Looking more and more like DeBord will be the new OC

Debord was the HC at CMU when Butch was OC. I will be disappointed if he hires him. But the offense is already in place so all he has to do is not screw it up.

If DeBord is the best we can do when Butch is supposedly getting all this interest from coaches around the country I'll be amazed. Then again, maybe Butch wasn't telling the whole truth if this happens.

Not a good HC but 52-11 as OC at Michigan and a NC. Could work

Reactions: 3 people
Debord was the HC at CMU when Butch was OC. I will be disappointed if he hires him. But the offense is already in place so all he has to do is not screw it up.

We don't need somebody to come in and just not screw it up. We need a dynamic play caller that will inject some excitement into the offense.

Reactions: 9 people
An OC with a strong background in Offensive Line coaching? Sounds like a good fit. Might help shore up our line issues.

We better have a higher profile hire than flipping Arkansas. I'm going to be pissed if we hire a nobody.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wtf is that? That position is definitely not important enough to be promoted to our OC. I don't believe this story, but if it's true then that's shameful.

He is a sport admin at UM and before that was struggling to stay employed as a TE coach since 2007.

Just saw you on the 4 oclock news Bob. Is this what its come to? Starting threads on VN to stir s*** up during commercial breaks?

He was OC back in the day and got a NC. K............great. But, what kind of offense did he run back then? Can he recruit? Will being out of coaching for a while matter? Is our OC kind of in the same position as the bama DC? You got the job but you're not really the man.

This possible hire creates many questions. BUT, cant really say that Butch has let us down yet. Sooooooooooooooooo.........................whatever.

Calm down everyone. Mike DeBord has a decent history was OC for Michigan from 97-99, and in 97 they won the national championship. He left to try his hand as a head coach, but failed as a head coach. Has a proven track record as a coordinator, and in the span of 97-99 DeBord was part of a Michigan team that had a combined 32-5 record. Also won 2 conference championships during that time span. I think I would be pleased with this hire. He's as good or better than Bajakian. Last I checked Bajakian never won a national championship as an OC.

Reactions: 2 people
I've heard someone from Arizona is being considered.

I'm sure this situation is very fluid and by the time I hear about it.........it's old info.

VN Store

Back