Lets face reality now while we're sober

Also, we will have to stop their tight end from having a good game, Krull. #7. If Pickett and Krull have soso games, we win.

Well said on all-- I am just flummoxed at how Heupel, known as a QB guru, even brought Milton on campus knowing of his faulty mechanics at Michigan, and why Hooker or Bailey didn't take meaningful snaps after Milton struggled.

Milton's passing efficiency ranking was 80th at 112. Pitt's QB, Pickett, was 35th at 152.
NCAA College Football FBS current individual Stats | NCAA.com
I have full confidence that he looked at the 3 QBs in the spring, plus a true freshman who didn’t practice and said he needed an upgrade. Milton may in fact be better than the guys on the bench. We have to trust his judgment until he plays at this level for several games.

Man I can’t believe the amount of defeatists there is it this country!! Why don’t they all just give bammer the natty trophy and stop this whole bs college football season! SMDH
Cowards. Bunch of chicken littles the sky is falling weaklings. Just open the door and let the man eat your lunch and pop the bag. Smh. So many whiners and complainers here.

You guys are losers. Have you forgotten the 2019 Bama game? What about the 2015 Bama game? We had a chance to win both games and on paper we had no business being in those games. And we have given Georgia hell many times when they should have killed us on paper. If our offense starts clicking and we stay healthy anything could happen. That's why they play the games.
God bless ya.

I’d put my house on UT losing both games.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
What we know: New Regime (again) in Game 1. Won Game 1. We all would like to have seen better play.

Why in cornbread hell are so many folks making lunch plans with the Grim Reaper? If these guys drill down on the issues and tighten things up, the team will get better. I'd rather see the team in get hard mode rather having a big head over a blow out win against BG.
Again there are so many weak minded pessimistic assume the worst children on this thread and that’s an insult to children. At least kids have an imagination. I HATE cry babies and cowards.

The Clemson UGA game showed two things:

1. Clemson started a new QB whom noone will know how well he does until the season progresses. I actually can see Clemson losing a few games in the ACC this year and miss the CFP. Their run game was not very strong.

2. UGA couldnt score more than 10 points with all their talent on offense. Is that lack of good offensive play or was that simply a great defensive scheme dialed up by Clemson?

I'm not so sure either of these teams are CFP material they were hyped up to be. Its early, so who knows.
The only thing thats a constant is Alabama. They completely obliterated Miami and showed no signs of a drop from last year.

TN will take a step forward folks. We have a coach who's resume is developing QBs. Let's relax with the bench Milton bitching. He's the starting QB and that won't change. With some coaching, my bets are he gets better and lights up some defenses as the season goes along. Huepel seems pretty confident in his post game presser the mistakes that were made can be corrected. I'm going with that.

Reactions: Volle
What we know: New Regime (again) in Game 1. Won Game 1. We all would like to have seen better play.

Why in cornbread hell are so many folks making lunch plans with the Grim Reaper? If these guys drill down on the issues and tighten things up, the team will get better. I'd rather see the team in get hard mode rather having a big head over a blow out win against BG.

EDIT: Too late. It appears Joe Milton III has been charged with possession of a big head.

Reactions: tbh and HalfullVol
Bama will be an embarrassing loss. UGA will also be a loss, but not as bad as Bama. They once again have no offense. Vandy and SC should be wins. Mizzou is a toss-up, and Pitt & KY could very well beat us soundly.
I don’t agree that UK will beat us soundly at all. As a matter of fact I think we will win. I don’t under why everyone is treating Kentucky as a markedly superior team over UT? Take away Guarantano’s mistakes and the final score is 20-7 instead of 34-7.

Did you find it odd Heupel didn't bring another QB in the game earlier? If for no other reason, experience....I believe the backup came in with just over a minute left in the game. It's easier for all of us to sit back after the fact and ask these questions, but I had expected to see another much sooner than we did.
I didn't find it odd considering it appeared Heupel was deliberately getting Milton reps, in particular.... difficult situation reps, making him throw when the defense was giving the run.

We'd shown we could run all day against the 3 man front but Heupel chose, apparently, to have Milton look down field for passes against 8 guys back on pass defense to see what he'd do, instead of continuing to rack up yardage on the ground. 🤷‍♂️

Milton stood there looking, mostly, as I would against no pressure when my coach wants me to pass and I'm looking at lots of double coverage.

I don't know if that was a test of Milton's ability to look around for the open guy (some he missed) or Milton's patience to hold rather than throw into coverage (some he threw into poorly.)

I'm certain, though, Heupel knew we could run them into oblivion as we did starting the first half..... and any QB could've handed it off then. He wanted Milton in there to get a look at something and he wanted Milton to look to pass in places where a run would've been the better call. 🤷‍♂️

I'm assuming Heupel had a reason for those play calls, which seemed odd, and a reason for continuing to leave Milton in while making those calls.

I don't understand what UT vs BG has to do with this. I'm saying neither CU or Ga could get their offenses going. Is it that their defenses were so great? We won't know until they play more teams.
Neither offense looked very good. It could be that Both defenses were really good, The Eason is still only one game old. A lot of things can change for everyone. Let's see what is happening a the end of October. Remember, It is Georgia and they always screw up once or twice a year.

Reactions: rocky top buzz
Take it. We'll see what our defense is made of when they play an offense with a pulse. Further, we'll see if how bad Milton really is when he plays a better D as well. I would actually put more money on defense holding the line before i would Milton even being a serviceable quarterback.
So are you giving 14 or better yet 17 points/\? You did say at least 2 TDs. Defense is better than expected and the LOS is where this game will be won. So there you go.

So are you giving 14 or better yet 17 points/\? You did say at least 2 TDs. Defense is better than expected and the LOS is where this game will be won. So there you go.
I don't think its safe to assume anything about the defense yet. Our Line does look to be very well coached. I'm still not sure how good we're gonna be in the secondary and at linebacker and how good our DC is gonna be. Saturday will be a good indicator. I am basing my prediction more on the fact we don't have a QB in Milton. He has many of the same deficiencies as JG, and as we al know, when you play teams that can actually defend, it's hard to win without a QB. Run game I think will be fine. Milton has to approve a great amount from game 1 to game 2 for us to have a chance. I just dont see his shortcomings in Game 1 as things that get fixed with coaching. We'll see.

Did you watch today’s Bama and/or Georgia games? Asking for a friend.
Who is beating Alabama this year? . Georgia might play a half with them but will get boat raced in 2nd half.Any given Saturday Shmerturday this year. Absolute machine. How they have never been caught in Saban era .I’ll never know. They are SEC A and then GA FL and couple others SEC B.. then all other schools in country come after that. The separation is staggering

Last edited:
I hope and pray that we are a short throws, tuck it and run early, screen happy offense and that it was a conscious decision not to show it.

If what we saw Saturday was the norm then yeah this season isn’t going to feel like much of a step forward. At all.

I don't think its safe to assume anything about the defense yet. Our Line does look to be very well coached. I'm still not sure how good we're gonna be in the secondary and at linebacker and how good our DC is gonna be. Saturday will be a good indicator. I am basing my prediction more on the fact we don't have a QB in Milton. He has many of the same deficiencies as JG, and as we al know, when you play teams that can actually defend, it's hard to win without a QB. Run game I think will be fine. Milton has to approve a great amount from game 1 to game 2 for us to have a chance. I just dont see his shortcomings in Game 1 as things that get fixed with coaching. We'll see.

I agree with you about Milton. The LOS against teams OOC I think we will have an edge on and it will be a Close Game. Secondary on Defense is above Average. LB Corps is yet to be determined.

I don't think we saw enough to know what we will see on Saturday because of the opponent.

A positive is what happened between the First and Second halves of this game for both the Offense and Defense. The Offense was more about the Run Game.
Ever had a Wide Open receiver and overthrown them. Saw it in quite a few games on Saturday.

Milton did not show us much at all. So there you go. Not a real Basis to call him anything at the moment. It is kind of like basketball and players who are so open that they can't hit a 3 during a game. Then you put someone on them and pressure them and they go lights out.

Either Milton can't process or he can but needs to step it up. 5-7 seconds is a lifetime to do so and by then the routes have broken down to backyard football.

Trust the Coaching Staff to make the necessary adjustments during the week. Do we really have any Choice at this point. No.

I can and can't image what Heuple has stated to the team

G,uess what, Tennessee has been gifted 2 extra days to adjust/scheme for this game which nobody seems to be mentioning. I will take that in a heart beat.

We need to get the Tennessee Team of old (past 15 years) out of our heads and it is as if we are once again starting from Ground Zero. Trust this Staff. The best edition to this staff has been Rodney Garner and we are lucky to have him. For the first time in years we have a true QB Coach so lets let this playout.

You are wrong about the 2 TDs and Pittsburgh I am not guaranteeing a win just in a wait and see mode.

Last edited:
I don't understand what UT vs BG has to do with this. I'm saying neither CU or Ga could get their offenses going. Is it that their defenses were so great? We won't know until they play more teams.
Top 2 defenses in the nation. UGA was without 5 of top 7 WR, one of the two who played only healthy enough for PR. What’s your opinion of Collins? Sat by a big Tech guy at the Braves game last month, said he was the best recruiter Tech can get, but can’t coach. You agree?

Top 2 defenses in the nation. UGA was without 5 of top 7 WR, one of the two who played only healthy enough for PR. What’s your opinion of Collins? Sat by a big Tech guy at the Braves game last month, said he was the best recruiter Tech can get, but can’t coach. You agree?

100% I agree. In fact a lot of Tech fans compare him to "Brick by Brick Butch" because Collins is all about slogans. The difference is at least Butch won 9 games twice.

Being sober is not a real problem on this board. Dealing with depression and Bi-polar issues are our biggest problems and inspire folks to forge season projections after one game. Luckily we have sage old stable fans like myself to point out their departures from reality to those that drop by and visit our boards. "Gadflyitis" is a real problem on lots of boards, especially when they swarm together. One symptom that identifies them is the application of the "I hope I am wrong" disclaimer.

How fast the learning curve is attained with our new schemes and how lucky we are with injuries with a depleted depth chart will impact us heavily this year. Can we avoid the busts on defense we have had in recent seasons? We have some serious athletes at lots of positions to throw out there, but whether or not they are football players has not been established. Our guys have to complete the runs and catches and finish the tackles after getting to the right places on the field if we are going to be able to win with the overall talent gap we have with many teams this year. Running fast to the wrong spots does not help our cause on either side of the ball. I will be watching and hoping for wins, some will be watching and hoping their predictions are validated. Been that way since the beginning of time I guess.

I doubt we're as bad as our passing game looked or as good as our running game looked. I expect a close game against Pitt. Toss up for me.

This cracks me up. Some of you are acting like UGA played some lower ranked scrub team. They played the #3 team in the nation. You think we have a better defense than Clemson? Get real. UGAs offense will likely end up as one of the best in the SEC.

We know, you love Kirby Smart and UGA. We get it dude. Lmao UGAs offense is a steaming pile of ****.

Did you watch the game? We knelt at their 15 with plenty of time left to score. Do you really doubt that both defenses are that good?

I don’t. Clenson’s QB threw for 400ish yards against Notre Dame last year. Georgia’s defense is dominant.

Take it. We'll see what our defense is made of when they play an offense with a pulse. Further, we'll see if how bad Milton really is when he plays a better D as well. I would actually put more money on our defense holding the line before i would Milton even being a serviceable quarterback.
I guess you know more than the Bookies and I guess the scar of Pruitt Not Pulling JG is looming in your Head. Different Coach that understands QB play will not sit the entire game with one QB if there is a Fail with Milton. He has those other two QBs ready to step into the game I will take a +14 bet. Too many variables to be giving 14 points.

I guess you know more than the Bookies and I guess the scar of Pruitt Not Pulling JG is looming in your Head. Different Coach that understands QB play will not sit the entire game with one QB if there is a Fail with Milton. He has those other two QBs ready to step into the game I will take a +14 bet. Too many variables to be giving 14 points.
I think he'll get a chance in this game to make a decision on Milton moving forward. Because standing motionless for 10 seconds behind the OL is gonna result in a lot sacks and turnovers this week.

VN Store

Back