Letter to John Currie

Nerwen Aldarion

Tennessee Girl
I always stick by my word. I told my sister yesterday that it would take Tennessee condoning something like Penn State did in order for me to turn in my fan card.

Dear Mr. Currie,

I have been a Tennessee fan my entire life. My father is an alum, my sister and I are both alumni, as a student I attended every football game from the student section even when we were the first class that had to pay for their football tickets. In your announcement on starting the search for a new hire you yourself said you wanted a man of "integrity". I had a lot of hope you would find someone who would set a good example for our program and our students.

And then I read you are hiring Greg Schiano.

I live in Pennsylvania and am well versed in the PEnn State Scandal involving Jerry Sandusky. I'm also aware of the fact that Greg Schiano watched Sandusky rape a child with his own eyes and then did not report it. He was a part of that staff for years and still allowed Sandusky to continue his disgusting acts against innocent children.

I told my family that I would never support Tennessee if they supported something like that and with this hire this is precisely what you are doing.

So, I will not attend or watch a game, I will not buy anything Tennessee related, I will not wear orange or donate a single cent to this university as long as you and Greg Schiano are on our staff.

I do not know how you can sleep at night for hiring such a horrible person.

Good Day Sir,

XXXXXXX (class of 2012 and a former fan)

Reactions: 17 people
Mr Currie, I've bought my last season ticket. I'm too old to go through five more years of this ****. FU and FUT. This is a disaster.

Reactions: 2 people
This is not enough. We can't wait 3 years for them to see the consequences of this, we need to stop this from happening NOW.

Reactions: 2 people
This is what you get when you hire lightweights in major positions. We got a woman from Cinncinnati, and an AD from that major power Kansas State, who has never made a football hire. My what did we expect would happen. Not only are you a lightweight Currie but you are a liar as well.

Reactions: 3 people
Cannot believe we've allowed them to disgrace this proud program with such a filthy person. The guy can't even coach. Haynesworth and Peyton have already expressed distaste. Oh well... let's all go to the mountains or lake on Saturday. Maybe we can all learn that life is more than just Tennessee football.

Reactions: 1 person
This is not enough. We can't wait 3 years for them to see the consequences of this, we need to stop this from happening NOW.

Oh I don't think it will take three years, I fear for Currie's personal safety if he hires this piece of dog feces.

There is literally not a worse hire. Petrino or Kiffin would go over better. Hell Derek Mason would go over better. Hugh freeze is looking for a job, he'll he would come cheap.

The problem is if our administration was stupid enough to get this far with this stupidity, there is no hope.

Everyone that goes and supports Tennessee after this should have their head examined.

I always stick by my word. I told my sister yesterday that it would take Tennessee condoning something like Penn State did in order for me to turn in my fan card.

Dear Mr. Currie,

I have been a Tennessee fan my entire life. My father is an alum, my sister and I are both alumni, as a student I attended every football game from the student section even when we were the first class that had to pay for their football tickets. In your announcement on starting the search for a new hire you yourself said you wanted a man of "integrity". I had a lot of hope you would find someone who would set a good example for our program and our students.

And then I read you are hiring Greg Schiano.

I live in Pennsylvania and am well versed in the PEnn State Scandal involving Jerry Sandusky. I'm also aware of the fact that Greg Schiano watched Sandusky rape a child with his own eyes and then did not report it. He was a part of that staff for years and still allowed Sandusky to continue his disgusting acts against innocent children.

I told my family that I would never support Tennessee if they supported something like that and with this hire this is precisely what you are doing.

So, I will not attend or watch a game, I will not buy anything Tennessee related, I will not wear orange or donate a single cent to this university as long as you and Greg Schiano are on our staff.

I do not know how you can sleep at night for hiring such a horrible person.

Good Day Sir,

XXXXXXX (class of 2012 and a former fan)

Fire John Currier. Chancellor of UT where are you and the boosters where are you? If this becomes true John Currier's days are numbered. First, I don't care whether he was cleared by Ohio State with the sex scandal that occurred at Penn State. He knew what went on and said nothing about it. And this is the best we could do. Do you honestly believe parents will want their sons around such a person? John Currier you are a stupid ass and YOU will be held accountable for HIS actions. In 4 years, we will be having this conversation again, but it won't be with John Currier. Believe that John Currier...

I've been a vol fan for 25 years. I would have continued to support them with any other hire. I might not have liked it, but I would have supported the team. If this is true I'm done until Schiano and Currie are gone. Totally unacceptable.

Last edited:
Mr. Currie if you hire Schiano please resign ASAP and take first flight back to Manhattan, Kansas because you will be ran out of here quick.

VN Store

Back