Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

View attachment 560244
View attachment 560246View attachment 560247

South Carolina isn’t happy lol.

But I do agree with them on one thing, turf for baseball should be illegal. I hate it and I always will.
South Carolina does have a nice park. Come to think of it, that is the ONLY thing they have in that dump of a town where their school is located.
In light of the playing surface of their football stadium, I’d think they would be the least credible regarding criticizing the facilities of other schools 🤷‍♂️

Personally, we like to be closer to the action, so we’re now in the first row behind the visitors’ dugout.

I ran into baseball friends too and spoke with the ushers I’ve gotten to know over the years.

Nice! That'll be a cool view. I was happy to see Rodney at the gate, and it took me a minute to find them, but "my" ushers had moved down the 3B line in the newer sections.

And you're right, they are nowhere near done with the work out there. Lots of temporary structure put in just to tread water until fully finished.

My main hope now is those massive poles holding up the nets are gone by next year...

South Carolina does have a nice park. Come to think of it, that is the ONLY thing they have in that dump of a town where their school is located.
In light of the playing surface of their football stadium, I’d think they would be the least credible regarding criticizing the facilities of other schools 🤷‍♂️

Man, seriously. UT had plenty of issues but eventually got them sorted out. Carolina on the other hand...

Most places at least have the decency to get green sand.

They look like they just dump that bagged stuff from Home Depot anywhere they need it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Nice! That'll be a cool view. I was happy to see Rodney at the gate, and it took me a minute to find them, but "my" ushers had moved down the 3B line in the newer sections.

And you're right, they are nowhere near done with the work out there. Lots of temporary structure put in just to tread water until fully finished.

My main hope now is those massive poles holding up the nets are gone by next year...
Rodney is a great guy; I spoke to him as well.

Did your seats move?

Unless I misunderstood, I think drilling for some of the supports for the new boxes should start this week.

(Disclaimer: every drilling job I've ever been around never starts on time).

There was a thread last summer about the AD tracking ticket resales. It was unclear just what level of ticket resales would revoke someone's season tickets. Some clarity there might free people up to sell the tickets they don't use.

Updated Ticket Terms

Of course, if I could afford a 4 top, I could probably afford to donate tickets to widows and orphans when I wasn't going to a game.

There was a thread last summer about the AD tracking ticket resales. It was unclear just what level of ticket resales would revoke someone's season tickets. Some clarity there might free people up to sell the tickets they don't use.

Updated Ticket Terms

Of course, if I could afford a 4 top, I could probably afford to donate tickets to widows and orphans when I wasn't going to a game.
Yet the school has no problem asking for same people to donate them back to the school to use. It’s quite a racket for the people with the tickets and the school.

Also, heard V on the Drive say we will probably get new turf next year as things are finished up. Desperately want the dark brown "dirt" replaced. Southern Miss's looked much more natural and pleasing to my eye at least

Attachments

• 20240223_175327.jpg
    20240223_175327.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 51
Absolutely. I still don't know how they can do all that in one year.

I know, that is a crazy tight window. Only thing I can figure is the boxes, etc will be that erector set type stuff that they can toss up pretty quick and then get it in the dry.

But man, that's a ton of work.

I hate this trend, which is obviously, for lots of money. There’s something about “Fenway Park” sounding so much more classy and historical and meaningful vs. Minute Maid Park.

VN Store

Back