Looks like we will have a really successful and fulfilling season

GBOplayer

Based on our play thus far, and based on projections for the rest of the season, we are projected to be playing in the TaxSlayor Gator Bowl against Virginia Tech. What an incredible accomplishment this would be given where we were as a program last year. Playing in a quality bowl game like the Gator Bowl against a solid Virginia Tech program in year 1 of CJH would be a indicator that we are a program that is on the way back to where we belong.

Based on our play thus far, and based on projections for the rest of the season, we are projected to be playing in the TaxSlayor Gator Bowl against Virginia Tech. What an incredible accomplishment this would be given where we were as a program last year. Playing in a quality bowl game like the Gator Bowl against a solid Virginia Tech program in year 1 of CJH would be a indicator that we are a program that is on the way back to where we belong.
tenor (1).gif

I sincerely hope the above is correct. However, it is hard for me to find 6 wins for my Vols !!!!

I'm confused. Is this your personal prediction?

I to think 6 wins and a bowl game would be a great accomplishment. we are going to have to beat one of (Mizzou, Ole Miss, KY) to make it. I think our best chance is Mizzou. I need to watch their (Mizzou) games to see what their offense looks like. From memory of last year seems like their QB came alive later in the year after we played them.

Not being a nega-Vol but our success ain't gonna start this coming weekend. Either FL is a LOT better than I thought, or the Bammers are nearly as good as I thought. FL 45, UT 24. Oh, for the days when no matter who we played, I knew we had a great chance of winning. Ho hum.

I know we want to win but we are going to have to be realistic about this team has been completely built from the ground up basically with less talent than we are used to and all new coaches and systems in place etc. this is a building process unlike the last 4 coaches had especially with the investigation looming

@ Missouri is a critical game.

We need to at least split the Missouri/UK games. I believe South Carolina and Vandy will be wins. South Alabama might be a little tricky.

Another issue is depth. We are going to lose players as the season goes on and we are very thin on the depth chart, especially at offensive line where we are already playing walk-ons. We need a healthy team in November or we may drop some games we are projected to win.

I sincerely hope the above is correct. However, it is hard for me to find 6 wins for my Vols !!!!
Well I still think we beat USC, Missouri, South Alabama, and Vandy and that gets us bowl eligible. But I don’t think we stop there. I also think we will beat Kentucky this year that will put us at 7 wins.

Last edited:
What projections are you seeing? Because when you look at the Bowl projections on ESPN they don’t have us going to a bowl at all unless I missed it.

What projections are you seeing? Because when you look at the Bowl projections on ESPN they don’t have us going to a bowl at all unless I missed it.
Well, ESPN hates us, so there's that...... 😎

Link?

iu

Reactions: Volfan76
I don’t see 6 wins for this team. So unless we have a COVID year repeat and have teams with losing records invited, I think we’ll be sitting home again.

@ Missouri is a critical game.

We need to at least split the Missouri/UK games. I believe South Carolina and Vandy will be wins. South Alabama might be a little tricky.

Another issue is depth. We are going to lose players as the season goes on and we are very thin on the depth chart, especially at offensive line where we are already playing walk-ons. We need a healthy team in November or we may drop some games we are projected to win.
LOL

So far, the Vols are 0-1 in games that are both winnable and critical to reaching 6 wins. That loss to Pitt looks even worse after their home loss Saturday. Throw-in the underwhelming o-line and QB play, it's hard to feel good about where this season is headed. This team just doesn't pass the eye test yet. Good for all of you that are optimistic, nothing wrong with that at all. There's also nothing wrong for a lack of confidence in winning 3 SEC games - which will be needed.

So far, the Vols are 0-1 in games that are both winnable and critical to reaching 6 wins. That loss to Pitt looks even worse after their home loss Saturday. Throw-in the underwhelming o-line and QB play, it's hard to feel good about where this season is headed. This team just doesn't pass the eye test yet. Good for all of you that are optimistic, nothing wrong with that at all. There's also nothing wrong for a lack of confidence in winning 3 SEC games - which will be needed.
The next 4 weeks are critical to us getting where we want to be. Kind of captain obvious here, but Mizzou and USCjr would be good wins. I really just want to see us look better on offense and progress each week. I can excuse Pitt because it was there. The calls were there for the most part, but the execution just didn’t happen. That game should’ve been over after 20 mins if we finish drives and hit even 1 deep ball.

giphy.gif

I don't see a season with wins over Bowling Green, TN Tech, another cupcake, and 3 wins out of (Mizzou, USC, UK, & Vandy) as an incredible açcomplishment. That's basically last season without 3 cupcake OOC opponents.

Reactions: Mtnvol80 and JPL

VN Store

Back