Lew Evans Appreciation Thread

From KnoxNews:

A senior inspired a magnificent rally and helped write a happy Tennessee ending on senior day. Only it wasn’t the senior you would have predicted.

The senior you would have predicted, the career 1,000-point scorer,*struggled on senior day. He missed six of seven shots. He even declined to sub into the game during the Vols’ stretch-run rally, not wanting to disturb the chemistry.
The other senior had his back.
“He won this game for us,’’ said Robert Hubbs III.
Hubbs was talking about Lew Evans.
There was plenty of “L-e-w-w-w” from a Thompson-Boling Arena crowd of 14,652 on Saturday as Tennessee overcame a 16-point second-half deficit to beat Alabama 59-54 on the final day of the regular season.
“He earned his keep today,’’ said coach Rick Barnes.

Mike Strange: Lew Evans wins senior day

For real? I missed that...

Oh, by the way, Evans' mouth was hurting bad. He got two front teeth knocked out by an LSU elbow on Wednesday night.
"I've got a headache,'' he said. "I haven't really ate anything since I got 'em knocked out. I've got like no energy. But I had to do whatever it took to play today.''

Reactions: 1 person
Too bad he couldn't have played like a fifth-year senior all season.
We might have made the post-season after all if he had.

Geez every single thread you take a steaming dump on. Couple that with your offense handle ( I have a special needs kid ahole) and there you go. Keyboard warrior extraordinaire..

Reactions: 3 people
I can't think of a better Senior Day story ever at UT. Lew played his best 3 or 4 minutes in his entire career to finish off Bama.

ass comment

True comment. He has been pretty bad to terrible 90% of the year and may have cost us about 3 games. He is getting love like he made plays or got a bunch of hustle plays that went his way. Neither is true. :dunno:

True comment. He has been pretty bad to terrible 90% of the year and may have cost us about 3 games. He is getting love like he made plays or got a bunch of hustle plays that went his way. Neither is true. :dunno:

I guess you didn't watch the last couple of minutes of the Alabama game. Two 3-pointers, drew a charge, blocked a shot, grabbed a couple of rebounds.

A better 3-point shooter than Parker, Bones, and Hubbs. More assists than turnovers. Yeah, he's horrible. It's amazing that TN didn't lose every game that he played in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back