Les Miles to Michigan... impact on SECCG?

I'm actually torn on this. As much as I'd love to see Miles leave the SEC, Ohio State is my second favorite team and I don't want him in the Big 10. As a Youngstown State grad, I love Tressel and have been watching him win titles for years now. Michigan football is my least favorite team in all of sports and hate when they show signs of life.

I think the Vols can win against Miles as evidenced by last years game. We played a banged up QB for 1 quarter than used a frosh the rest of the way...if not for a horrible no fumble call on JeMarcus Russell on the last drive, UT wins that game. Let Les stay put.

The talk up here is that UM doesnt even want Miles. Everyone just assumes they would because he is an alum. The AD st UM was quoted as saying "If Carr resigns, I wish we could clone him to be the next coach. We want someone to continue his ways". That certainly doesnt sound like Miles to me.....but anything can happen. I hope UT kicks LSU's ass in the SECCG.

and it would be that much sweeter if we smoked LSU...possibly allowing Ohio State to creep back into the Natl Title game vs WVU. (I think Kansas, Mizzou and OU/Texas will end up hurting eachother)

I'm actually torn on this. As much as I'd love to see Miles leave the SEC, Ohio State is my second favorite team and I don't want him in the Big 10. As a Youngstown State grad, I love Tressel and have been watching him win titles for years now. Michigan football is my least favorite team in all of sports and hate when they show signs of life.

I think the Vols can win against Miles as evidenced by last years game. We played a banged up QB for 1 quarter than used a frosh the rest of the way...if not for a horrible no fumble call on JeMarcus Russell on the last drive, UT wins that game. Let Les stay put.

You should want the move then. Tressel will beat Michigan every year if Miles takes over.

and it would be that much sweeter if we smoked LSU...possibly allowing Ohio State to creep back into the Natl Title game vs WVU. (I think Kansas, Mizzou and OU/Texas will end up hurting eachother)

If OSU wins, this will, I will do all I can to erase this season from my memory. Unless Tennessee is the SEC champion. :rock:

LSU doesn't even need a head coach. They should just let the O Cord and D Cord run the show. It's not like they wouldn't be where they are without Miles. I hope he goes to Michigan and fails.:)

Gary Crowton is not capable of running the show. He dismantled the BYU program, and after leaving for Oregon didn't do much better there (see Las Vegas bowl last year). Honestly I am shocked LSU wanted him.

Miles will never have more talent on any one team than he has at LSU right now. If he leaves he is out of his mind.

It's a good point Jack and one that Jimmy Johnson even touched on when the BCS standings were released tonight. He seemed to think it could have an effect on the players and could cause a letdown in the SECCG. I hope it causes all kinds of grief for the Tigers

It's a good point Jack and one that Jimmy Johnson even touched on when the BCS standings were released tonight. He seemed to think it could have an effect on the players and could cause a letdown in the SECCG. I hope it causes all kinds of grief for the Tigers
They will probable play better knowing they will have a coach next year with a IQ that isn't in the single digits.

They will probable play better knowing they will have a coach next year with a IQ that isn't in the single digits.

I personally admire Les Miles for being willing to take risks in order to win a ballgame. Although they don't always seem to be smart decisions, they typically have the talent to convert and make him look like a genius.

I personally admire Les Miles for being willing to take risks in order to win a ballgame. Although they don't always seem to be smart decisions, they typically have the talent to convert and make him look like a genius.
Someone else on here said making ballzy calls doesn't make one a great coach. I tend to agree with this sentiment.

With as much talent as he has, the team shouldn't be in positions for him to have to make those calls.

With as much talent as he has, the team shouldn't be in positions for him to have to make those calls.

Everyone has a bad day and they do compete in the SEC, but for that to happen on a consistant basis, ur right, it shouldn't. At least he displays a desire to win at all cost.

Could be a real indirect benefit for LSU's opponent (hopefully us!) in the SECCG if Mile's head isn't "in the game."

I think the fact that LSU's mighty defense has given up 24 or more points in 6 of the last 7 games is a benefit for their opponent....hopefully us! haha

Someone else on here said making ballzy calls doesn't make one a great coach. I tend to agree with this sentiment.

I never called Miles a great coach. He is not even the best coach in the SEC West. I just believe that if they had not attempted five fourth down conversions against Florida they don't win that ballgame and therefore have two losses and no shot at the national championship. Instead they have one loss and are ranked #1.

Same reason Majors left pitt the day after they won the national title. His alma mater has issues and he wanted to go back home and fix it.

VN Store

Back