids to buy in. Even if they lose some early ones they just need to know they are heading in the right direction.

I do have to admit. The team I saw from the Tech game to the UGA game was completely different. They started hanging their heads, losing their hustle and just overall looked defeated. Pruitt has to figure out a way to get the kids to buy in. Even if they lose some early ones they just need to know they are heading in the right direction.
I don't know if I agree. If the team ever quit playing hard in a game, it's because they were down by like 30 in the 4th -- but mostly it seemed like they played very hard.

I was at the UGA game the Vols team was getting the crowd loud on the sidelines despite being down 24-0 in the 2nd. They tried to make it a better 2nd half but once they were going into the 4th down by more with zero points, that's when they knew it was over.

The biggest difference was the magnitude of the opponent. GaTech was 5-6, one dimensional team with a bad defense. Georgia on the other hand was an immensely talented 13 win team that was a play or 2 away from winning the national title. Not really disputing your assertion of what you saw with our team attitude and affect, just saying that the level of competition played a big role in how we saw our team “perform”.

VN Store

Back